The Fight For Wakanda

Movie: Avengers: Infinity War

"When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world... this is not what I imagined" Okoye says.

"And what did you imagine?" T'Challa asks.

"The Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks" Steve, {Y/N} and Nat come out of the Quinjet followed by Bruce, Rhodey, Wanda and Vision.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asks Rhodey.

"Yeah, he's king," Rhodey says seriously.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something," Steve says as he shakes hands with T'Challa, Bruce walks up and bows awkwardly.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey asks.

"Uh, we don't do that here," T'Challa says moving his hand, Bruce straightens up and looks at Rhodey who only grins before following after Steve, Nat and {Y/N}, Bruce quickly follows "so how big of an assault can we expect?"

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault," Bruce says.

"How we looking?" Nat asks.

"You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..."

"A semi-stable, 100-year-old man," Bucky says walking up to them and hugging Steve.

"How you been, Buck?" Steve asks as the two pull apart.

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world" Bucky looks to {Y/N} and smiles "come here you" he pulls her into a hug.

*Time skip*

"Whoa. The structure is polymorphic" Shuri says as she scans the stone and examines it.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially," Bruce says.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"

"Because... we didn't think of it."

"I'm sure you did your best" Shuri smiles.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asks.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures" Shuri looks to T'Challa "it'll take time, brother."

"How long?" {Y/N} asks.

"As long as you can give me."

"Something's entered the atmosphere," Okoye says.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here," Sam says over the comm's, outside one of the alien vessels slams into the defence shield disintegrating.

"God, I love this place," Bucky says.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome" Rhodey says now in his War Machine suit.

"It's too late," Vision says struggling to sit up and slide off the table "we need to destroy the stone now."

"Vision" Nat says moving towards him "get your ass back on the table."

"We'll hold them off," T'Challa says as he, Okoye and the guards head for the door.

"Wanda, as soon as the stone's out of his head... you blow it to hell" {Y/N} says.

"I will."

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defence procedures" T'Challa stops and points to Steve "and get this man a shield."

*Time Skip*

"How we looking, Bruce?" Nat asks through her comm, Bruce is running behind in the Hulkbuster suit.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it" Bruce leaps over the transportation vehicles "wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually-" suddenly he trips over.

"Oh" {Y/N} whispers making a face.

"I'm ok. I'm ok."

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey says flying behind Sam, coming to a stop everyone on the ground lines up.

"Thank you for standing with us," T'Challa says, shaking hands with M'Baku.

"Of course, brother" soon T'Challa, Nat, Steve and {Y/N} walk up to the edge of the barrier where, Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian stand, Proxima runs her sword across the barrier.

"Where's your other friend?" Nat asks.

"You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not gonna happen" {Y/N} says crossing her arms.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood" T'Challa says.

"We... have blood to spare" Proxima brandishes her sword with a snarl and the ships behind her start raising their outer hulls, the three return to the line.

"Did they surrender?" Bucky asks looking at {Y/N}.

"Not exactly" Steve replies as they watch the army of aliens bound towards the barrier.

"What the hell?" Buck asks.

"Looks like we pissed her off," Nat says, the aliens bombard the barrier, squeezing limbs and bodies partly though only to be chopped in half.

"They're killing themselves," Okoye says clearly horrified a few of the alien's manage to squeeze themselves through, the Border Tribe take a knee and raise their shields on T'Challa's command they fire along with Bucky and Bruce also shooting while Rhodes and Sam fire from the air.

"You seen the teeth on those things?" Sam asks.

"Alright, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed" Rhodey says as he drops a barrage of mines down onto the aliens.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision" Bruce says.

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us" Steve replies.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asks looking at T'Challa.

"We open the barrier. On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen."

"Requesting confirmation, my King. You said open the barrier?"

"On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda," M'Baku says to Okoye.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history" Steve readies his shield, {Y/N} does the same, T'Challa walks out in front.

"Wakanda forever!" he shouts as everyone charges the barrier "now!" the aliens pour through, T'Challa, Steve and {Y/N} charge ahead and start fighting off the aliens, {Y/N} grabs one by the legs and stabs her shield through it "how much longer, Shuri?"

"We've barely begun, brother" Shuri responds.

"You might want to pick up the pace" T'Challa responds, {Y/N} stands up and looks towards Bucky who's on the ground struggling with an alien.

"Bucky" she whispers, she runs towards him fighting off aliens along the way, once she reaches him she stabs the alien, Bucky pushes the alien off of him and looks up at his sister.

"Thanks" he slimes.

"Don't mention it" she replies running back to help Steve and T'Challa who were currently getting attacked by more aliens then they could handle, when she reaches them she soon is also tackled to the ground by a swarm of aliens.

"There's too many of them!" Bruce shouts, suddenly a large rainbow-hued light lands in the middle of the field and an axe flies out covered in lightning and tearing though a bunch of aliens freeing, Steve, {Y/N} and Bruce, it flies back to the light and into Thor's hand, {Y/N} smiles leaning on her side as she looks at Thor with astonishment.

"Hahahaha! You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce laughs.

"Bring me, Thanos!" Thor shouts as he charges towards a group of aliens, launching himself into the air he lands in the middle of the group and makes a crater.

---
~Bread 🍞