Accepted? For what?

Movie: Captain America: The First Avenger

{Y/N} soon finds Steve in the recruitment centre looking at himself as a soldier in a mirror.

"You really gonna do this again?" she asks walking up to him her arms crossed over her chest and a smile on her face, Steve looks at her and nods.

"Well, it is a fair. I'm gonna try my luck" he says smiling and getting off the small platform and walking towards her.

"Well, I think you'd be a great soldier" she whispers, that's when James walks up to them.

"As who? Steve from Ohio? They'll catch you. Or worse, they'll actually take you" James says.

"Look, I know you don't think I can do this" Steve replies.

"This isn't a back alley, Steve. It's war!"

"I know it's a war. You don't have to tell me" James sighs shaking his head.

"Why are you so keen to fight? There are so many important Jobs."

"What am I gonna do? Collect scrap metal..."

"Yes!"

"...in my little red wagon."

"Why not?" James shrugs.

"I'm not gonna sit in a factory, Bucky, come on! There are men laying down their lives. I got no right to do any less than them. That's what you don't understand. This isn't about me."

"Right. Cause you got nothing to prove. Don't do anything stupid until I get back" James says pointing at Steve "Short stack, look after him will you?"

"Sure. But I'm not sure how he'll do anything stupid, you're taking all the stupid with you" {Y/N} chuckles, James gives her one of his famous lopsided grins and pulls her in for a hug.

"Your both punks, you know," James says laughing as he pulls away giving Steve a quick hug.

"Well, you're a jerk" {Y/N} fires back "But really, be careful" James pats her on the head smiling.

"Always am," he says starting to walk away.

"Don't win the war till I get there!" Steve shouts, James turns and salutes then starts walking away with his date who stood a few feet away waiting, a short while later {Y/N} and Steve are in a medical examination room where a nurse whispers something to the young doctor that stood close by.

"Wait here just a moment," the doctor says.

"Is there a problem?" Steve asks.

"Just wait here, please" with that the doctor walks out, Steve sighs and starts to get ready to leave when an enlistment officer MP walks into the room, Steve looks up worriedly, that's when a doctor enters the room and the enlistment officer walks out.

"Thank you. So, you want to go overseas? Kill some Nazis."

"Excuse me?"

"Doctor Abraham Erskine" he walks over shaking Steve and {Y/N}'s hands "I represent the Strategic Scientific Reserve."

"Steve Rogers this is my friend {Y/N} Barnes" Erskine nods, before looking through Steve's file, he then places it down and looks at the other file he had brought with him.

"Where are you from?" Steve asks, Erskine looks up briefly before looking back down at the file.

"Queens. 73rd Street and Utopia Parkway. Before that, Germany. This trouble any of you?" both Steve and {Y/N} shake their heads, Erskine raises his eyebrows, closes the folder and picks up Steve's again.

"Where are you from Mr Rogers? Mmm? Is it New Haven? Or Paramus? Five exams in five different cities."

"That might not be the right file," Steve says.

"No, it's the exams I'm interested in. it's the five tries. But you didn't answer my question. Do you want to kill Nazis?"

"Is this a test?"

"Yes."

"I don't wanna kill anyone. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from" Steve says, Erskine looks over at {Y/N}.

"How about you Miss Barnes?"

"Me?"

"Well, there are already so many big men fighting this war. Maybe what we need now is a woman and the little guy, huh? I can offer you both a chance" Erskine says as they exit the room.

"But, women don't fight" {Y/N} says.

"There's always a first time for everything Miss Barnes" She looks over at Steve and nods.

"We'll take it."

"Good. So where is the little guy from, actually?"

"Brooklyn" {Y/N} replies, Erskine nods and stamps the two forms in his hands, puts them into the folders and hands them to Steve and {Y/N}.

"Congratulations, soldiers" Steve and {Y/N} look down at the files and open them to see they both have been stamped as accepted.

*Project Rebirth training grounds*

"Gentlemen and lady, I'm Agent Carter. I supervise all operations of this division" she says nodding giving {Y/N} a small smile.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria? Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army" one of the men say laughing slightly, Agent Carter squints her eyes.

"What's your name, soldier?" Agent Carter asks.

"Gilmore Hodge, your Majesty."

"Step forward, Hodge" He nods and steps forward "put your right foot forward."

"Are we dancing? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like" suddenly she punches Hodge hard in the face sending him to the ground, {Y/N} cringes slightly.

"Ouch" she whispers making Steve laugh quietly, that's when the Colonel drives up and gets out of his car (Jeep? I don't know XD).

"Agent Carter."

"Colonel Philips."

"I see you're roughening up or men and lady, that's good" he looks down at Hodge who was still on the ground "pick your ass out of the dirt, soldier" Hodge quickly scrambles to his feet.

"Yes sir" with that Hodge walks back into the line the Colonel looks over at the group and starts speaking again.

"General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men" his eyes land on Steve and {Y/N} "and because they're gonna get better. Much better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an allied effort made up of the best minds in the free world. Our goal is to create the best army in history. But every army starts with one man and now lady. At the end of the week, we will choose that man or lady. He/she will be the first in a new breed of super-soldiers. And they will personally escort Adolf Hitler to the gates of Hell."

---
~Bread 🍞