{12}

As the night went on, the storm didn't get any better. There was still the often clap of thunder or flash of lightning that would light Emily's room up, making her jump then she would bury her head in Jack's chest. He of course didn't mind.

Luckily Jack agreed to watching comedies and cheesy romances. So here the two were, laughing so hard they were in tears.

Emily had gradually gotten closer and closer to Jack as the night progressed. They were two comedies in and Emily was happy Jack was here.

Emily had gotten a few texts from Jake asking if she was okay, because he knew how much she hated storms. She simply replied with 'I'm Okay'.

Emily turned her head to look up at Jack. She liked his laugh and the way his whole face seemed to light up when he smiled.

Jack could feel Emily staring at him, so he looked down, and there she was, looking up at him with a small smile.

Emily didn't know what to do, she had just been caught staring, so she did the only thing that came to her mind, she kissed Jack Avery.

It seemed to pass like a blurr, and before Emily knew it, she was staring into Jack's brown eyes. The two seemed to just sit in shock, both looking at eachother with the same emotionless expression.

Then they had enough, they had instantly reconnected their lips, bringing back the fire. Neither Jack or Emily had any idea what they were doing, they just followed their hearts. Soon Emily was straddling Jack's lap, and his back was pressed firmly against the head board.

Jack's hands made their way under Emily's shirt and held onto her waist. Emily's hands were in Jack's hair, slightly tugging it making small moans escape Jack's mouth.

Neither wanted to break apart, but both knew they had to breath sometime. Jack was first to pull back. They were both breathing heavily. Jack's hands stayed on Emily's waist, while Emily's came down over his shoulders and held onto his collar. Emily laid her forehead against Jack's as they both started to get their breath back.

Then the front door opened. It was like a small explosion inside Emily's mind. She stayed frozen where she was, looking at Jack who's eyes had widened a small bit. There was a bit of giggling from who Emily assumed was Bailey and then Logan spoke.

"One second, I want to check on Emily," that's when Emily jumped into action. She got off Jack's lap and without thinking she pushed him off the bed. There was a loud thump followed by a soft groan. Emily didn't have time to answer 'cause her bedroom door opened.

"Hey Logan. How was the date?" Emily asked, pausing the movie.

"Good, Bailey's gonna stay the night," Logan sounded drunk. He winked before closing the door.

Emily sighed, thankful Logan was drunk enough to not notice the pair of male shoes at the foot of Emily's bed.

"What was that for?" Jack asked, getting up off the ground and rubbing his back.

"Sorry, I didn't know what else to do," Emily laughed a little but still felt bad. "It's late, maybe you should stay here,"

Emily hadn't expected Jack to agree, but he nodded his head and proceeded to take off his hoodie and shirt.

Of course Emily had seen Jack shirtless, but now it felt different considering what had taken place less than five minutes ago.

Jack got under the covers and closed his eyes. Emily smiled and grabbed some pyjamas and went into the bathroom to change.

When she came back out, Jack was quietly snoring. Emily smiled and laid down next to him. Jack must have noticed Emily's arrival cause within seconds, he had wrapped his arms around Emily's waist and pulled her close to his chest.