Agent Down?

Movie: The Avengers

*A few months later*

{Y/N} walks down the halls of the SHIELD facility on her way to the gym, a short time later she finds Steve punching the crap out of a punching bag.

"Steve? Are you ok? Is something wrong?" he gives one last punch to the bag and sends it flying across the room, he turns his head to look at her.

"It's..." he pauses for a moment to pick up another bag and hangs it up "nothing" she sighs and walks over to him taking his bruised hands in her own before he can start punching again.

"It's not 'Nothing' Steve, I may have been 'Dead' for seventy or so years, but I know you... very well to know that this..." She gestures to the pile of busted bags "it's not nothing, so please tell me I want to help" she whispers.

"One of our agents, well actually he's an Avenger, he's been compromised" Steve mumbles, she nods and stats taking the gloves off his hands.

"And I'm guessing, Fury has sent you to go find him."

"No, he's making you come along as well" he murmurs.

"Ah, I see" she replies nodding.

"Captain's" {Y/N} turns to see Fury walking towards them "Nice to finally meet you Miss Barnes" she nods in response "I'm assuming Cap has already told you that we need your help?"

"Oh, yeah" she replies, Fury nods and hands her a folder, she opens it and flicks through it "the Tesseract?" she murmurs squinting at the picture of the blue cube.

"We need your help to tack it down."

"My help? I'm not sure how much help I'll be, I don't know a lot about it" she replies "but... I guess I'll try, when do we start?"

"Well, to answer your question Miss Barnes... you better suit up now cause you all leave in about an hour" with that Fury walks out of the gym the two super soldiers look at each other, {Y/N} puts out her hand.

"You coming, soldier?" Steve takes her hand and she starts dragging him through various halls and whatnot until they reach their room.

*Time skip*

"Here" {Y/N} looks up at Steve from her position on the ground in his hands he held a shield.

"Is this yours?" she asks, he shakes his head.

"No, Howard had made another one, Tony found it in a box" she nods standing up and taking it in her hands, she runs her left hand over the cold metal of the shield and smiles.

"Thank you, Howard" she whispers softly, Steve watches on with a smile, she looks up at him and they both walk out of the room.

"There are the two lovebirds" Tony smirks as, Steve and {Y/N} walk into the room, Fury coughs and they all look towards him.

"Agent Sitwell has informed me that Loki is at the Stuttgart Museum in Germany" Fury explains they nod and start walking towards where the jet was located.

*Time skip*

"So, this is Loki?" {Y/N} asks looking at the long black-haired male from the corner of her eye, Loki looks up at the mention of his name and smirks.

"As far as Mortals go... you're not so bad" Loki chuckles, {Y/N} smiles and Steve looks over at him and squints before turning back to {Y/N} and cleaning up the scar on her cheek that happened to be from Agent Barton's arrow.

"Yeah, that's Loki" Steve murmurs concentrating on her cheek, suddenly thunder and lightning nearly hit the jet making it shake violently.

"Where'd this come from?" Nat asks as thunder rumbles overhead.

"There, all done" Steve smiles softly.

"Thanks" {Y/N} stands up and walks over to the window in which Loki was looking out from his seat.

"What's the matter?" Steve asks, {Y/N} sighs shaking her head.

"Scared of a little lightning?" Tony chuckles, Loki looks up at {Y/N} his piercing green eyes seeming somewhat frightened.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows" he whispers, {Y/N} looks at him when suddenly a blinding light hits the jet, the ramp opens and within a flash, Loki's gone.

"Really!" Tony says grabbing his helmet and putting it on getting ready to jump out of the jet.

"Stark! We need a plan of attack!" Steve yells but is too late as Tony had already jumped out of the jet.

"You know, Steve, I'm pretty sure he has a plan and its attack!" {Y/N} yells adjusting her shield on her back, she and Steve grab parachutes and strap them on.

"I'd sit this one out if I were you guys!" Natasha yells.

"I don't see how we can ma'am!" {Y/N} replies getting ready to jump.

"Their basically gods!" Nat screams.

"There's only one god ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that!" {Y/N} yells jumping out followed by Steve.

"Old people" Nat mutters shaking her head.

*Time skip*

Tony and Thor look at each other getting ready to fight again until a shield ricochets off both of them, they look up to see {Y/N} standing on top of a fallen tree with her shield back in hand.

"That's enough!" she says jumping down and looking at Thor "now I don't know what you plan on doing here-" she starts but gets cut off by Thor.

"IV'E COME TO PUT AN END TO LOKI'S SCHEMES!" he yells.

"Then prove it! Put the hammer down" Steve says from behind {Y/N}.

"Um, yeah no! Bad call Cap! He loves his hammer!" Tony says, Thor backhands Tony with Mjölnir which sends him flying into the snow "ow", Thor turns around and raises the hammer.

"You want me to put the hammer down?" Thor asks.

"Yeah, that'd be nice" Steve says when suddenly Thor jumps into the air, {Y/N}'s eyes widen and she brings her shield up just as Thor brings his hammer down, as the hammer collides with the shield it sends a massive shockwave through the woods destroying everything within a mile, this causes {Y/N}, Steve and Thor flying backwards and into the snow.

"What the?" Tony asks standing up to see the two super soldiers and the God of Thunder sitting in the snow, {Y/N}, Steve, and Thor stand, {Y/N} dusts the snow off her suit and everyone looks at each other in silence for a good minute or so until Steve speaks up.

"Are we done here?"

---
~Bread 🍞