Don't Leave Me

Movie: Avengers: Infinity War

"Still no word from Vision," Secretary Ross asks, {Y/N} stands beside Rhodey as they both look at the hologram in front of them.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh" {Y/N} says.

"On a stolen quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals, and I'm still debating whether or not to put you back on that list, Mrs. Rogers" {Y/N} rolls her eyes.

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right sir?" Rhodey asks.

"My god, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own."

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here."

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel."

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that" Rhodey says looking down at his leg braces.

"You have second thoughts?"

"Not anymore" that's when Steve, Nat, Sam, Wanda and Vision enter.

"Mr. Secretary," Steve says.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now" Nat replies.

"The worlds on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight" Steve takes a step forward looking right at Ross "and if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too" Ross turns to Rhodey.

"Arrest them."

"All over it" Rhodey swipes off the hologram and the computer beeps twice "that's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap" Rhodey and Steve hug.

"You too, Rhodey" Nat also hugs Rhodey.

"Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years" {Y/N} says smiling.

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star," Sam says hugging her.

"Uh, I think you look great" everyone turns to see Bruce "uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce," Nat says.

"Nat" there's a moment of silence.

"This is awkward" Sam whispers.

*Time skip*

"So, we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asks.

"And they can clearly find us," Wanda says.

"We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asks.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest" {Y/N} says from beside Steve.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asks.

"Ant-Man" Steve replies.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Ok, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he's not gonna stop until he... he gets... Vision's Stone."

"Well then, we have to protect it," Nat says.

"No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... Its molecular integrity could fail."

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation" Wanda says.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's too high a price" Vision takes Wanda's face gently in both hands.

"Only you have the power to pay it" Wanda walks away from him "Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision" {Y/N} says.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" Steve takes a breath, but before he has a chance to answer, Bruce speaks

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another" Bruce says.

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asks.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Nat asks.

"Not me. Not here."

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back" Rhodey says.

"I know somewhere," Steve says.

*Time skip*

"You'll have the Kingsguard, and the Dora Milaje have been alerted," Okoye says walking beside T'Challa.

"And the Border Tribe?"

"Those that are left."

"Send word to the Jabari as well. M'Baku likes a good fight."

"And what of this one?"

"This one may be tired of war" the two watch Bucky from a distance throwing a bag from a pile on the ground onto a partly-filled cart, while two village children watch "but the White Wolf has rested long enough" they soon reach Bucky where a Kingsguardsman sets an elaborate and high-tech-looking equipment case down on the cart, opens the lid, and steps back. As Bucky approaches, he sees a new Vibranium arm in the case.

"Where's the fight?" Bucky asks.

"On its way."

*Time skip*

"You know, Rogers. You're lucky I'm very forgiving" {Y/N} says sitting next to Steve who chuckles "plus, I like the beard... so you know, win-win."

"Well, I'm glad you forgive me" {Y/N} smiles, taking Steve's hand into her own and closing her eyes.

"I just missed you a lot... you know?" he places his hand on top of hers.

"I know" she looks up at him and leans forward placing her lips on his.

"Don't ever leave me again."

"I won't. Just promise you won't leave me."

"I'll never leave you" Steve smiles placing another kiss to her lips before getting up and walking over to Sam, Nat walks over sitting where Steve was seconds ago.

"I never got to see this" Nat says taking {Y/N} hand in her hands, her fingers tracing over the ring "it's very beautiful."

"It is. I missed you guys a lot."

"Well, I wish you were there for it. It would've been a lot more fun" Nat says laughing a little, {Y/N} nods.

"Yeah, I could say the same without you guys here. But at least I had Tony" {Y/N} replies looking at Steve.

---
~Bread 🍞