Guess Who's Back... Rumlow!

Movie: Captain America: Civil War

1991

"No! No!" the two soldiers squirm in their seats trying to get away from the enduring pain going through their heads.

"Longing... Rusted... Seventeen... Daybreak... Furnace... Nine... Benign... Homecoming... One... Fright Car..." the two soldiers stop suddenly, sweat forming on their foreheads as they look up at the man in front of them "good morning soldiers."

"Ready to comply," they both say watching the man carefully.

"I have a mission for you both. Sanction and extract. No witnesses" both soldiers look at each other, a small smile etching their faces.

---

The two soldiers sit silently on their bikes waiting for their target, soon enough a car drives by and the two quickly follow. The male soldier drives up beside the car and smashes the driver's window which causes the car to crash. The female soldier pulls up beside the crashed car and gets off opening the trunk to find a case inside, opening it she sees five packets of serum.

---

Arriving back at the HYDRA base, the female soldier hands the HYDRA man the silver case, he smiles and places it on the table.

"Well, done soldiers."

---
Present Day: LAGOS

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve asks from the window he was currently looking out of.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target" Wanda replies. {Y/N} looks up from her hands and looks to her right to see Steve's mask and a couple of newspapers on the bed beside her.

"There's an ATM in the south corner which means..."

"Cameras," Wanda says.

"Both cross streets or one way?" Steve asks.

"So, compromise the escape routes?"

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that ranger over halfway up the block?"

"You mean the red one?" it's cute" {Y/N} gets up moves over to the other window.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which also means more headaches for someone... probably us" Natasha says.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become a second nature" Nat replies.

"Anybody ever tell you, you're a little paranoid?" Sam asks speaking up.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

"Eyes on target, folks. It's the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him" Steve says as he walks over to the bed to pick up his mask.

"If he sees us coming there won't be a problem, he kinda hates us" Sam replies just as {Y/N} spots a garbage truck.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Take it" {Y/N} says moving away from the window.

"You ok? You don't seem like yourself" Steve says quietly looking at {Y/N} who shrugs.

"It's nothing don't worry about it" Steve goes to reply but Sam speaks up.

"The truck's loaded for max weight, and the driver's armed" {Y/N} walks over to the small table and picks up her guns placing them in their designated spots on her holster.

"It's a battering ram," Natasha says.

"Go now" {Y/N} replies.

"Why?" Wanda replies, Steve looks at {Y/N} his eyes wide.

"He's not aiming the police."

---

INSTITUTE FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASES

{Y/N} races down the street on the motorcycle she stole dodging cars and pedestrians she finally makes it to the building and sees Steve a couple of feet away from her.

"Took you long enough" Steve smirks as {Y/N} hops off.

"Oh, ha ha, very funny Rogers" she replies, looking up at the building in front of her.

"Body armour. AR15s I make seven hostiles" Steve says, just as a guy falls onto a car.

"I make five" Sam replies, that's when Wanda flies in standing on the other side of the bridge.

"Sam!" she flings a trooper towards Sam who flies down and knocks the guy out.

"Four!" Sam shouts, {Y/N} and Steve jog over to both Wanda and Sam "Rumlow's on the third floor."

"Wanda. Just like we practised" Steve says, Wanda raises an eyebrow.

"What about the gas?"

"Get it out" {Y/N} replies, Wanda sighs and {Y/N} places her hand on her shoulder "don't worry, you can do it" Wanda nods and flicks Steve into the building "good job. Now work on getting that gas outta there" just as she says that more troops find their way over to Sam, Wanda and herself "really now?" {Y/N} pulls out her guns and starts shooting the troops her and Sam stand in front of Wanda who was working on getting the gas out, noticing more troopers coming their way Sam turns around the wings of his suit spreading out, he taps away on his arms for a couple of seconds before mini rockets into the remaining troops.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon," Steve says.

"I'm on it!" Natasha shouts {Y/N} quickly runs over to Nat, when she makes it over she sees both Rumlow and Nat fighting on top of a truck, Nat pulls something out of her pocket and stabs it into Rumlow's neck.

"I don't work like that no more!" Rumlow throws her into the truck, drops something inside and closes the hatch, before looking towards {Y/N} with a smirk as he runs off, {Y/N} runs to the back of the truck going to open the door but is blasted back as the truck explodes sending Natasha as well as a troop into {Y/N}.

"Ow" {Y/N} mutters leaning on her elbows, she looks at Natasha "you ok?" Nat nods pointing.

"Go get Rumlow, I'll be fine" {Y/N} nods and gets up running off in the direction Rumlow went, she soon spots him in another truck shooting up at the building, {Y/N} looks up and sees Steve flying back into the building. As she continues to run after Rumlow, Steve reappears but instead of running he was falling out of a window, she slows to a stop and watches as he hits a truck and lands on the ground.

"Steve!" running over to him, she kneels down rolling him over which causes him to groan.

"I'm alright," Steve says "Sam? He's heading north."

---

"I got four, they're splitting up," Sam says.

"I got the two on the left" Nat replies, running after the two men. Jumping into a small crowd of people {Y/N} spots gear on the ground.

"They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them has the payload" {Y/N} says, Steve stands next to her and looks around when a small bomb is thrown onto his shield, he looks down at it for brief second before throwing it into the air, suddenly {Y/N} s punched from behind being thrown into some stalls. Groaning {Y/N} pushes herself up.

"There you are, you son of a bitch. I've been waiting for this" Rumlow says standing above her, she looks around to see Steve knocked out on the ground behind Rumlow.

---

~Bread 🍞