{70}

"No peaking," Emily scolded Jack as he attempted to look through the gap between her fingers.

"I wasn't peaking!"

Today was Jack's eighteenth birthday and all Emily wanted to do was make it special, except Jack didn't want that at all.

"Okay, and look," Emily removed her hands from around Jack to reveal the small set up on the kitchen counter.

All there was, was a few simple balloons, presents and a cupcake.

"The cupcake is from your mom by the way," Corbyn pointed out.

Jack turned to Emily with a huge smile. "Thank you,"

"Wasn't too hard. Also, I have this for you," Emily pulled out a big box from behind the counter.

Jack gave Emily a small look that said, 'What is this?' Emily just shrugged and watched as he carefully unwrapped the object and pulled out a brand new skateboard.

Three weeks ago after Jack had fallen, his skateboard broke, and ever since he's been pretty down about it because it was one his dad gave to him.

"No way, this is so much better than my last one," Jack laughed happily, examine the object in his hands.

Emily just shrugged. She had gotten the boys to help her pick out a board, so she had no idea how good or not good it was.

"Well, you wouldn't have that- Ow!" Corbyn started to say but Jonah elbowed him sharply in the ribs.

***

"Jack, can I talk to you for a sec," Emily asked, tugging on the sleeve of Jack's hoodie.

Jack nodded and followed Emily outside.

The day had been going amazing. Jack ate his cupcake, he tried out his new skateboard and opened a lot more presents, except there was something bothering Emily that she wanted to sort out before she left for Hawaii.

"What's up?"

"So, um.... about last night. What was going on with you and Aspen?" Emily whispered, looking down at her shoes.

"What?" Jack asked, one eyebrow raised. He had zero idea what Emily was on about. He thought she was fine with Aspen.

"I don't know. I guess you and Aspen were really close last night, and you completely ignored me," now that she said it out loud, Emily felt a small bit silly. Maybe she was just over reacting.

"You thought I was flirting with Aspen?" Jack asked, laughing a small bit. He thought Emily looked so cute when she was jealous, the way she furrowed her eyebrows a small bit and her cheeks went a small bit red.

"Well you were weren't you?"

Jack started laughing and pulled Emily into a hug. "Look, we're just friends. We haven't seen eachother in awhile so we were just catching up, I promise," Jack muttered, as he rested his head on top of Emily's.

"Yeah, because dresses and converse don't go together is such an interesting topic of conversation," Emily rolled her eyes and buried her head into Jack's chest.

***

"Don't you dare Avery, or else," Emily threatened, holding the wooden spoon out infront of her.

About forty-five minutes ago, Jack came up with the amazing idea of baking. Of course the boys had no ingredients, so Jonah and Zach went to the shop to get what they need.

So here Emily and Jack stood, Jack with a bowl of flour and Emily's only weapon of defence being a spoon.

"Or else what?" Jack laughed, moving forward another little bit, the bowl inches away from tipping all over Emily.

Jonah and Zach walked in then, taking Emily's attention away from the bowl of flour and Jack took this as an opportunity, not before Corbyn came in too. Jack jumped a small bit sending the bowl in the opposite direction of Emily and onto Corbyn.

"Wow, thanks guys,"

***

"Jack, it's literally four days," Emily sighed, rubbing her thumb along Jack's cheek.

"I know, I guess I'm just gonna miss you,"

"Stop being cringy and just say goodbye already," Daniel called.

Emily and Jack seemed to roll their eyes at the same time. She gave him on last kiss before disappearing through the terminal gates, turning around to steal one more glance at Jack.