SHEILD Compromised

Movie: The Winter Soldier 

As {Y/N} walks up the stairs to Steve and her's shared apartment, she spots Steve and their neighbour, Kate talking to each other.

"Ah, well, I'll keep my distance" Steve chuckles, {Y/N} walks up to them.

"Well, hopefully not too far," Kate says, "hi, {Y/N}."

"Hello" {Y/N} replies moving around Steve to get to the door.

"Oh, and I think you guys left your stereo on"

"Right, thank you."

"Well, I'll see you guys later then" with that Kate walks off, Steve turns around to see that {Y/N} had already got the door open, once inside Steve cautiously picks up his shield and they both walk further into the apartment, that's when {Y/N} notices Fury sitting on the couch in the dark.

"I don't remember giving you a key," Steve says putting his shield down.

"You really think I need one? My wife kicked me out.?

"Didn't know you were married."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

"I know Nick, that's the problem" Steve turns on the light and he and {Y/N} notice Fury's injuries, Fury indicates for both of them to be quiet and turns off the light again before typing something into his phone, he shows them what he was typing.

'Ears everywhere.'

"I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no other place to crash," Fury says as he starts typing something else.

'SHEILD compromised.'

"Who else knows about your wife?" {Y/N} asks.

'Just us three.'

"Just... my friends."

"Is that what we are?" Steve asks.

"That's up to you" suddenly Fury is shot three times and collapses to the floor, {Y/N} runs to the window, her shield in hand while Steve drags Fury to the other room.

"Captain Rogers, Captain Barnes. I'm Agent 13 of SHEILD's Special Service" Kate says running in.

"Kate?" Steve asks.

"I'm assigned to protect you two."

"On whose orders?"

"His" Agent 13 nods towards Fury, she kneels down and contacts SHEILD through her radio "foxtrot is down, he's unresponsive. I need EMT's."

"Do you have twenty on the shooter?" {Y/N} spots a dark figure and moves backwards.

"Tell them I'm in pursuit" before Steve could say anything, {Y/N} smashes through the window and chases after the figure. They run through an office building and smash through walls before finally, she catches up to the person on the roof, she throws her shield and the person catches it and throws it back {Y/N} grabs it and stumbles back a bit. The two look at each other for a brief moment before the person jumps off the building and disappearing into the night.

*Time skip*

Steve and {Y/N} stand in front of a window, inside was Fury who was getting operated on by various doctors.

"Is he gonna make it?" Natasha asks walking up to them.

"We don't know" Steve mutters, that's when the doctors stop rushing about and stand still.

Time of death, 1:03 am

Natasha quickly runs into the room, {Y/N} and Steve follow, {Y/N} shakes her head and looks down.