Movie Date (Amajiki Tamaki)

Even when he was absolutely terrified, he never backed down from a challenge.

In Tamaki's mind it's the one redeeming trait he has; despite his anxiety, if he had his eyes set on a goal, he did what he could to reach it. He pushed past the odds, not realizing how great all of his accomplishments made him despite his constant worrying about doing something wrong. But something like this... it was overwhelming.

You're close to him, leaning against his shoulder actually, while you wait in line for a midnight showing of a movie. It's from a popular book series that you both appreciate so it only seemed right to invite you on a special date, where the two of you could bond even more over your shared interest. The way your eyes sparkled when he asked you to go despite the butterflies in his stomach making him want to vomit made it worth asking you to go.

He could just lean over and kiss you like he wanted to, but there were so many people around, in front and behind the two of you. What if he missed and got a face full of hair? Or worse, he ended up missing completely and kissing the air like a total fool? He shifts in his spot, glancing over at you periodically while you keep an eye out for when the front of the line begins to move. Eventually, you do notice he's watching you carefully, and can't help but wonder what's wrong.

"Are you alright, Tamaki? I'm sure they'll start letting us in soon!"

As if by magic, as though your words decreed it, the line begins to move and soon you're both in the theater. You settle in the back, excited when total darkness falls over the place and the trailers begin to play; you're holding Tamaki's hand, bouncing in your seat as you excitedly wait for the movie to begin.

It was now or never, he thinks to himself, he couldn't interrupt the movie just for a kiss. So he had to do it now.

He whips his head over quickly and leans forward after saying your name, hoping you had turned towards him when you called out so his plan could work. He feels the softness of your skin on his lips and he has to move a few centimeters over to properly capture your lips in a kiss, but he's successful to say the least. He pulls away just as quickly after a few seconds, not wanting to push boundaries since he'd surprised you to begin with.

You're speechless, and he begins to worry he kissed the wrong person; did he move the wrong way in the darkness of the theater and kiss a total stranger on the other side of him? When you squeeze his hand you alleviate his worries, and soon, the opening credits begin.

"Hey, Tamaki."

"Yeah?"

"After the movie... let's do that some more."

His entire face heats up; how was he supposed to focus on the movie now?!