Quantum Physics

Movie: Avengers: Endgame

*Five Years Later*

"How are you feeling?" Nat asks as {Y/N} walks into the room, her hand on her side.

"Well considering I got a beat down by a purple giant five years ago. I guess I'm ok" {Y/N} laughs weakly sitting down beside Nat who now had her red hair back with one white streak.

"You know that's not what I meant" Nat whispers, {Y/N} sighs leaning back.

"I miss them. All of them" {Y/N} says quietly not looking at Natasha who grabs {Y/N}'s hand.

"We all do" suddenly something starts beeping quietly, Natasha presses a button and Nebula, Rocket, Okoye, Carol and Rhodey appear in holographic form.

"We boarded that highly suspect warship that Danvers pinged," Rocket says.

"It was an infectious garbage scowl" Nebula replies.

"So thanks for the hot tip," Rocket says looking at Carol.

"Well, you were closer" Carol replies with a smirk.

"Yeah. And we smell like garbage" Nat turns to Okoye.

"You get a read on those tremors?"

"It was a mild subduction under the African plate."

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?"

"Nat, it's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it" {Y/N} leans forward looking at Carol.

"Carol, are we seeing you here next month?"

"Not likely" Carol replies, as Nat gets up to go make a sandwich.

"What, you gonna get a new haircut?" Rocket asks.

"Listen fur-face, I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere, on thousands of planets" Rocket starts muttering to himself as Carol looks back to {Y/N} "so you might not see me for a long time."

"Alright. Uh, well. This channel is always active. So, anything goes sideways... anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't... come through either Nat or myself."

"Ok" Rocket replies.

"Alright" everyone cuts off their calls one by one.

"Good luck," Carol says looking to Rhodey before cutting off her own call.

"Where are you?" {Y/N} asks looking at Rhodey.

"Mexico. The Federals found a room filled with bodies. Looks like a bunch of cartel guys. Never even had the chance to get their guns off" Rhodey replies, that's when Nat comes back taking her place beside {Y/N}.

"It's probably a rival gang" Nat replies.

"Except it isn't," Rhodey says "it's definitely Barton. What he's done here, what he's been doing for the last few years... I mean, the scene he left..." Nat starts to tear up "I gotta tell you, there's a part of me that doesn't even want to find him" in a moment of silence, Nat tries to chew through her feelings as she eats he sandwich.

"Will you find out where he's going next?" {Y/N} asks speaking up.

"{Y/N}..."

"Please."

"Ok" with that, Rhodey cuts off his call and Nat breaks down crying into {Y/N}'s shirt as {Y/N} rubs her back.

"You know I'd offer to cook you dinner but you seem pretty miserable already" {Y/N} turns to see Steve and she smiles.

"Steve" she whispers, as Nat pulls away wiping her tears away.

"You here to do your laundry?" Nat asks.

"To see a friend" Steve replies.

"Clearly, your friend is fine."

"You know I saw a pool of whales when I was coming up the bridge."

"In the Hudson?" {Y/N} asks with a raised eyebrow.

"There's fewer ship, cleaner water."

"You know if you're about to tell us to look on the bright side. Um... I'm about to hit you in the head with a peanut butter sandwich" Nat jokes with a smile as Steve walks over sitting down opposite them.

"Sorry. Force of habit" Steve says "you know, I keep telling everyone they should move on and... grow. Some do. But not us."

"If I move on, who does this?" Nat asks gesturing around.

"Maybe it doesn't need to be done" Steve replies.

"I used to have nothing. Then I got this. This job... this family. And I was... I was better because of it. And even though... they're gone... I'm still trying to be better" Nat says.

"We all need to get a life" {Y/N} chuckles smiling.

"You first," Nat says pushing {Y/N} lightly, suddenly camera footage pops up in front of them, showing Scott Lang.

"Uh... Oh! Hi. Hi! Is anyone home? This is Scott Lang. We met a few years ago, at the airport? In Germany? I got really big, and I had my mask on. You wouldn't recognise me."

"Is this an old message?" Steve asks, {Y/N} and Nat also stand.

"It's the front gate" {Y/N} replies.

"Ant-man? Ant-man, I know you know that. I need to talk to you guys" the three share a look.

*Time skip*

Scott is pacing in front of Steve, {Y/N} and Nat, a look of worry spread across his face.

"Scott are you ok?" {Y/N} asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine" Scott replies, he struggles to ask about something until he finally blurts it out "have you ever studied Quantum Physics?"

"Only to make conversation," Nat replies.

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like it's own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... she was my..." Scott is struggling to find the words "she was supposed to pull me out. And Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years," Nat says.

"Yeah, but that's just it. For me, it was five hours" Scott replies, Nat and Steve share a look while {Y/N} seems deep in thought "see, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving" Scott strides over to the sandwich and takes a bite.

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asks.

"He's saying that time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now; we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it since Scott got here. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What id there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... like before Thanos" {Y/N} says, everyone looks towards her stunned by her sudden outburst.

"Wait, are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asks, {Y/N} nods.

"I know it's crazy. But there's gotta be some way... it's crazy."

"I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore" Nat replies.

"So who do we talk to about this?" Scott asks, {Y/N} sighs.

"I think I may know someone."

---

~Bread 🍞