Chapter 3 - Knight In Armani Armour✔

Chapter 3
© #KCMmuoe

Cleo

There are days when you know what's going on. How everything is going to go , what to do , when to do it, what's going to happen and more importantly how will your day end.
When I woke up this morning I knew my day was going to be hectic . I'd get to work and make sure Ruth had everything sorted out , including her diary, brunch since I know she strolls in at noon and leaves four hours later, and reminders. The only time she comes in and leaves at normal times is when we have meetings or department review days . I normally bring her up to speed with what's going on and What she needs to do and where she needs to be. In actual fact I do her job for her. I also come in on weekends to back up some of the stuff she doesn't do. I woke up this morning doing what needed to be done .

I didn't care much about Angelo coming to the department and besides Ruth knew something was up with me and the boss's son she didn't want me around , mainly cause she saw me as a threat to her chances of getting Angelo to notice her . Why didn't I leave cuddles in the elevator maybe I wouldn't have met Gio and I'd have succeeded in ducking Angelo. I was slowly coming back to life , I knew it cause my head felt heavy and my body hurt . I opened my eyes and the first thing I noticed was a waffle knit patch pocket black Armani blazer and a blue crew neck shirt by my side. I knew I wasn't home because the sheets were black and the comforter I was in was White. Then I heard him ...

"Papa I said 911 not Colai . She looks like sleeping beauty. I finished setting the table ."

I heard a familiar song coming from somewhere in the room . Kings of Leon - Radioactive. It was cut by the dude in the blazer.

"This is Cleo's phone. "

"Papa that's wrong the phone doesn't belong to you. Stealing"

"Nicolai take Gio to the table I will be there in five minutes with Cleo . She's awake . Ruth you've called Cleo for the tenth time and it's after business hours."
My eyes were wide open and I locked eyes with a really annoyed Angelo. Whispering to him I didn't have the energy to pull a mean face .

"Give me my phone ."
He shook his head and continued speaking.

"Ruth I'm in a meeting with Cleo . Yes at seven in the evening. She just stepped out and I saw your name on the screen. I'm her employer too. I don't want to argue with you. Don't you dare. I will speak to you tomorrow. Good evening Miss Locket. "

While Angelo was on my phone I had slipped out of bed and into my work sneakers. I was still wearing my dress shirt and slacks. I didn't sleep with my new boss , victory dance but he has my phone so victory short lived. I walked to where he was.

" Massa my phone now."
I stretched out my palm and he pulled me in for a hug. When I pulled back he gently kissed me and I kissed him back slow and sweet but I pulled back .

"Cleopatra you scared me half to death."
I hugged him back and let go.
My head had a band aid on it;I could feel it when I put my face in my palms .

" Thank God I didn't kill the other half of you or you'd be a dead man walking."

" You fell and bumped your head. I brought you here to avoid hospital red tape. When was the last time you had a proper home cooked meal?"
I sat back on the bed and he sat next to me .

"Sunday when I had seven colors."

"Seven colors ? "

"Yes Michelangelo and we have jelly and custard so maybe eight."

"I made dinner and my father told me Giovanni invited you and he decided to cancel on me. I can't wait to have seven colors with you."

"I don't want to keep Gio waiting. He has your eyes and smile... You're moving to fast."