{49}

Emily's eyes flew open as her heart started pounding. Her eyes frantically searched around the dark room, looking for any source of light. Jack's arm was wrapped around Emily's waist, making her panic another bit. As easily as she could, she peeled his arm off her.

Emily grabbed one of Jack's hoodies which had been carelessly draped over the back of a chair. She hadn't even checked to see if Daniel was asleep, all she wanted, all she needed, was a bit of air and a drink.

As she silently tip toed down the stairs, Emily's ears were filled with laughter. She peeked around the corner of the sitting room and saw Jonah, Daniel, Zach, Corbyn, Raya and Alayna.

Emily looked up at the clock to see it was '11:37' at night. She grabbed a glass of water and went into the room.

Everyone looked up and smiled at her arrival, but soon their faces dropped upon seeing Emily's puffy eyes and pale face.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked, straightening himself up on the couch. His arm had been wrapped around Raya's shoulder.

"I-I'm fine," Emily shrugged sitting down next to Corbyn. He moved a small bit, allowing Emily to lay her head on his shoulder. "Just nightmares,"

"Your still having nightmares about the crash?" Raya asked, a small frown tugging at the edge of her mouth.

"Yeah. But I'm fine, I think I might just get an Uber home," Emily shrugged, going to stand up but Corbyn grabbed her arm.

"Nope, your staying here tonight, Jack will drop you home tomorrow,"

Emily was gonna protest but she just didn't have the energy, so she sat back down next to Corbyn slowly drifting back to sleep.

****

Emily unlocked the apartment door the next morning. She closed it gently, hoping not to wake Logan, knowing he would probably still be asleep.

When she turned the corner into the kitchen, there was Bailey, her beautiful blonde hair pushed over one shoulder.

"Good morning," Bailey smiled, revealing her perfect straight teeth.

"Good morning. I've missed you. Where have you been?" Emily sighed, wrapping her arms around Bailey.

"Just some family stuff, but guess what,"

"What?"

"I'm moving in," the twenty one year old woman squealed.

Emily thought about how Bailey and Logan were just perfect for each other. Both were like little five year olds despite their ages.

"Yay!" Emily hugged Bailey even tighter, finally glad to have another female in the house.

Bailey gave Emily a squeeze before going to pick up a box and brought it into Logan's room.

Emily's phone started to ring. She pulled it out to see Jake's caller ID.

"Wassup bro," Emily yelled down the phone.

"I made a diss track against Logan," Jake whispered, fearing Logan might somehow hear through the phone.

"What!" Emily whisper-yelled.

"And I've released it,"

Emily's eyes widened. She went over to Logan's laptop which was on as always. She clicked onto YouTube and saw that Jake had in fact uploaded it.

'The Logang Sucks'.

Emily sighed and rubbed at her temples.

"Just watch. Oh and don't hate me by the end," Jake whispered the last part and then hung up.

Emily put down the phone and quickly clicked on the video. She ended up skipping through most of the video, too eager to hear what sort of damage Jake has caused.

By the end, Emily was shaking with anger. Why did Jake have to go and say that about the Why Don't We boys, but then again they probably did say some bad stuff, Emily still had to watch the video.

"Hey lil' sis. What-" Logan stopped as he saw what was on his laptop. He cursed before yelling, "AYLA!"

Ayla stood up from her chair at the table. Emily hadn't even noticed her sitting there.

"What now?"

"Jake is being mean," Logan pouted and started fake crying like a baby.

"And?"

"We should watch it. Like now,"

Emily closed her eyes. Should she just tell Logan about what was in it instead of making him watch it.
But she was too late. Logan had already clicked play.

Emily stood back and watched the array of different emotions that crossed Logan's face, and he threw in a few digs at Jake every once in a while.

Finally the video ended and Logan simply closed the laptop and looked at Emily. "I think it's time to visit some people,"