{55}

"Hey, where are you going?" Logan called from the kitchen.

Emily sighed and rolled her eyes. She closed the door and turned back to Logan who had his arms crossed. Bailey was making lunch behind him, but Emily could tell she was listening in.

"To meet a friend," Emily smiled sweetly and left. She didn't want to have to hear Logan complain or ask 'Which friend' because whatever she said, he wouldn't believe.

At 2:32 Emily arrived at the small little Café on the corner of a busy junction. Emily looked through the front window to see if Neels had arrived yet, and surely he was sitting near the back, two coffees on the table.

Seeing him after so long made Emily's heart jump a little. He hadn't changed in the last few months, the same cocky look on his face that made him look older than eighteen.

"Hi," Neels breathed out, a smile coming onto his face.

"Hi. Thanks for the coffee," Emily smiled too, taking a sip from the coffee.

"Yep, just the way you like it. Strong with only a drop of milk,"

"Awe you remembered," Emily laughed, taking another sip.

****

Emily closed the front door shut with her foot as she yelled out to see if anyone was home. When she turned the corner she saw all the boys playing with Kong.

"Oh, hey guys,"

Jack handed Kong over to Daniel and walked to Emily. He put both of his hands on either side of her face and gave Emily a long passionate kiss.

"What was that for," Emily asked, turning a very unattractive shade of red.

"You just seemed upset the last time I saw you and I'm sorry we couldn't make it over yesterday but we had rehearsals," Jack said, stroking Emily's cheek with the pad of his thumb.

Was it bad that Emily was glad he couldn't make it over. Maybe it was the fact she needed to think, or maybe it was because she was talking to Neels. Either way, something inside her felt guilty.

"Let's go talk in my room," Emily said, taking Jack's hand and leading him over to her room.

"Use protection kids," Logan called.

"Will do," Emily called back sarcastically, but Logan mustn't have picked up on that.

"No, I didn't actually mean it,"

"Yeah, ever hear of sarcasm," Emily gave Logan a toothy grin before closing her door.

She placed her phone on the bed and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth, considering she had forgotten to this morning.

Jack sat down on the bed and went onto Snapchat to check out some of the filters. Emily's phone dinged and he looked over for a second to see a text. He wasn't gonna read it until he saw the winky face at the end.

N.V: Had lots of fun today😉

Emily came out of the bathroom just at that moment.

"Who's N.V?" Jack asked, picking up Emily's phone.

"W-what?"

"You know what I said,"

"Neels," Emily muttered, taking her phone back.

"And why is he texting you using a winky face?"

"You read my texts!"

"No, I just glanced at it to see some guy flirting with my girlfriend,"

"He wasn't flirting,"

"Then why did we feel the need to have to send a winky face?"

"Because...... because we used to date," Emily squeezed her eyes shut and sighed realising what she just said.

"Are you cheating on me?" Jack asked, his voice cracking on the last word.

"What! No. Neels is like a brother to me, one of the reasons me and him never worked out,"

"And what was another reason then,"

"That only three people knew about our relationship, Erika, Tessa and Alissa. It was so hard sneaking around the whole time that it just... broke us,"

Jack pulled Emily into a hug, relief flooding his body. When he had seen that text everything just seemed to fall apart.

Another notification went off on Emily's phone. She checked it, expecting another text but instead it was Twitter.

Emily furrowed her eyebrows and clicked on it. Her feed was blowing up with tags.

@username1: OMG she is such a slut. Playing around behind Jack's back! @emily_paul

@username2: pls tell me it isn't true @emily_paul

"What the,"

Emily tried to find out where all this was coming from and ended up at Clevver News on YouTube.

Jack came and sat beside Emily to look at the video.

"What's up guys, and today we have the scoop on all your favourite stories. Today we will be talking about internet famous Emily Paul. The younger sister of Jake and Logan Paul has recently started dating Jack Avery, one of the members of five piece boy band Why Don't We.
The couple seem to be having a nice relationship, sometimes posting photos on Instagram of eachother or commenting cute and funny things on eachothers posts.
But could all that be in jeopardy as Emily was just today spotted in a small Café in downtown LA with Model Neels Visser.
Neels is an ex-member of Jake Pauls social media group Team 10. Visser had left just a few months ago, and has had zero contact with any member, or so it was thought.
It is no secret that Paul and Visser were close, but are they so close that the two were even seen holding hands.
Maybe something happened between the pair and that could be the reason Neels left Team 10.
Whatever the whole story is, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, I hope that this is just a friendship because Jack and Emily are one couple that should stay.
Join us next time when we talk about Jake Pauls song 'It's Everyday Bro' and how it managed to get to number two on the ITunes Charts,"

Emily threw her phone onto the bed. She had to fix this.