{21}

So here Emily was, standing outside this beautiful house with the view that never got old. But Emily's mind was on something else.

She made her way up to the door and knocked twice. Then, anger started to bubble inside her.

Why didn't they text her? They could have at least made the effort.

Then the door opened, and standing there was Corbyn.

"Emily. What are you doing-"

"Where's Jack?" Emily cut Corbyn off, rather impatiently.

"In his room," Corbyn said, standing out of the way to let Emily in.

And Emily did go in and ran up the stairs as quick as she could. She looked in every room, then finally she found Jack's.

He was laying on his bed, texting someone on his phone.

"Emily!" He smiled, but then winced.

That's when Emily saw his eye was a little bruised and he had a split lip. "Logan did this, didn't he?"

"Yeah,"

"I'm gonna kill him," Emily turned to leave, but Jack grabbed her hand.

"Wait. Can't we spend a little time together. I'm afraid we might never get to do that again," the look in Jack's eyes made Emily believe he actually thought they might never be able to see eachother again.

"Okay," Jack sat down on the bed and Emily laid down next to him, putting her head on his chest.