More Than Friends?

Movie: Captain America: The First Avenger

Steve walks out of the tent and towards {Y/N} who was sat against a wall with her knees tucked under her chin, he sits down next to her and takes her hand in his.

"You know what the last thing I said to him was?" Steve looks at her the rain making her hair flatten against her face "stay safe and don't be a jerk. I called him a jerk" she laughs "I even asked for him to stay in my room with me before he went. He told me stories of when we were younger, ones that I haven't even heard" James always had a tendency to stay with his sister on nights in which she couldn't sleep usually resulting in their parents finding them clinging to one another in the morning.

"Can you tell me one?" Steve asks quietly, even though he pretty much knew every story there was, he was there when she was younger after all.

"Well, there was this one where I was apparently climbing a tree and I fell and he stood there laughing" she replies "and after he told me I called him a jerk cause instead of helping he laughed" she shakes her head, Steve looks around briefly before lifting her head up and looking her in the eyes with a small smile on his face.

"You know, he probably didn't mention it but... I was there and helped you up then we both took you to the hospital... luckily nothing was broken" he says, {Y/N} smiles and leans forward placing her lips on his, Steve goes wide-eyed but soon kisses her back, a while later {Y/N} pulls away and leans her head on his.

"Thank you" she whispers "for everything" Steve grins and pulls her closer to him wrapping his arms around her waist "oh and this was perhaps the most cliché thing I've ever done" Steve nods, and stands up putting out his hand.

"Come on, we have a jeep to pack and clothes to change" {Y/N} garbs his hand and he lifts her up "are you ready?" he asks, she takes a deep breath and nods.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

*Time Skip*

"I can't believe they made me one" {Y/N} says putting on a suit which was similar to Steve's.

"Well, you were supposed to come on stage with me, but... you know..." Steve trails off looking up at {Y/N}, that's when Agent Carter walks up to them.

"What are you two planning on doing? Walking to Austria?"

"If that's what it takes," Steve says.

"You heard the Colonel... your friend is most likely dead."

"You don't know that" Steve replies, handing {Y/N} a helmet.

"Even so, he's devising a strategy. If he detects..."

"By the time he's done that, it could be too late!" Steve growls grabbing {Y/N}'s hand and dragging her to the jeep with Agent Carter following "You told us you thought we were meant for more than this. Did you mean that?"

"Every word."

"Then you gotta let us go," Steve says hoping into the jeep followed by {Y/N}

"I can do more than that" Steve and {Y/N} look at each other than to Agent Carter.

*Time Skip*

{Y/N} sits next to Steve while Agent Carter sits across from them in a plane which is being piloted by Howard Stark.

"The HYDRA camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind" Agent Carter says pointing at a map.

"We should be able to drop you two off right on the doorstep" Howard speaks up.

"Just get us as close as you can," Steve says "you know, you two are gonna be in a lot of trouble at the lab."

"And you guys won't?"

"Where we're goin', if anybody yells at us we can just shoot 'em" {Y/N} says her Brooklyn accent more noticeable.

"They will undoubtedly shoot back" Agent Carter replies.

"Well let's hope it's good for somethin' then," she says picking up the wooden, but sturdy, shield in her hands.

"Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late-night fondue?" Howard asks, Agent Carter looks around awkwardly and finally settles on watching {Y/N} and Steve put their parachutes on.

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him."

"So are you two...? Do you...? Fondue...?" {Y/N} quickly places her hand over Steve's mouth, Agent Carter ignores Steve and hands {Y/N} something.

"This is your transponder. Activate it when you two are ready and the signal will lead us straight to you."

"Are you sure this thing works?" Steve asks finally able to get {Y/N}'s hand off.

"It's been tested more than you and her combined, pal" suddenly the plane starts getting shot at and Steve walks over to the door and opens it with {Y/N} close behind.

"Get back here! We're taking you all the way in!" Agent Carter shouts.

"As soon as we're free, you turn this thing around and get the hell outta here!" Steve shouts.

"You can't give me orders!" Agent Carter replies.

"The hell I can't! I'm a Captain!" Steve grabs {Y/N}'s hand and they both nod at Agent Carter and jump out of the plane.

*Time Skip*

{Y/N} holds a stolen blue shining cartridge in between her fingers and looks up to see some soldiers in cells, she shoves the cartridge in her jacket pocket and walks into the room with Steve following close behind.

"Who are you?" she looks to the man who talked and tilts her head.

"I'm {Y/N}... and that's Captain America," she says pointing at Steve who stood behind her.

"I beg your pardon?" the male looks surprised, one that there was a female standing in front of him and two... who the hell is Captain America? {Y/N} grabs a bobby pin from her pocket and kneels down instantly unlocking the pick with just a few twists, she stands back up opening the door and turns towards Steve who is looking at her wide-eyed.

"What?"

"How'd you do that?"

"Uh... well you see, James might've taught me a few things, lock picking being one of those things" she replies biting her lip.

"Where are, we taking everybody?" the man from before speaks up.

"I'm from Fresno, Ace" one man says holding up his dog tags.

"Is there anybody else? We're looking for a Sergeant James Barnes" Steve asks.

"There's an isolation ward in the factory but no one's ever come out," one man says, {Y/N} nods.

"All right. The tree line is northwest, eighty yards past the gate. Get out fast and give 'em hell. We'll meet you guys in the clearing with anybody else we find" {Y/N} says.

"Wait! You know what you two are doin'?"

"Yeah. I've knocked out Adolf Hitler over two hundred times" Steve says grabbing {Y/N}'s hand and dragging her off down a hall.

---

~Bread 🍞