{69}

| 3 Weeks Later |

"Okay Logang, we are heading over to the Why Don't We boys house 'cause we're making a new song, YA YEET,"

"And then you're going to Hawaii, blah blah blah," Emily said, waving her hand back and forth.

"We're going to go in now. Time to get the guns out," he handed his camera over to Brendan, and both Logan and Emily put their hands together like guns, and charged into the house.

The boys seemed to be well used to this by now because they were all waiting inside the door, hands ready like guns. Corbyn jokingly shot Emily, she threw a dramatic hand across her forehead before collapsing to the ground.

The boys then proceeded to attack Logan, who fell to the ground. A few seconds later he jumped up and did that bro hug- handshake thingy. Jack came over to pick up Emily who couldn't get up herself because she was laughing so hard.

Emily left the boys to go into the kitchen to get some food. When she got in there was a girl sitting at the island, her long brown hair obscuring her face. All Emily could tell was that she was talking to August, but by the way she would run her hand over his bicep, it looked like she was flirting with him.

Emily just rolled her eyes and walked over to the fridge. She got a better look at the girls face and felt herself stumble back a few steps. The girl was beautiful, and Emily recognised her instantly. Aspen, the daughter of the boys manager.

"Oh, you must be Emily," Aspen jumped up from her seat, a bit too enthusiastically, and walked over to Emily.

Emily got a better look at what Aspen was wearing- shorts and a tight top. Emily examined her own outfit- jeans and a hoodie- nothing compared to what she was wearing.

"Y-yeah,"

"Jack's told me so much about you," Aspen embraced Emily in a tight hug, and she found herself reluctantly wrapping her arms around the girl.

Emily looked over Aspen's shoulder at August who was trying to hold back laughter. 'Help me' Emily mouthed at him.

All August did was raise his arms in surrender and took his seat at the island.

"Oh, so you two have met,"

Aspen broke away from Emily and turned around. It was as if a switch went off in Aspen's head and suddenly 'flirt mode' was on.

"Okay guys, I'm heading into the booth, wish me luck," Logan called as he ran past the group.

***

"- and then I was like, 'You can't wear converse and a dress'," Aspen explained, adding a laugh at the end as if it was the funniest thing ever.

Jack seemed to laugh too, and Emily found herself tightening her grip on his hand.

Logan had been in the booth a total of ten minutes and already Aspen was flirting with Jack. Within two minutes of her flirting Emily had took hold of Jack's hand, and he didn't even register it, except for the fact he placed their joined hands on his leg.

Emily felt eyes on the side of her head and she turned to see Jonah and Daniel with worried expressions, probably thinking the exact same thing as she was.

"I'll be back in a minute," Emily whispered in Jack's ear and she decided to chance a small kiss below his ear. He didn't even blink.

Emily rolled her eyes and joined Jonah and Daniel at the kitchen island.

"You okay?" Jonah asked, nudging Emily a small bit with his shoulder.

She shook her head, "Is she always like that?"

"Pretty much," Daniel muttered.

Emily's stomach tightened as her eyes landed back on the pair. Aspen had replaced Emily's hand with her own and she was running her hand through Jack's hair. Emily was about to go over and hit a bitch, but Jonah caught her arm.

"Don't even think about it,"

"And I return from the booth. Boys your presence is requested,"

Jonah and Daniel gave Emily one last look before heading in to record their part. Aspen seemed to shoot daggers at Emily using her eyes.

It was Brendan who decided to break the ice, "Who the fuck spilled orange juice on this seat,"

Emily and Logan looked at one another before laughing. Aspen simply huffed, stood up from her seat and came to sit next to Emily.

"You know, if I was allowed to date any of the boys I'd date Jack,"

Emily's jaw clenched and her hands tightened into fists on her lap, "that's nice. Too bad he has a girlfriend,"

Aspen rolled her eyes, "what I'm saying is, if my dad gave me permission, Jack would probably break up with you. After all, you're just a distraction for Jack, so he can keep his mind off of me,"

Emily took ten deep breaths and turned to look at Aspen, "oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was suddenly 'I give a fuck hour.' Why don't you go off and tell someone else about your failed love life,"

There was a deafening silence in the room as everyone took in what Emily said. Emily herself seemed most shocked about what she said, but didn't show it.

"Whatever," Aspen muttered, grabbing her phone from the table and walking out of the house into the backyard.

***

"You know, there should be a sign on my dick saying 'choking hazard'," Logan randomly said.

The last two hours had been pretty tense, especially with Aspen sulking in the corner of the room. No one had really said anything or made a joke- until now.

Without thinking, Emily blurted out, "isn't that what they put on small things,"

In about two point five seconds, after everyone had registered what Emily said, everyone started laughing- minus Logan.

"Ha ha, not funny,"

"It was very funny actually," Corbyn pointed out, somewhat out of breath.

"I'm gonna take this as my time to leave. Remember Emily, your flight is at four fifty am,"

"Kk big bro, bye,"