The Mission

Movie: The Avengers

{M/N} =Middle Name

{B/D} =Birthday

{A/N: This is before Clint becomes brainwashed, so that's why Clint is here for the first bit, also obviously, Thor won't be in it yet since he comes in later, so it's just Steve, Natasha, Tony, and Bruce for some time until Thor and Clint come back/in :3}

Damp, dark and the occasional drops of water was what Steve, Natasha, and Clint walked through.

"Files aye?" Clint says breaking the silence while shinning the touch that was in his hand at the various empty cells that had dried blood up the walls.

"That's what he said" Steve replies as they make it to an open room where empty cryo-freeze tubes sat, they walk in further and split up going to different sides of the room, as Natasha walks along the empty cryo-freeze tubes she notices one at the end in which the light was flickering on and off she walks down to it and looks inside seeing a {H/C} haired girl, she couldn't quite see her face as it was covered by a mask.

"Steve, Clint! I may have found something... or someone" Steve and Clint walk over standing on either side of Natasha, Steve places his hand on the handle and tugs it open, the girl inside wore all black, Steve pulls her from the tube carefully with the help of Nat and Clint, that's when he notices her right arm was metal, he places his hand on her mask and slowly pulls it off, once he does he stumbles back, Clint and Nat look at each other.

"Do, you know her?" Clint asks quietly, Steve could only nod as he looked down at the girl, the one he fell in love with, the one he thought he lost, in front of him unconscious but still alive was {Y/N} her hair was slightly longer and she was a fraction taller, Nat gets up and walks away speaking into her earpiece.

*Time skip*

Fury walks down various halls greeting every few agents as he passed them, he finally makes it to his designated location.

"Can you pass me the screwdriver?"

"No, can't you see I'm busy, plus you've got two working hands and feet get it yourself" Fury coughs and the two males turn around.

"Stark, Banner. I need you two with me now" the two look at each other and follow Fury out of the room.

"May I ask what you need us for?" Banner or better known as Bruce asks pushing up his glasses.

"I need you to look at someone for me" Fury replies, a while later they arrive at a door and Fury pushes it open.

"Who's this?" Stark or better known as Tony asks pointing to the girl on the table.

"This is {Y/N} Barnes, or if you'd like the Captain's girlfriend" Tony walks over to her and tilts his head "yes she's like him except she was found in a HYDRA base" Bruce gasps quietly and shuffles over quickly hooking her up to different cables and whatnot, Tony then walks over to the computer and his eyes go wide.

"Well, I don't think Cap will be getting any hugs from her when she wakes" Tony mumbles, Bruce walks over so he could look over Tony's shoulder.

"And why's that?" Fury asks with a raised eyebrow, Tony turns the screen around to show Fury.

"But, it is possible she could wake and remember him," Bruce says "being in cryogenic sleep for as long as she has, could probably erase all memories she had while being held by HYDRA and keep those before she became a HYDRA puppet" Bruce explains, Tony and Fury nod.

"Just keep an eye on her for me will you" they nod and Fury walks out.

*Time skip*

{Y/N} groans quietly opening her eyes, she turns to her right to see a male that strangely resembled Howard Stark asleep on the chair, she turns to her left to see another male that wore a lab coat and had glasses, the male with the glasses looks up making eye contact he quickly walks over to her and starts speaking.

"Do you know your name?" he asks.

"{Y/N} {M/N} Barnes" the man nods writing stuff down on his notepad.

"How about when and where you were born?"

"{B/D} 1922, born in Brooklyn" she tries to sit up but can't, the man in glasses realises and speaks to the other man.

"Tony!" he sits up in his chair wiping the drool off the corner of his mouth "Can you help here?" he nods and walks over.

"Sure thing, Bruce" Tony and Bruce help {Y/N} sit up when suddenly someone starts knocking on the door Tony walks over sticking his head out to see Steve standing there, Tony carefully opens the door for Steve, {Y/N} who had been looking down at her metal arm in wonder looks up to see Steve staring at her.

"Hey, Steve" she whispers smiling, he walks over to her and puts his hand on her metal one.

"I thought you died" he whispers tears pricking the sides of his eyes, she brings up her flesh hand and wipes away the stray tear that had fallen down his cheek.

"I know, so did I" Steve sniffles and pulls out the locket she had given him.

"Here" he gently places it around her neck and cups her face "I missed you so, so, so much," he says tracing a scar that was on her cheek, she leans forward wrapping her arms around his neck and places a much-needed kiss on his lips, Tony makes a face while Bruch shifts from foot to foot.

*Time skip*

"This is Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner, and Tony Stark" Steve says, {Y/N} smiles shaking each of their hands "and that's Director Nick Fury" he adds pointing to Fury who stood a few feet away talking to some agents, they all chat for a few minutes before going their own ways.

"I'd assume you don't have my uniform by any chance?" {Y/N} asks, Steve smiles at her.

"Actually, I may or may not have one made for you," he says scratching the back of his neck a small blush covering his cheeks, she laughs and hugs him resting her head on his chest.

"I missed you, Steven" he smiles lightly and wraps his arms around her, the two super soldiers stay like that for some time until he speaks up again "You wouldn't have any... clothes hanging around, would you?" he nods and pulls away before dragging her to get some clothes.

"I hope you don't mind, black and grey" she shakes her head.

---

~Bread 🍞