{7}

Emily opened the bathroom door. The sounds of the boys laughter travelled up the stairs.

Emily put her bag over her shoulder and made her way downstairs. Everyone was sitting in the sitting room and Corbyn was hovering over Jack. Emily noticed that Jack had curlers in his hair.

"Um, what's with the curlers?" Emily laughed.

"What? I have to keep these noodles bouncy," Jack joked, stroking his hair.

Emily rolled her eyes and sat next to Jonah. After a few minutes of talking, there was a loud honking from outside.

"And that would be Logan. Bye guys," Emily waved bye and walked to the front door. When she opened the door, it was not Logan standing there, instead it was her mom. "Mom!"

"Hello sweetie," Mom said, hugging Emily tight.

"How did you get here?"

"Logan brought me. He's waiting in the car so we better hurry up,"

Emily and her mom got in the car quickly. Emily had barely closed the door when Logan took off.

"Calm down Logan," Emily said, patting Logan's shoulder.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh I'm sorry. Do you want to be late for dance?"

Emily's eyes widened as she saw the time. There was ten minutes until class started, and they were a good twenty minutes away.

Luckily, after many shortcuts, they got their just in time. Emily didn't even wait for her mother. She just ran as fast as she could, bursting through the doors and into the studio.

Everyone was there, except Miss Martin.
Great, Logan probably broke twenty laws trying to get here.

Emily quickly spotted her friend Emma sitting on one of the benches. She was stretching and looked up when she heard Emily approaching.

Emma picked her glasses up off the bench and ran into Emily's open arms. It's been about a month since the girls saw eachother and were beyond happy to be reunited.

"Oh my god, how have you been," Emma asked after they had calmed down.

"Good. Well great actually. Although Logan is no better than he usually is, I met some of his friends though. Their in a band called Why Don't We. Their so sweet and funny and I'm literally after coming from their place," Emily explained. She watched as a smile spread across Emma's face.

"I've heard of them. They have some nice music,"

"Yeah, I was just listening to it-" Emily's eyes widened. "Shit, I left my phone at their house," Emily groaned and put her head on Emma's shoulder.

"Don't worry. You can go and get it back after class," Emma sympathised. "And I don't mean to make you feel worse, but Polly's back,"

Emily sat up. She could feel anger boiling inside her already. Polly was like Emily's enemy. She was always out for what Emily had, and sabotaging her dances.

And Polly had missed the last month and a half of dance because she was away on some European holiday.

"Really? Ugh, of cou-"

Emily was cut off by the door swinging open. Miss Martin walked in, her usual scowl taking residence over her face.

"Around me please," she ordered, clapping her hands.

Everyone quickly walked to Miss Martin and surrounded her in a semi-circle. She had an announcement to make, and by her posture and the way she spoke, it was something important.

"Okay girls, as you know Emily Paul is your dance Captain. Well, seen as it is a new term, I thought, why not select a new Captain. After alot of thought I have decided on Polly Steven," Miss Martin announced.

Almost instantly there was a few protests, mostly from Emma and Emily. Miss Martin quickly hushed everyone.

"Polly, I believe you have a dance prepared for a class," Miss Martin said after she had calmed everyone down, but people were still whispering between themselves,

Polly stepped forward, her fake blonde hair falling off her shoulder. "As a matter of fact I do. I've been preparing since I got back from Europe," Polly said, emphasising Europe.

"Well perfect, then you can begin," with that Miss Martin turned on her heels and walked over to the wall to observe the girls.

First everyone stretched, of course Polly had to bend in ways that made her shorts ride up her legs, just showing enough of her butt to keep the imagination curious.

Then it was time to dance. Polly started off by demonstrating with her 'minions'.
Emily had to admit, it was a good dance, but it was also very complicated.

After showing it twice more, it was everyone else's turn. Emma and Emily gave eachother a look. They both knew there was no way they would be able to do it. But they still tried and as presumed, they failed.

"No no no. Just take five," Polly dismissed everyone with a flick of her hand.

Emily happily stood up from the floor, where her and three others had fallen.
"I better go talk to my-" Emily stopped when she saw five familiar figures standing by the door. "Excuse me for a moment," Emily said to Emma before jogging across the dance floor to the boys.

"Oh my god Emily, your so good at dancing," Daniel said, with a slight hint of sarcasm.

"Shut up. It's not my fault Polly made us do that stupid dance," Emily complained, punching Daniel in the shoulder.

"Ooh, somebodies sour," Corbyn pointed out.

"Yeah well, Polly is after getting dance Captain, and that was my part. It's so unfair. We had a dance and everything prepared but no, Polly swoops in after her month and a half European holiday," Emily started ranting on, and she would have kept going, except Polly called everyone back.

Emily turned to say bye to the guys. The first person she saw was Zach, but his attention was on something else. Emily followed his gaze to the tall girl, socialising with some of the other dancers.

"Her names Emma,"

Zach snapped out of his trance. "W-what?"

"The girl you were just staring at, her names Emma, and she's like my best friend," Emily said laughing. The boys started laughing and smacking Zach on the back.

"Awe, Zachys got a crush," Daniel cooed.

"Shut up," he complained, shrugging Daniel off and sending Emily a glare.

Emily backed off with her hands raised. The boys were still laughing while they started walking away.

"And she's single," Emily started wiggling her eyebrows as she saw the small flicker of a smile on Zach's lips.

"I don't care,"

"Then stop eyeballing my friend," Emily shoved Zach in the shoulder.

Emily smiled and walked back over to the group, mentally preparing herself for the next forty-five minutes of pure torture.