{63}

Jack gave Emily one last goodbye kiss. They were standing in the middle of LAX, looking at one another, their intwined hands in between them.

"It's just four days. We can do it," Emily laughed, wrapping her arms around Jack's neck.

She hated seeing Jack upset, knowing that they would see each other in about twenty-four hours.

"I know but I wish you could come,"

"Bye!" Corbyn called from the line at the baggage check.

"Say hi to Christina for me," Emily yelled back.

Corbyn gave a thumbs up before going through the machine that would scan him for anything metal. A loud beep fills the air and Jack and Emily look at one another before laughing.

"Probably forgot to take his phone out of his pocket," Emily laughed.

Jack's smile soon faded, and was replaced with a small frown. Emily pressed her forehead against Jack's and looked into his brown eyes.

"I love you, and I will see you soon," Emily gave Jack one last kiss, that lasted longer than the others.

After reluctantly pulling away, Jack picked up his suitcase and started to head for the baggage check. He turned around towards Emily and gave her one last reassuring smile and wave before disappearing into the crowd.

Emily sighed, before turning in the opposite direction and running for the exit. She had to go home and pack.