Chapter 64 -Back to almost normal ✔

Cleo
For the first time in a very long time I can breathe. I woke up next to Angelo and he was asleep. His sleeping patterns have returned to normal and so have mine . We spent the whole of wednesday doing what we loved together and by the time we got back home I hit lights out hard after I took a warm bath to soothe my achy muscles. We went indoor rock climbing at the adventure zone , paint ball shooting and did an obstacle course that required us to work as a team which took most of the day as soon as my head hit the pillow I was gone .

On Thursday we caught up on work that needed to be done and went shopping for Friday. All I knew was that; it was date night and Angelo wanted to take me out shopping, when I said no he went all moody and left me alone. When lunch time came around I called Angelo and he picked up. I asked him ;if he wanted to come upstairs for lunch or does he want to go out . When he said no I said okay . I called Clara as soon as I hung up and she was game for lunch three blocks away from the club and besides she was fifteen minuets away . It was frigid outside so on top of my thermal gear , I put on black jeans one of Angelo's comfy leather and cotton zip up hoodies I grabbed the red one and I put on some a pair of comfy boots took my handbag, and went out. When I arrived at the restaurant I ordered a cup of coffee and scrolled through my instagram feed while I waited . A picture of me in lala land popped up and it was captioned; Happiness is waking up next to my wife.
I chuckled because we were not married and he hadn't asked me yet. I was going to scroll but I saw a comment from Nikki saying; she hasn't said yes yet.
My coffee arrived and as soon as I put my phone down Angelo's face appeared and Clara was waving and I waved back and answered the call.

" Blue? "

" Cleo where are you?"

" Out . I had made lunch but you said you weren't hungry."

" Where are you?"

"Again out my babe ."

"Without me?"

"I'm with Clara..."

I took a deep breath and shook my head

"I'm sorry. I know I was moody earlier on and you were trying to make peace . Brent just walked in . Stay put we are coming. I love you."

"Love you too Blue ."

I hung up and looked at Clara who looked concerned.

"Is everything okay Cleo?"

"Which part?"

"Is it that bad ?"

I nodded my head and took a sip of my coffee.

" I don't know why Angelo is keeping stuff from me. I saw a shipping schedule and we are in Johannesburg not any sea ports. "

"Has Angelo told you what the tunnels are for?"

"No. What do you know ?"

" Carlo has a shipment schedule too whatever they are both into it can't be legit. Carlo goes into this dark hole that I can't fish him out of. He is my brother in law but it doesn't help that we were once lovers. "

"Angelo wakes up in a cold sweat Clara. I know him inside out, but the part he keeps secret is what scares me . I love him and if he asks me I will say yes with no hesitation."

Clara held my hand and looked at me .

" Brent had secrets too.He eventually told me ."

I took my hand back and swatted my tears away

" I don't know if I want to marry him anymore."

"Give him a chance."

" I need to get away."

"Don't . Angelo needs you. He is like Carl. Has he admitted to you that its hard for him to show emotion?"

"Last night. "

" He will tell you if not sooner than later ."

I heard the door open and saw both Brent and Blue. Angelo sat next to me and Brent next to Clara. "

"Afternoon Clara ."

"Angelo. "
Brent waved and I waved back. Angelo gave me a kiss and I kissed him back . I pulled back and looked at him but he looked away. He was crying. We ordered lunch and talked . Clara and Brent had to cut lunch short. They had to go back home. The kids were due back . Gio was still with Carl and Caleb and the twins were with my mother.

"You've been quiet. What's wrong."
I looked away

"Nothing . Let's just go home."
I stood up and walked out to the car . As soon as Angelo opened the SUV. I hopped; in closed the door and pretended to be busy on my phone. When we pulled up into the parking bay. I tried to open the door but it was locked .

"We aren't going out until you come clean. I messed up this morning . I know ."

" Its okay."

" I'm also keeping something from you."

" Please tell me.Blue you wake up shivering cold in the morning and you panic every time I'm not where you can keep an eye on me."

" That's because I don't want to lose you."

"You won't ."

I unbuckled my Seat belt and he did the same . He took the keys out but didn't unlock the car. He proceeded to go to the back seat and I followed . I had a flashback about our first weekend together.

" Okay."

"Okay. "

I placed my head on his shoulder and he held me closer .He took a deep breath and started to speak.

" The accident that almost killed you was caused by a rival gang. The two weeks you went missing were the worst. My whole world stopped and I didn't know how I was going to carry on without you."

Angelo's grip on my body tighten and I and I kissed his cheek which felt damp on my lips and I wiped his other cheek with my other hand.

"Are you going to tell me about your shipping schedule."

"Yes and the club. No more secrets. I kept thinking what if I told you ?"

"Then stop thinking and tell me ."

" My dad was head of an organized crime gang. When I inherited Massa and Paul inherited stone we merged and became one. Paul allowed me to take the lead given my history. I killed people. Anyone who dared mess with my family. It got more intense when the twins were born and you weren't talking to me . The night we got back together and there were cops... They had a hit on me. We thought we got rid of the whole lot but the coast had a few of them left. I went after them after my birthday. I thought I had lost you until that night at the Farmhouse. I died and came back to life. I don't want our kids to grow up like I did."

I pulled back and locked eyes with him

" Is that it ?"

" I drank a whole bottle of vodka ."

"Okay. Thank you for telling me.You're also not to blame for our baby dying ."

"I also need to ask you one more thing ..."

"Anything."

" How does dinner sound?"

"It sounds like Angelo sucking up."

" I'd be on my hands and knees if our space wasn't limited. "

"Where?"

"Home."

" Okay..."

(C) #KCMmuoe