Who The Hell Is Bucky?

Movie: The Winter Soldier

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks" Sitwell says sitting between {Y/N} and Nat, Steve sits in the front next to Sam who's driving them to Triskelion.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam asks.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting a little bit close here," Nat says.

"I know" Steve replies.

"We'll use him to bypass DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly" {Y/N} adds.

"What?! Are you crazy?! That's a terrible, terrible idea" Sitwell says, just then the Winter Soldier lands on the car roof pulling Sitwell out and throwing him into oncoming traffic, killing him instantly. The Winter Soldier starts shooting at them through the roof, Steve pulls the break handle making the Winter Soldier fall to the ground as another car smashes into the car and pushes them along the street, the Winter Soldier jumps back onto the car pulling the steering wheel out.

"Shit!" Sam shouts, Natasha starts shooting at the Winter Soldier, but he jumps onto the behind them as the car is being pulled off the road, Steve and {Y/N} onto their doors, they nod at each other.

"Hang on!" Steve breaks open his door while holding Sam while {Y/N} grabs Nata and kicks her door open, they slide on the car doors along the street before coming to a stop, {Y/N} helps Nat stand when they spot the Winter Soldier joined by HYDRA agents, they start shooting at them. Everyone runs in different directions, the Winter Soldier starts shooting at {Y/N} who grabs her gun from her holster and shoots back hitting him in his goggles before running off, the Winter Soldier looks to h the HYDRA agents around him.

"I'll take care of her. Find him" the HYDRA agents nod as the Winter Soldier goes after {Y/N}, this, however, doesn't go unnoticed by Steve who watches.

"Go! I got this!" Sam shouts, Steve nods running off. The Winter Soldier walks along the street when he hears Nat's voice coming from behind a car.

"Civilians threatened, I make an LZ, twenty-three hundred block at Virginia Avenue. Rendezvous two minutes" he walks close and rolls a bomb under the car "civilians threatened, I repeat civilians threatened. I make an LZ, twenty-three hundred block at Virginia Avenue. Rendezvous two minutes" as the bomb goes off Natasha jumps onto his back trying to hurt him, but she throws her off, she quickly stands and runs off with him following close behind.

"Get out of the way! Come on, guys!" {Y/N} shouts to the civilians, Natasha runs past her and suddenly gets shot in the shoulder, she looks to {Y/N}.

"Behind you!" {Y/N} quickly turns and brings up her shield as the Winter Soldiers metal fist connects with it, he pulls back and walks backwards with his gun raised and shoots, the bullet bounces off the shield, she quickly runs towards him and they start fighting, Steve arrives to watch the two fight, in the process of fighting, the Winter Soldier had managed to grab {Y/N}'s shield, {Y/N} slams her metal fist across his face making his mask come off landing to the ground with a small 'thud' he looks up and {Y/N} stumbles back a bit, Steve walks over his eyes instantly going wide.

"Bucky?" he asks, Bucky tilts his head to the side, squinting.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" he goes to shoot again but Sam flies in and kicks him aside, Bucky takes aim again but before he can shoot Natasha uses the grenade launcher he dropped earlier to shoot at him. Bucky vanishes in the smoke of the explosion. They look around to see they're surrounded by HYDRA agents being led by Rumlow.

"Drop the shields! On your knees! Get on your knees! Now! Get down! Get down!" Rumlow shouts. {Y/N} holds her hands up "get on your knees! Down!" he kicks {Y/N}'s leg making her kneel on the ground "don't move" Rumlow looks at the helicopter flying above them and warns the man who's holding {Y/N} at gunpoint "put the gun down. Not here. Not here!" the man lowers his gun, the HYDRA agents then take {Y/N}, Steve, Sam and Nat into custody.

*Time skip*

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me" Steve says.

"How's that even possible? It was like seventy years ago" Sam replies.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." Steve stops looking to {Y/N}, he runs a hand through his hair.

"None of that's your fault, Steve" {Y/N} replies.

"Even when I had nothing, I had you both" Sam notices Nat is bleeding from her shoulder and looks at the guards.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck" suddenly one of the guards pulls out an electric rod and neutralises the other guard and knocks him out, the guard takes off their helmet.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain" Maria Hill says shaking her head, Sam looks at her in confusion "who's this guy?" Rumlow's crew stop their vehicles and get out.

"Three holes. Start digging" Rumlow says as he goes over to the van holding, {Y/N}, Steve, Sam and Natasha and as he opens the door he finds it empty with one of the guards left unconscious and massive burnt hole in the floor.

*Time skip*

Hill takes them to a secret facility; a man runs towards them and points to Nat.

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint" Maria replies.

"Maybe two" Sam adds.

"Let me take her," the man says.

"She'll want to see him first," Maria says as she takes them to Fury who's alive and lying in bed, {Y/N}, Steve and Nat look at him in shock.

"About damn time" Fury replies. Later as Natasha's wound is being treated "lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache" Fury explains.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung" the doctor says.

"Oh, let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good" Fury shrugs.

"They cut you open, your heart stopped," Nat says.

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it" Fury replies.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" {Y/N} asks.

"Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful," Maria says.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust."

---

~Bread 🍞