Chapter 41- Decisions✅

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe

Angelo

I get worried when my wife ... Girlfriend is unsettled. As happy as I was to be talking to my parents like old times and having Cleo next to me was the cherry on top. I've known her long enough to detect her moods and she seemed too quiet and out of sorts . I thought she'd feel betrayed after my mother told her I was bi but she was totally chilled. Her reaction put me at ease . I don't regret my decision to have her as my girl. I want her as my wife. Speaking of which I need to ask my mother for her wedding ring.

I wanted to let Cleo go upstairs but my father insisted she stay . She came back home from Mass with him. I has time to talk to my mother about why my dad did what he did . When I asked Cleo what was wrong she said; she couldn't cope...

I wanted her to make her feel safe and protected . Above all ; wanted, loved and ,needed. My dad knew about the threats ,but not my mother .

"Cleo what do you mean my babe."

"Rachel sent me a threat this morning. She said I should watch my back."

My mother interjected.

"That good for nothing selfish woman."

"She won't do anything. Dad whose at the lake house?"

"Rachel. I packed my bags and snuck out this morning. I was coming to you to explain and ask to stay for a while. She also called the hit ."

"You're always welcome ..."

Cleo still looked out of sorts.

"Cleo?"

"Hah ?"

Okay something's wrong with Cleo and she's holding back I know because she's gone all quiet . The last time she was like this was the week we found out about the babies.

"Are you okay ?"

"You already asked me that."

"Jeez sorry for being concerned. "

" Rosa thank you for breakfast. Excuse me."

Cleo stood up and ran upstairs.

"I'm sorry !"

My father shook his head and my mother nodded.

"Go after her Angelo . Something's wrong."

My mother was right .I took a deep breath and ran after Cleo.

"Cleo ! "

I walked into the main bedroom and closed the door only to find Cleo crying. With no hesitation I pulled her in for a hug and soothed her . She took her phone out and I looked at the screen and saw the message.

You think you're safe with Angelo. Think again. You're mine and I will get you. PS How are your twi ns?.

"I think I've had enough. I can't live like this ."

"Is this about me or us."

"No you're perfect babe. I love all of you."

"If you want to go away , if that will make you feel safer then we will."

"Rachel knows about the twins and I'm so scared ... You've lost Gio to Duncan and I've watched you go through hell."

"You pulled me through. We are a team and I have your back no matter what."

I leaned in to kiss Cleo and she kissed me back. Cleo locked eyes with me and smiled .

"I love you."

"I love you too Bella. "

"I need to walk all this panicky energy off. "

"Are you walking out the premises?"

Cleo stood up and rolled her eyes.

"Do you mean the fortress you call a home ."

"It wasn't a home before you came . You're home Bella."

"You've always been home for me Blue."

Cleo gave me a hug and I hugged her back.

"See you in a bit ."

"Fifteen minutes ."

Cleo walked out and she left her phone.

I took her phone and headed to my study with it . She didn't have it password locked, she trusts me enough not to keep secrets. I made it to the Study and switched my notebook on to check the perimeters of the house . Cleo was headed to the cottage . A message came through her phone and when I opened the application, Jane's name popped up. I opened the thread and saw is something disturbing. Nicolai doesn't deserve what Jane is doing to him with Paul . Oh my word this cannot end well. I lean back on my chair and rubbed my temples trying to calm down.

I heard my office door open.

"I don't know how you found her, or what drew you to her , but you're very lucky to have her."

I looked up and smiled at my mom who was beaming.

" I saved her on the night I thought I was going to end my life. I didn't know she'd end up saving me ,and that I'd end up falling in love with her."

"Hmm I see why you want her for keeps. At first I thought you were using her to get over losing Gio but now that you told me she suggested therapy for you and couples therapy... Its safe to say she's a keeper."

"I just need her back at the communications department at Massa and Stone. "

"You're going to have trouble convincing her . I picked up that she has an independent streak..."

"Mom I'm learning to let her run free but it bothers me that she makes me feel like I don't own her sometimes. She starts stuff without my knowledge."

"Doesn't she eventually tell you?"

"She does . She's unpredictable. "

"You've always liked predictability and stability."

"She loves security in all things ."

"The both of you are compatible."

"Hmm . She should be heading back. "

"I like her ."

"Speaking of like . Mom do you still have grandma's ring?"

"I do and Cleopatra has both our blessings."

"Where is dad?"

"Sleeping peacefully. You know him and mornings. "

"Ha ha . "

I was smiling and laughing and so was my mother when all of the sudden we heard gun shots. Cleo was outside and she wasn't safe . We heard a couple more and with no hesitation I pressed the red button underneath my desk.

"What's going on ?"

"I don't know but I need you to stay with dad . Cleo is outside."

I ran downstairs as fast as my legs could carry me towards the cottage and most of the guards were there . When I arrived I looked around and Cleo wasn't anywhere in sight .

I heard something in the bushes and ran towards the source of the sound and pointed my gun.

"Blue don't shoot me. Please don't ."

It was Bella and she had her hands up in surrendere. I didn't see it then but her baby bump was now visible.

"Cleo ? "

I gave one of the guards my gun and ran to hold a shaking Cleo .

"You're safe thank God. What happened?"

"He lost it and he started shooting. "

"Who my babe tell me?"

TBC🔜

©KCMmuoe

TBC🔜
©2017 #KCMmuoe