Chapter 56 Birthday ✔

Angelo

Cleo has been on edge since we flew down to Capetown. I remember reading in a section when I did a background on her that; she had an ex who lived here . I mean what are the odds of him cropping up and giving me a run for my money. I haven't seen how he looks like but he has the same name as the guy who sold me the house. He said he was coming over this morning to see if everything was okay .

I woke up alone this morning and Cleo was next to me . It was a Sunday and I do remember last night... We didn't sleep angry at each other. Cleo promised to wake me up if she wakes up . She didn't do that this morning she was out cold snorining lightly on my chest. For the first time in a while I slept like a rock.

Everything felt right and today felt different I was growing a year older . My dad wished me happy Birthday this morning and I hadn't checked my social media pages. I'm still not talking with my mother, and when Cleo brought it up during dinner last night I told her not to feel guilty . I'd always choose her... Always .

Cleo started moving an indication she was waking up . Her eyelids flutterd open and she locked eyes with me. I can never get tired of looking at her dark browns they are home.

"Bella mia. Good morning my babe ."

Cleo slid up to kiss my neck and look at me again.

"Happy Birthday Blue . "

I leaned down to kiss her and she kissed me back smiling .

"Thank you babe ... So what did you get me ?"

"You'll have to hunt around the house for your gift and, since we are visiting and you neglected to tell me that you convinced work to give me two weeks off... I had to do something."

" I really?"

" Yes ."

" What about birthaday sex?"

" You're adicted ."

"To you. I can't get enough."

Cleo leaned into my shoulder and chuckled

"Hmm and we need to get ready. If you're struggling to find your gift tell me. We need to get where I'm taking you on time."

"Its my birthday."

"The twins and Gio are here ."

" That means I can't have you the way I want ."

"Selfish much . I miss the kids."

" I don't like sharing on my birthday."

"You do. You're just behaving like a two year old ."

"Are you atleast going to give me an idea?"

""Baby."

"That's it ?"

" Yes Blue."

Cleo got off me and dissapeared to go get ready and she had a look about her that set off alarm bells in a good way.By the time we were done it was was well after eleven in the morning and she was dressed in a dark blue knee high dress black leather jacket and ankel boots with black leggings. I was dressed in a black jacket, blue shirt and black slacks with shoes to match . I felt something rectangular in my pocket and I found it . Just as I was about to open it Cleo looked me and shook her head.

"My gift should be the last one you open."

" Cleo I already have watches for days."

"Its not a watch..."

I opened the box and found something that made my heart swell and burst with joy . She shot me a look of betrayal but she smiled.

"You like?"

"I love it . I love you. I'm wearing it. How?"

I ran to give her a hug and kiss her when she pulled back and I locked eyes with her and I saw fear , meaning that she was afraid of telling me something but she was holding back. I heard her phone ring ;she let go of me to answer it and grabbed her bag .

"Blue we should get going. "

I followed Cleo downstairs and she seemed a bit distant she was keeping something.

"Cleo Breakfast can wait for a bit you're more important ."

"You're not wearing my gift."

I looked down on my wrist and I had forgotten it on the counter . The bell rang and Cleo gave me an inquisitive look.

" This conversation isn't over ."

"Go finish getting dressed I will get the door ."

I ran upstairs to go finish getting ready and I also took the ring I had designed for Cleo with me . When I made my way downstairs I heard Cleo laugh when I peaked over the staircase. Ryan was laughing too and Cleo went silent. I saw Ryan hug Cleo and she pulled back and wiped her tears.

"Does Angelo know ?"

"Nope; I can see it in his eyes though, he thinks I'm holding back. How does a man choose between his mom and girlfriend who he hasn't married yet. "

" He loves you. He speaks about you with passion and you can see it in his eyes. He told me about you and you know what I thought ? "

"What? That he is making a mistake?"

" A beautiful mistake that's worth everything and more. You have adorable babies; an adopted son and a wonderful relationship. I just sold him the house. He built it from scratch. He told me it was for his family."

"What this man sees in me, I don't know."

Ryan kissed Cleo's hand and smiled.

"What I saw in you and what Rosa missed. Your heart ... I can see it in your eyes you really love Massa and he is deserving of your love and the surprise you have for him . "

Ryan gave Cleo a peck on the cheek .

"Thank you Ryan."

"Anytime hun. I have to go; tell Massa we'll reschedule. Perhaps even double date ."

I walked down the stairs towards Cleo who was calmer and when she looked at me my heart skipped a beat. I slid my hands around her waist and gave her a kiss on her temple.

" We'd love that very much Ryan. I didn't know you knew each other... We have to get going Cleo."

Ryan gave me the thumbs up and left. Cleo gave me a hug and I hugged her back.

" I love you Angelo,"

"Love you more."

"I'm. Pregnant

© #KCMmuoe