Oh, No...

Movie: The Avengers

*Three days later*

{Y/N} stands in the room she shares with Steve, looking down at the locket around her neck.

"James..." she whispers shaking her head, clutching it in her meatal hand, she hears shuffling behind her and turns to see Natasha.

"Hey, you ok?" Nat asks, {Y/N} sighs deeply nodding.

"Yeah" Nat looks at her for some time before also nodding.

"You ready?"

"Of course, but I don't know if I'm the right person to bring."

"Don't think about it too much alright, Steve will be there... we'll be there as well," Nat smiles gesturing to herself and in the direction of the rest of the team, {Y/N} nods before they both walk out of the room and towards the hanger "are you and Steve a thing?"

"Oh, yeah, we are" {Y/N} says smiling slightly.

"I knew there was something going on! You two act like an old married couple" Nat laughs, {Y/N} joining in as well.

"Who acts like an old married couple?" Tony asks walking up beside {Y/N}, he was in his suit but just without the helmet.

"Steve and {Y/N}," Nat says, Tony goes to say something but stops as {Y/N} stares at him, he chuckles putting his hands up and walks over to Clint.

*Time skip*

"So, I'm going with, Tony?" {Y/N} asks, Steve nods kneeling in front of her as she was sitting down, he places his hands on her knees.

"Don't worry, he'll look after you" he says, his blue eyes looking into her own {E/C} ones.

"Hey, you ready?" Tony asks through her ear piece, she smiles slightly at Steve and gets up, the back of the jet opens and Tony flies in, she gives one last nod to Steve and walks over to Tony before he wraps his arms around her and flies out.

*Time skip*

"You wanna drink?" Tony asks looking over his shoulder at {Y/N} who was looking around the penthouse.

"Oh, no thanks, I don't drink" Tony smiles.

"Come join," he says gesturing to the stool in front of him as he pours two different liquids into the cups.

"I hope you're not trying to get me drunk so I can spill all my secrets because I'm not sure that's going to work" she jokes quietly, he also laughs shaking his head and pushes a glass of water towards her.

"Spill your secrets? Not unless you want to tell me" he says smirking, she smiles and takes a sip of her drink.

"Well... I don't even know where to start" she laughs, Tony leans on the bar.

"Well, well, well. We meet again" they turn to see Loki standing a few feet away from them.

"Wanna drink?" Tony asks seeing {Y/N} shift under Loki's gaze, Loki looks towards him.

"No thanks!" he spits, Tony raises his hands before moving to stand next to {Y/N} who was now standing.

"Alright suit yourself," Tony says pouring himself another drink.

"What even are you two doing here?" Loki asks moving towards them.

"Threating you" {Y/N} says with her arms crossed, Loki scoffs and shakes his head.

"You think this is threating to me?" Loki laughs.

"Well that's what we're trying to do," Tony says meeting Loki halfway, {Y/N}'s metal hand twitches as Loki and Tony talk, she closes her eyes, taking deep breaths.

"This usually works," Loki says as he taps his sceptre against Tony's chest.

"Well, performance issues. You know" Tony says shrugging, Loki looks over Tony's shoulder to see {Y/N}, slowly advancing towards the two, she stops beside Tony and looks at him, when suddenly Loki knocks Tony out of the tower.

"Tony!" she shouts, but Loki stops her by putting his sceptre in front of her, she looks at him and punches him in the stomach knocking him to the floor.

"Oh, and there's one more person you pissed off! His name was Phil!" Tony says hovering in front of the window, Loki stands and Tony quickly shoots him back down, Tony grabs {Y/N} and quickly flies to the ground.

"I-I should have stopped him" {Y/N} says "he could've killed you" Tony shakes his head.

"it's ok, I'm ok," he says his voice robotic due to his suit, she looks up.

"Uhh, Tony," she says.

"Yeah?" she points and he looks up "God damn it, you stay here and try to get as many people to safety," he says before flying off.

"Ok, you can do this {Y/N}" she mutters to herself as she runs through the crowds of people shouting at them to move and get out of the way, she looks up to see Tony fending off aliens, she then spots a little boy no older than five standing in the middle of the road, she runs towards him and grabs him just as a group of aliens land on the ground behind them, she runs off with the boy in her arms.

"Wait, you're Captain America's girlfriend!" she looks down at him and nods.

"Yeah, I am, buddy" she smiles handing the boy over to a police officer, and running off a short time later she finds Steve, Natasha and Clint fighting off a group of aliens, she runs over and joins them, a few seconds later they are all standing in the middle of the road breathing heavily.

"Had anyone heard from Banner?" Tony asks his voice coming through static, everyone shakes their heads as Steve looks at them.

"No, don't think so" Steve replies.

"Ok, keep me posted!" Tony replies, Steve turns and looks down the bridge just as Loki comes flying past them with a squad of aliens following him and starts shooting as the road setting off a chain of explosions.

"We need to get to those people!" Steve says, they all go to run but are stopped by aliens which land in front of them, Nat and Clint start shooting at them, and nods to the two super soldiers.

"Go, we got this!" she nods to Clint, {Y/N} and Steve look at each other before running off towards the plaza. Steve and {Y/N} land on a flipped car, that's when the two cops that were in front of them look up as Steve starts talking.

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You can take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as thirty-ninth" Steve says looking around.

---

~Bread 🍞