More Than A Dance

Update - 29th of March :

( cause of too many people hating the dress - which I totally understand I even hated it  ( but just understand that the chapters for The First Avenger are old and I wrote them when I was twelve ) I've gotten rid of it so just picture whatever dress/outfit you want XD )

Movie: Captain America: The First Avenger

{Y/N} sits next to James as he sips on some acholic beverage.

"Hey, sis?" she looks up from her hands and looks towards James.

"Yeah, Buck?" he finishes his drink before turning towards her and taking her hands in his.

"I wanted to give you something before I left, but I never really got the chance, I know I could've left it somewhere but I wanted to give it to in person" he takes a small box from his jacket pocket and hands it to her, she gives him a small smile and opens it, she pulls the locket out of the box and holds it in her hands "open it!" James says bouncing up and down in his seat like a five-year-old, and she does inside is pictures of their parents, {Y/N} and James, then the last was of James, {Y/N} and Steve, she covers her mouth and hugs, James.

"Thank you" she whispers, he chuckles and wraps his arms around her.

"I love you, sis, always and forever" that's when Steve walks over sitting down beside them, {Y/N} pulls away and wipes away a few stray tears.

"You ok?" Steve asks wrapping his arm around her torso, she nods and rests her head on his shoulder, he leans down and places a kiss on her forehead, before turning to the bartender.

"Can I have another round please?" the bartender, nods, and chuckles.

"Where are, they putting all this stuff?" Steve shrugs and the bartender gets to work on making more drinks.

"See? I told you, Short stack. They're all idiots" James says, {Y/N} rolls her eyes as Steve lets out a deep chuckle.

"How about you?" Steve looks over at James "you ready to follow Captain America and Miss America into the jaws of death?" {Y/N} sighs and shakes her head.

"I still can't believe you're calling me that," she says.

"You said you could get used to though" Steve replies, she again shakes her head taking a sip of her drink that sat in front of her "so... are you?"

"Hell, no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him. But you're keeping the outfit, right?"

"You know what? It's kind of growing on me" all three chuckle, that's when the singing in the bar stops and the three turn to see Agent Carter in a tight-fitting, deep-red dress.

"Agent Carter" {Y/N} says standing followed by James and Steve.

"Ma'am" James adds with a nod of his head.

"Agent Carter" Steve also adds.

"Howard has some equipment for the two of you to try. Tomorrow morning?"

"Sounds good" {Y/N} replies.

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty."

"You don't like music?" James asks, {Y/N} sighs pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I do, actually. I might even, when this is all over, go dancing" James smiles.

"Then what are we waiting for?"

"The right partner. 0800."

"Yes, ma'am. We'll be there" she turns to leave but quickly turns back.

"Rogers, dance with her for me, will you?" she asks with a smile.

"I-I- of course" with that Agent Cater leaves, the bar then goes back to whatever they were doing before.

"I'm invisible. I'm...I'm turning into you. It's like some horrible dream" James says staring off into space, Steve holds out his arm for {Y/N} which she gladly accepts and he places his free hand on James's shoulder.

"Don't take it so hard. Maybe she's got a friend" Steve suggests leaving James to stare off into space whilst Steve goes to dance with {Y/N}.

*Next Morning*

"Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend," Howard says, patting Steve on the shoulder, {Y/N} giggles quietly.

"Really? I didn't think..."

"Nor should you, pal. The moment you think you know what's goin' on in a woman's head, it's the moment your goose is well and truly cooked. Me, I concentrate on work. Which at the moment is about making sure you two and your men do not get killed. Carbon polymer" Howard says pointing to a piece of cloth lying on the table in front of them "Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although HYDRA's not going to attack you with a pocket knife" he then points to their shields "I hear you're both uh...kinda attached?"

"It's handier than you might think" they walk over to a table.

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options" Howard shows them a few shields "This one's fun. She's been fitted with electrical relays. It'll allow you to..." {Y/N} looks down to see two round silver looking shields.

"What about these ones" she picks them up and hands one to Steve.

"No! No! Those are just some prototypes."

"What are they made of?" {Y/N} asks, twirling around the shield effortlessly.

"Vibranium. It's stronger than steel and a third of the weight. It's completely vibration absorbent."

"How come it's not a standard issue?" Steve asks.

"That's the rarest metal on earth. What you're both holding there? That's all we've got" while Steve and {Y/N} are checking out the shields Agent Carter walks in.

"You quite finished, Mr Stark? I'm sure they both have some unfinished business to attend too" she says gesturing towards the two super soldiers, Steve holds the shield against him.

"What do you think?" he asks, Agent Carter picks up a gun and shoots it as Steve who quickly holds the shield up to protect himself.

"Yes. I think it works" she puts the gun down with a smile and walks out leaving Howard, Steve and {Y/N} looking stunned, Steve quickly shakes his head and pulls a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket.

"I had some ideas about the uniforms" he hands Howard the paper, Howard takes it.

"Whatever you want, pal.

*Time skip*

{Y/N} fixes her uniform which was identical to Steve's but a bit smaller and fitted for a female, she then looks up at Steve taking his hand in her's snow falls around them and a few pieces get stuck in her hair, as her Steve and James wait to zipline onto a train.

"Remember when I made you two ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" James says from beside her, she sucks in a breath, remembering that day as if it was yesterday.

"Yeah, and I threw up?" Steve says.

"And I made sure that I never went anywhere with you after that?" {Y/N} says, James frowns.

"Mhm, this isn't payback, is it?"

"Now why would we do that?" that's when Gabe Jones walks up to them.

"We were right. Dr Zola's on the train. HYDRA dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

---

~Bread 🍞