Confession (Amajiki Tamaki)

Tamaki eyes you warily as you approach him.

He had been told by Nejire not to do that to people, especially not ones he liked romantically because it sent the wrong message, but he couldn't help it. Why were you approaching him so quickly? Or was that normal walking speed, and he just hadn't noticed? He wasn't ashamed of being aware of his surroundings because of his anxiety but... he could probably tone it down a bit.

He freezes when you first start talking to him, something not that unusual. He forgets the effect your voice has on him when you talk, and he's lost in a daze before he knocks himself out of it and forces himself to focus on what you're saying to him. He misses the beginning half of what you have to say but when he hears the word 'like' involved in the same sentence as his name, he feels his body grow numb.

You... like him?!

His mouth hangs open as you stop speaking, your cheeks flushed at his odd reaction. You're not exactly surprised since he reacted oddly to most things you did, but you try to wait patiently for a response.

"...me?" He finally asks, voice almost too low to hear.

"Yes." You nod. "I like you!"

He's immediately overwhelmed to the point he feels as though everyone is staring at him (there's not that many people around regardless) and he buries his face in his hands to hide his reddening face. How could he respond? Confirm his feelings? Run away? Why was making himself scarce one of his first thoughts?

He continues to sputter in embarrassment, looking like a hot mess before Mirio and Nejire swoop in to save the day.

"Did he tell you he likes you too? Did he ask you out on a date? That's so sweet!" Nejire smiles brightly and pats Tamaki's back, who's still curled up.

"Wow, isn't it great? The person you liked confessed to you, I know I'd be happy if that happened to me!" Mirio laughs, joining in on Nejire's teasing. You nod your head at them both, getting that they're trying to display Tamaki's emotions that he could clearly not translate to you well.

"Well, I'll see you on our date then, Amajiki!"

He feels himself begin to calm down when you step away, the situation being sprung on him so suddenly had left him unable to tell you all the things he had wanted to, but luckily his more extroverted friends had swooped along. He straightens out and goes to continue about his day when he's hit with another wave of anxiety.

He has a date?!