A Work In Progress

Movie: Avengers: Endgame

Steve is standing outside the compound staring at the floor seeming deep in thought when suddenly a car comes speeding around the corner, the car pulls over to Steve but goes a bit too far, then reverses. The window rolls down and both Tony and {Y/N} are looking at Steve.

"Why the long face?" Tony asks "let me guess: He turned into a baby."

"Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve asks his question directed more at Tony then {Y/N}, both Tony and {Y/N} hop out of the car.

"That's the EPR paradox," Tony says ignoring Steve's question as he walks to the back of the car "instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it."

"You did" Steve replies.

"Oh, did I? Thank God I'm here. Regardless, {Y/N} and I fixed it" Tony holds up his right hand which has a device on it.

"That's a fully functioning Time-Space GPS" {Y/N} says with a smile.

"We just want peace," Tony says making a peace sign "turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

"Me too," Steve says.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lot? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all coats. And... maybe not die trying will be nice."

"Sounds like a deal" Tony and Steve shake hands before Tony opens the trunk pulling out Steve's shield.

"Tony..."

"Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding" Steve fits his arm into the shield.

"Thank you, Tony."

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team" Tony hesitates for a moment "We are getting the whole team, yeah?"

"We're working on that right now."

*Time skip*

Thor is walking around the compound in a hoodie and drinking a beer when Tony comes up from behind him.

"Drifting left. One side there, Lebowski" Tony says as he walks past Thor and towards Rocket who's working on something underneath a glass platform "Ratchet, how's it going?"

"It's Rocket. Take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal" in another room, Scott, Bruce, Steve, {Y/N} and Rhodey are talking.

"Time travel suit? Not bad" Rhodey says looking at Scott who's in a white and red suit while Nebula works on the back of the suit.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!" Scott says pointing to Bruce.

"I'm being very careful."

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful" Scott holds up the small bottle.

"These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more" Scott says.

"Scott, calm down" {Y/N} says.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs" suddenly Scott shrinks and then grows back to his normal size "one test run. Alright, I'm not ready for this."

"I'm game. I'll do it" Clint says. A while later Clint is in the suit Scott was wearing.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about that."

"Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." Rhodey makes a hand gesture that suggests they strangle baby Thanos with a rope, {Y/N} and Bruce look at him.

"That's horrible" {Y/N} says.

"It's Thanos. He literally knocked you out."

"Ok, well time doesn't work that way," Bruce says, "changing the past doesn't change the future."

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved" Scott says.

"Bingo," Clint says.

"That's not how it works," Nebula says.

"Well, that's what I heard" Clint replies.

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Bruce asks.

"Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time-" Rhodey says.

"Quantum Leap-" Scott adds.

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time-"

"Hot Tub Time Machine-"

"Hot Tub Time Machine, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel."

"Die Hard? No that's not one..."

"This is known."

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..." Bruce says.

"Exactly," Nebula says.

"So... Back To The Future's a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asks, {Y/N} looks at him and places her hand on his shoulder.

*Time skip*

Everyone is standing in the testing chamber.

"Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!" suddenly Clint disappears into the hole, not even moments later Clint reappears on the glass platform kneeling as he breathes heavily, everyone is quick to run over to him, Natasha being the first to reach him.

"Hey, hey. Look at me. You ok?" Nat asks as she helps Clint stand.

"Yeah, it worked. It worked" Clint throws the baseball glove to Tony who catches it.

*Time skip*

"Ok, so the 'how' works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones" {Y/N} says, standing next to some hologram displays, showcasing the Infinity Stones, while the rest of the Avengers sit at a table.

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones," Tony says walking past her with a coffee cup in hand.

"I haven't," Scott says "I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history," Bruce says.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in" Tony says.

"Which means we have to pick our targets," Clint says.

"Correct" Tony says.

"Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asks looking at Thor who's sitting in a chair with his sunglasses on.

"Is he asleep?" Nat asks.

"No, I'm pretty sure he's dead" Rhodey replies. 

---

~Bread 🍞