Welcome Home (Amajiki Tamaki)

Tamaki was beyond excited to see you.

He understood your need to go abroad, to help heroes in other countries with your talents, but he couldn't wait for you to finally be back home where you belonged. You'd kept in contact with him over the few months you'd left knowing you'd have to ease his worried mind, though he could also try to tune into your exploits internationally. It was a bit harder to look up news on you but on lonely nights, it's all he could do to help lull himself to sleep.

He half expected some incident to pop up that would leave him off fighting a villain when you finally arrived home, leaving him unable to see you again for hours even when you were back in Japan, but he's pleased that reports for the day say most things are peaceful. He spends most of the time waiting for you to come home in your shared apartment, cleaning everything he can to help his nerves, hoping things hadn't changed too much while you were away. Would you be happy to be home, or would you want to venture back out in the world again?

He can't say he'd stop you from following your ambitions but it would leave a damper on your relationship; he craved face-to-face time with you, and he doesn't know if he could deal with you being away for such a long time again. He missed your touch, the feeling of your hand caressing his cheek or the way you'd run your fingers through his hair to soothe him, he missed it all. The apartment didn't smell like you anymore, either, and he was looking forward to being able to bury his face in your neck and just be overwhelmed by your scent.

He whips the door open before you have the chance to reach for the knob, as he had heard your footsteps coming from a mile away; you stare at him wide-eyed, surprised that he managed to sense you coming when you had wanted to surprise him with your arrival, but you don't take it to heart. It's clear how much he missed you, especially when his first response to seeing you is to pull you in a hug so tight it felt like he was trying to melt into you. You rub his back comfortingly, slowly helping him back into the doorway and closing the door behind you so you could have some much needed privacy.

"Your face..." He mumbles when he finally pulls away, fingers tracing over the new scar; you must've fought a pretty tough villain if they managed to land a hit like this on you. You hold his hand that's touching the scar, bringing it to your lips and leaving a few gentle kisses on it.

"It's an amazing story, honestly, and I'm sure I won't forget it." He can't help but smile alongside you, leaning over to kiss the scar (and as much of your face he could reach). "I'm happy to see you, Tamaki. I was worried you'd be busy when I came back, but from how the place is absolutely sparkling I can tell you've been here all day."

"I was. I-I... couldn't wait for you to be home."

"Well, I'm here now, and I'm all yours the rest of the night."