The Beginning Of Something Special

Movie: Captain America: The First Avenger

{Y/N} stands outside the enrolment facility in New York leaning against the brick wall, she fiddles with the hem of her sleeve, that's when someone walks out.

"Hey, how'd it go?" {Y/N} asks as the two walk side by side and onto the way to the movie theatre.

"They said I couldn't due to my asthma and health issues" he whispers, {Y/N} looks at him and smiles sadly.

"Steve... I know how much this means to you, I wish I could help" {Y/N} says "I don't like seeing you upset you know" Steve looks up at her slightly and smiles, she laughs and wraps her arm around his. A while later they're both siting in the theatre "Steve" {Y/N} whispers.

"Yeah?"

"I gotta get up to go to the loo... you mind moving your legs please?" he nods and she quickly gets up leaving Steve. A few minutes later as she's leaving the loo, she notices a man dragging someone out the doors of the theatre, she quickly but quietly follows them when suddenly she bumps into someone "Oh, I'm so sorry" she apologises.

"That's ok, Short stack" {Y/N} looks up to see her brother, James, he gives her a lopsided grin "what are you doing out here anyway?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Um, well..." that's when a crash comes from the alleyway close by, {Y/N} quickly runs over to see Steve and someone in front of him.

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size, why don't you" {Y/N} shouts, the guy turns around looking at her.

"This doesn't concern you girly" the man snarls, she puts her hands on her hips.

"You wanna bet, that it doesn't concern me? I'm pretty sure you're hurting my friend" the man starts towards her but James who had just arrived quickly moves in front of her.

"If you want to get to her you got to go through me" James snarls looking at the man, the man goes to attack again but James -quicker to react- punches him in the face knocking him out cold. {Y/N} walks out from behind James and over to Steve who had fallen to the ground "sometimes, I think you like getting punched" James says helping Steve up off of the ground.

"I had him on the ropes" Steve mumbles, James nods and looks down at his sister.

"And you, how many time do I have to tell you..."

"Don't do things in which I could get hurt..." she mutters looking down at her feet, James carefully pulls his sister towards him and wraps his arms around her as if she were fragile... and she was, at least to him anyway.

"I don't want to lose you, alright?"

"You won't, James" he smiles and kisses the top of her head, that's when he notices Steve's enlistment form on the ground he pulls away from the hug and bends down to pick up the piece of paper.

"How many times is this?" James asks looking at the paper, Steve doesn't say anything "Oh, you're from Paramus now? You know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?"

"Did you get your orders?" Steve asks changing the subject, James nods.

"The one-o-seventh. Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow" the group is silent for a moment until Steve speaks up.

"I should be going," he says starting to walk away.

"Come on, man! It's my last night. Gotta get you cleaned up" James says as him and {Y/N} walk towards Steve.

"Why? Where are we going?" Steve asks, {Y/N} smiles and links her arm with James.

"The future," she says moving her other arm about, James hands Steve the newspaper he had been holding, Steve opens it and looks over it.

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know, there are three and a half million women here" James says, {Y/N}'s face scrunches.

"James..."

"What? I'm just saying" he says puffing out his cheeks, Steve shakes his head and looks at {Y/N} a small blush forming on his cheeks, she looks at him and smiles.

"Well, I'd settle for just one," James notices Steve looking at {Y/N} and smiles slightly.

"Good thing I took care of that" James says "well, anyway we gotta go, see you tonight Steve. Remember, something nice" James winks as {Y/N} and himself walk away.

"See you later, Steve!" {Y/N} shouts waving, Steve stands there thinking who this girl was that James had set him up with.

*At the World Exposition*

"What did you tell her about me?" Steve asks as he and James stand out front of the exposition, James smiles as he sees Steve's date.

"Why would I tell her what she already knows?" Steve raises an eyebrow and sees {Y/N} walking towards them.

"Wow" Steve breathes out, James chuckles patting Steve on the shoulder, he then bends down to whisper to Steve.

"Now, I expect you to look after her," James says seriously.

"Uh, I-I- Of course," Steve says straightening up and coughing slightly, {Y/N} stands in front of them and she looks up at James.

"Where's your date?" she asks, her eyes squinting slightly, James looks over his shoulder to see his date bouncing towards them, she arrives and takes James by the arm.

"It's starting!" James chuckles as he gets dragged away by his date.

"Sorry, I didn't tell you earlier" {Y/N} says, noticing Steve's slight discomfort she takes his hand in her warm one "don't be nervous" she whispers "Just relax" he does and he grips her hand tightly, she smiles and they both walk into the expo.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Howard Stark!" the audience erupts into cheers as Howard enters the stage and kisses the announcer.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all!" Howard says eagerly pointing towards the car that sat in the middle of the stage, the helpers take the wheels off of the car "Yes. Thanks, Mandy" he nods towards Mandy and nods before turning back to the audience "With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that" he walks over to the switch for his machine and turns it on, the car starts to hover off of the ground "Holy cow!" the robots that were helping the car hover suddenly malfunction and the car falls back on the stage "I did say a few years, didn't I?" this makes everyone laugh, Steve lets go of {Y/N}'s hand and walks off, she turns around and quickly follows him.

---
~Bread 🍞