Why?

Movie: Captain America: Civil War

Tony carefully pushes {Y/N} through the opened door, she hears the sound of a gun clicking and she instantly turns around to see Steve and Bucky looking at her.

"Really, James?" she asks, Bucky lowers his gun while Steve lowers his shield.

"How'd you get here?" Steve asks just as Tony walks up from behind {Y/N}.

"I'm sorry Steve. I only agreed to tell him if he brought me with him" Steve smiles and nods before looking at Tony, Bucky brings his gun back up.

"At ease, soldier. I'm not currently after you" Tony says.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asks.

"Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe. Ross has no idea we're here, and I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself" {Y/N} moves towards Steve and takes his hand in hers.

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork" Steve replies, he looks down noticing the ring, he smiles and places a kiss on her forehead "well it's good to see you, Tony."

"You too, Cap" Tony looks up at Bucky "hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here. You can drop..." {Y/N} nods at Bucky and he lowers his gun before walking over to them.

*Time skip*

"I got heat signatures," Tony says leading the group.

"How many?" Steve asks.

"Uh... one" Tony replies, they all walk into a room when suddenly some lights flicker on revealing a few tube cells.

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep," Zemo says, {Y/N} walks past a tube which held one of many Winter Soldiers, Bucky walks behind her gun raised "did you really think I wanted more of you?" {Y/N} looks closer at the soldier to see a bullet hole.

"What the hell?" Bucky whispers while looking around.

"I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here. Both of you" that's when another light flicks on to reveal Zemo behind a window. Tony brings his hand up, while Steve throws his shield which bounces off the window "please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets" {Y/N} and Bucky walk over to Steve and Tony.

"I'm betting I could beat that" Tony replies as Zemo laughs.

"Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark, given time. But then you'd never know why you came."

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve asks as they all walk forward.

"I've thought about nothing else for over a year, I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're all standing here, I just realised..." he turns to look at Steve for a moment "there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes" Steve tilts his head and Zemo starts chuckling "how nice to find a flaw."

"You're Sokovian? Is that what this is about?" Steve asks.

"Sokovia was failed state long before you blew it to hell. No..." Zemo shakes his head "I'm here because I made a promise."

"You lost someone?" {Y/N} asks, Zemo looks back at her.

"I lost everyone. And so, will you" Steve looks at him and Zemo turns around fiddling with something, suddenly the computer screen that was behind Steve turns on "an empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever" Tony and Steve walk over to it while {Y/N} slowly walks over standing beside Tony.

"I know that road," Tony says "what is this!?" Tony shouts, Zemo smiles and doesn't say anything, {Y/N} gasps softly and takes a small step back her hand covering her mouth.