Chapter 42- Shots fired✅

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe

Cleo

I love taking walks. Walks help me clear my mind and put things into perspective. This morning I took walk outside instead of jog; because I needed clearance from my doctor if it was alright to start jogging again. I'm scared that I might hurt my babies if I don't do things correctly. I needed to talk to Jane , more importantly I needed to reprimand Jane for what he was doing with Paul Nicolai isn't aware but he has a knack for spotting the unusual or obvious. I was outside the about to knock on the door when I heard a loud bang and I ran into the forest to hide. First of all the noises triggered panic and a flight response followed after. By the time I heard the second gunshot I had ran and hid behind one of the large oaks . I heard the commotion around the cottage and someone screaming for Nicolai to open the door . Since attention was shifted to the cottage; I wanted to run back to the house because I was feeling unsafe but I wasn't thinking straight because the moment I stood up I heard a gun cock. I closed my eyes and lifted my hands in surrender . I saw his shoes before I saw his face and I begged him not to shoot me. He gave one of his men the gun and ran to me to give me a hug . I was shaking cold on a warm day.

"Cleo ... Honey ?"

I started crying and shaking my head .

"Jane is in there with him . What if he got trigger happy ?"

Angelo kissed my forehead and locked eyes with me.

"He wouldn't .He loves her. I need to get you back inside the house Safe and sound ."

"No ... Not until I know Jane is safe ."

Angelo gave me another hug and took out his phone to dial a number.

"Nicolai. What's going on?"

Angelo didn't let go of me until he finished the conversation Which didn't take long, because he handed me the phone.

"Jane are you okay?"

"Cleo its Nicolai . Jane is okay she just doesn't want to talk to anyone. She was attacked by some guy who thought she was you."

"Oh my word no ..."

"Don't blame yourself ."

"How can I not blame myself . I was scared you got angry."

"I love her to bits I wouldn't hurt her or you ."

"I'm sorry."

"Its okay. You're not safe . Rachel knows about your pregnancy."

"How ? "

"Angelo will tell you . Don't bail or run ."

" Why?"

"Rachel has men stationed at all of your hide out spots ."

"I'm not going to ask you how do you know. "

"Stay with the boss. "

"Okay will do ."

"Thank you. "

Nicolai hung up and Angelo led me to a golf cart . Once I was seated I gave him his phone and went all quiet. It took a couple of minuets to get to the house and I stepped out of the cart art and walked inside the house. Something felt off the the minuet I opened the door . when I turned the corner I saw him ... I tried to stifle my mouth from a scream but I couldn't. He had a gun. Angelo came in from behind me

" get out of our home!"

Angelo quickly stood in front of me. I couldn't understand why he was here and how he gained access . I saw a look on the intruders face that I knew too well. I knew how to handle him then but he had changed so much, and I had my own flesh an blood to consider. I knew he was being paid by Rachel because she would stop at nothing to make sure I don't end up with her step son

"Duncan put the gun down. You don't have a problem with your cousin but I know Rachel convinced you otherwise. Remember us before you turned."

Duncan put the gun on the kitchen counter and I moved closer . Angelo stood still and he didn't try stop me , he must have noticed the same thing I did. Duncan wasn't himself.

"It wasn't me I wasn't in control and now Gio knows and I not only scared him but Nina too. I didn't know where to go, but you get me."

Duncan sunk to the floor and put his head in his palms . I looked at Angelo and his face registered jealousy and anger . I walked back to him and gave him a hug and a kiss.

"Blue let me handle this."

"He's trying to get to me. He hurt you ... Don't please let the guys kick him out they are on their way ."

"He has a dual personality disorder..."

"What no way ."

"Let me handle this part of him before he goes rouge and kills someone ."

" let me get my men... We are going to be parents... He almost killed you."

"You're pregnant! You're mine. So is Nina and Gio ... Nobody but me know where they are ."

Duncan looked at me with bloodshot eyes. I knew it deep down in my heart he had done something to his son and girlfriend. How did my Sunday get so messed up...

"Cleopatra stop being stubborn . Nicolai is on his way . "

"Gio and Nina are in trouble. "

"I don't care about them . I care about you and right now you're testing my patience. You can't help him."

I ignored his last comment and turned around only to be gently pulled back. Duncan stood up and grabbed the gun that was on the kitchen counter and aimed it at Angelo .

"Massa you can't have it all . See your step mother told me you were dumb when it came to women ... But you managed to knock up the one girl I wanted back . You haven't asked her to marry you so she's still up for grabs. "

Angelo pulled out a gun too and aimed it at Duncan. He was still shielding me with his frame.

"She's off limits . "

"She was mine first."

"You almost killed her."

" You just had to save her and knocked her up!"

"I'd do it again in a heart beat . "

"Oh then why haven't you asked her to marry you. Unless you're planning on cutting her loose ."

"I won't ."

"Liar!"

Duncan aimed the gun at Angelo.

"Duncan no ! Dunk put the gun down."

I heard the door open and the security team barged inside the house taking aim at Duncan. I blinked once and it felt like I was watching a movie. The sound the guns made deafening sounds. I was dragged away from Angelo's grip by Nicolai . I blinked again and Angelo on the floor bleeding from the head . I realized at that moment that I should have listened to him instead of being arguing, and being so stubborn. He can't be gone ...No he can't be

TBC🔜

©#KCMmuoe

TBC🔜

©2017 #KCMmuoe