A Funeral, A Bomb... And Bucky?!

Movie: Captain America: Civil War

LONDON

"Hey, you alright?" Sam asks from beside {Y/N}, she nods watching as Steve carries Peggy's coffin to the front. A few minutes later Steve sits down beside {Y/N} who places her hand on top of his.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words" Sam looks up and nudges {Y/N} who goes wide-eyed seeing Agent 13 standing there.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD, but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy" Steve looks up then to {Y/N} "she had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK, as a kid that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related" Sharon looks to {Y/N} and Steve, "I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. She said compromise where you can. But where you can't don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move it, it's your duty to plant yourself like a tree look them in the eye and say "No, you move."

*Time Skip*

{Y/N} stands beside Steve when Natasha walks up to them.

"Who else signed?" Steve asks.

"Tony, Rhodes, Vision" Nat replies.

"Clint?"

"Says he's retired."

"Wanda?"

"TBD" Steve looks down a small sigh leaving his lips "I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet. Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

"What are we giving up to do it?" {Y/N} asks, Nat looks away "I'm sorry, Nat. We can't sign it."

"I know."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I didn't want you two to be alone."

*Time skip*

"My mum tried to talk me out of enlisting... but, um, not Aunt Peggy. She brought me my first thigh holster" Sharon says walking beside {Y/N}.

"Very practical" {Y/N} replies with a smile.

"And stylish" Sharon laughs as they walk over to the elevator.

"CIA has you stationed over here now?"

"Berlin. Joint Terrorism Task Force."

"Right. Right. Sounds fun."

"I know right" that's when Steve walks over joining them.

"I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on us from across the hall..." Steve starts but is cut off by Sharon.

"You mean when I was doing my job?" Steve nods.

"Did Peggy know?"

"She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one form you both" that's when the elevator dings "thanks for walking me back, {Y/N}."

"No problem."

"{Y/N}, Steve" they turn to see Sam "there's something you gotta see."

*Time skip*

"A bomb hidden in a news van..."

"Who's coordinating?" Sharon paces the room while on the phone.