Pancakes & Jasper Sitwell?

Movie: The Winter Soldier

Returning from his morning run, Sam Wilson, walks into his house grabbing a bottle of water. That's when a knock on the door pulls him out of his thoughts.

"Hey guys," Sam says as he notices {Y/N}, Steve and Natasha standing at his front door. Smudges of dirt cover their faces and clothes.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low" Steve says scratching the back of his neck.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us" {Y/N} adds, Sam looks over them before opening the door wider so they can walk in.

"Not everyone."

*Time skip*

"When did you learn how to cook pancakes?" Sam asks as {Y/N} pours some pancake mix into the pan.

"My brother taught me" she smiles a little, Sam leans on the counter with his arms crossed.

"Was he nice?" {Y/N} looks back at him nodding before returning her attention to the stove.

"Yeah, he was amazing, talented, skilled and definitely a ladies man" {Y/N} chuckles which also causes Sam to chuckle a few minutes later {Y/N} finishes up the pancakes.

"I'll go get the other two" Sam replies walking off, {Y/N} sighs running her hand over her face. Soon enough Natasha and Steve walk into the kitchen followed by Sam.

*Time skip*

"So, the question is: 'who in SHEILD could launch a domestic missile strike?'" Natasha says.

"Pierce" Steve replies.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," Natasha says.

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star" {Y/N} adds.

"So was Jasper Sitwell" Natasha murmurs.

"So, the real question is: 'how do the most two wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?'" Steve says.

"The answer is: 'you don't'" Sam throws a file onto the table, {Y/N} picks it up and looks through it.

"What's this?" she asks looking up at him.

"Call it a resume" he replies, Natasha picks up a fallen photo up off the table and looks at it.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" {Y/N} takes the picture from Nat.

"Is this Riley?" {Y/N} asks.

"Yeah" Sam replies softly looking away.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Nat asks, Sam shakes his head.

"No. These" he hands {Y/N} another file.

"I thought you said you're a pilot" {Y/N} replies, Sam laughs.

"I never said a pilot."

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason" Steve says.

"Dude, Captain America and Miss America need my help!" Sam smiles "there's no better way to get back in."

"Ok then. Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall."

"Shouldn't be a problem" {Y/N} says smiling.

*Time skip*

"Listen, I gotta fly home tonight, cause uh... I got some constituency problem, and I gotta press the flesh" Senator Stern says walking beside Jasper Sitwell.

"Any constituent, in particular, Mr Senator?" Sitwell asks.

"Uh... no, not really. Twenty-three kind of hot. Real hot. You know wants to be a reporter, I think. I don't know, who listens at that point" Stern replies.

"Doesn't sound much of a problem to me."

"Really? Cause she's killing my back. Look, this isn't the place to talk about it" Stern says, touching Sitwell's pin on his jacket "that's a nice pin."

"Thank you."

"Come here" Stern pulls Sitwell in for a hug and whispers in his ear "Hail, HYDRA" as Stern steps away he touches his back "see that, right?"

"I just saw that, yeah."

"Should I get it checked?"

"I think so" Stern smiles and walks away just as Sitwell gets a call from Pierce, Sitwell turns to his men "I need a minute. Bring the car around" his men nod, and he answers the phone "yes, sir?"

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious" Sam says as {Y/N} sits next to him.

"Who is this?!" Sitwell asks.

"The good-looking guy in the sunglasses with the equally beautiful girl next to him, your ten o'clock" Sitwell looks around frantically, Sam sighs "your other ten o'clock" Sitwell looks at the both of them "there you go."

"What do you want?" {Y/N} takes the phone from Sam.

"You're gonna go around the corner, to your right. There's a grey car, two spaces down, us three are gonna take a ride: she says leaning back in her chair.

"And why would I do that?" Sitwell asks.

"Because that tie looks really expensive, and we'd hate to mess it up" Sitwell looks down to see a red dot on his tie, {Y/N} and Sam stand and walk towards him.

*Time skip*

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm," Steve says as he throws Sitwell across the rooftop, Natasha and {Y/N} follow him.

"Never heard of it" Sitwell replies looking up at the three, {Y/N} kneels in front of him with her head tilted.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up. I get seasick" {Y/N} stands grabbing Sitwell by the collar and forces him to the edge of the roof "and plus it's not your problem."

"Mhm, yes your right. It's not. It's her's" {Y/N} steps aside as Natasha kicks Sitwell off the roof "nice job."

"Thanks" the three stand silently for a moment when suddenly Sam come flying up, the Falcon jet-pack suit strapped to his back and throws Sitwell down on the roof, Sitwell puts his hands up as {Y/N} walks over to him.

"Zola's algorithm is a program... for choosing insight's targets!" Sitwell cries out.

"What targets?" {Y/N} asks.

"You and Steve! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defence, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephan Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA!" Now or in the future."

"The future? How could it know?" Steve asks, Sitwell laughs.

"How could it not?! The twenty-first century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it" Steve, Natasha and {Y/N} look at him confused "your bank records, medical history, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict the future."

"And then what?" {Y/N} asks, a look of horror covers Sitwell's face.

"Oh, my god. Pierce is going to kill me!" Sitwell says freaking out.

"What then?!" Steve asks.

"Then the insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

---

~Bread 🍞