Welcome Home

Movie: Avengers: Endgame

*Twenty-three days later*

Nat sits beside {Y/N} who was currently lying in a bed unconscious.

"Come on, we need you" Nat says, placing her hand on the large bruise on {Y/N}'s face, Bruce stands off to the side his arms crossed as he watches the two, he bites his lip thinking back to only weeks ago, they all thought she'd be up by now, but here she was Nat and Steve taking turns to watch over her. Nat's words were true, they really did need the female super soldier. Suddenly the compound starts shaking. Steve, Nat, Bruce and Rhodey all quickly run outside to see Carol Danvers bringing down a spacecraft, the landing gears deploy as they touch the ground, the entry hatch opens and Tony and Nebula walk out, Tony being supported by Nebula. Steve runs over and helps Tony stand, in response, Tony grasps Steve's arm.

"I couldn't stop him," Tony says shaking his head.

"Neither could I" Steve replies.

"I lost the kid."

"Tony, we lost" Tony looks around.

"Is um..." Tony struggles to get his words out.

"Oh my god!" Tony looks over Steve's shoulder to see Pepper, the two hug.

"It's ok," Tony says holding Pepper close to him "what about {Y/N}? Is she ok?" Steve and Nat look at each other.

*Time skip*

"It's been twenty-three days since Thanos came to Earth," Rhodes says as everyone stands around in the living room.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was going to do. Thanos wiped out fifty per cent, of all living creatures," Nat says.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asks.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through it" Steve replies.

"What's wrong with him?" Tony asks pointing towards Thor who was sitting on a bench alone.

"Yeah, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but there's a lot of that goin' around, ain't there?" Rocket asks.

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear," Tony says.

"Maybe I am" Rocket replies.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep space scans, satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him," Steve says.

"Who told you that?" Tony asks clearly surprised that everyone knew of the fight between Tony and Thanos "I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the stone. That's what happened. There was no fight."

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates?" Steve asks.

"Pfft! I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus."

"And I needed you. As in past tense. That trumps what you need" Tony says he looks to {Y/N} for a moment a small frown on his face before turning back to Steve "it's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?" Tony stands, pushing things off the table with a clatter, everyone winces at the noise "I need to shave, check on {Y/N}. And I believe I remember telling you, Cap" Tony goes for Steve but Rhodey is quick to interject standing in between them.

"Tony, Tony, Tony, stop!" Rhodey says.

"Otherwise what we needed was a suit of armour around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedom or not- that's what we needed!"