Chapter 14 - Brunch and Formalities✅

All rights reserved
© 2017 #KCMmuoe
Angelo

I've always been cautious with my heart . Truth be told I have been called many things from; stubborn, stuck up , heartless , ice Prince and many other words. I am capable of love and loving unconditionally. My track record of women I've been with does exist; but this however is different and its not because I've lost Giovanni to my ex wife. Cleo wants me to go and see someone with regards to dealing with bereavement. I've gotten so used to waking up and eating breakfast, making lunch , and having dinner with Gio. I was a very hands on father I went through his notices, did homework with him and every now and then Sophia his teacher would drop me a note.

Sophia cheated on me with Duncan after she found out what I did in my past. I was hired to do a lot of stuff by these people. The last job I did for them was on the same day I saved Cleo. She had lost a lot of blood when I found her on the side of the road. I didn't see her then but she looks better and more beautiful. She's not soiled in blood or struggling to breathe. Out of the most stressful night of my life, something beautiful and unexpected came my way. Duncan deserved every punch I gave him. If he ever lays a hand on Cleo I will make sure he pays.

Sophia was Giovanni's teacher . She had a crush on me and I knew that because she always left me notes , that later became requests, leading to numbers being exchanged and her ending up at one of my apartments not penthouse . I wasn't in love , she was or so I thought until I found out she was sleeping with Duncan ...that traitor. I used protection every time . The only time I didn't was with Nina but she did. Cleo had me try out the feather light variant of a popular brand and it felt awesome. I can't remember half of Friday night all I remember is taking Cleo over and over again on her bed and the weather was playing along . I have to admit she was ... Amazing not once during our love making sessions was I bored. I get why she left the company and turned down my offer to come back and work for me. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to keep my feelings in check and my hands off her .

I was sitting in my favourite corner of the pub/restaurant that hadn't changed and for the longest of times it has been my favourite place to go to. It was hidden and no one would come looking for me here when I was angry as a kid. Cleo was the first girl I brought to my secret place and I was happy. The restaurant had a stunning view of the mountains and you could also hear the water run .

Thing is that since day one she didn't see me as Michelangelo Massa the spoilt brat , strict father ...well not a father anymore and a heartless cold human being everyone says I am.

Cleo saw me for the guy I was and the guy I could be. In a short space of time . She easily thawed the ice around my heart when I told her my darkest secret and she didn't judge me or make me feel bad in anyway, she understood my pain and asked how to remedy the hurt I was going through. I wanted to tell her I was the one who saved her the night she almost died, the timing wasn't right . I loved where we were seated because it was private and the seats were comfy . I could sit across or next to my date. Cleo orderd some hot chocolate and I ordered the same . They made the best Chicken pot pies and I ordered two . The waiter was eyeing Cleo. She didn't notice but I did and in unsettled me. I had already been in one fight I didn't want another .Out of respect for my girl I kept my cool.

"Blue. Are you okay?"

I moved Cleo closer to me by gently pulling her around her waist .

"No. That waiter is eyeing you."

Cleo kissed my jaw and I smiled .

"I didn't notice maybe I was busy looking at the guy who captured my heart. Thank you for ordering my favourite meal ."

"I didn't know you liked Chicken pot pie."

"Besides the meatballs sub's you make . I like it. "

I saw the waiter coming from the corner of my eye and I Kissed Cleo's forehead and she kissed my neck.

"Seems like your green eyed monster has come out to play. Your eyes go all stormy and dark and you're touching me more and kissing me ..."

"I'm marking what's mine. "

"Didn't you do that last night ? Both my boobs have hickies ... All over."

"Your caramel scented body butter is to blame . You're sweet and I'm not talking about the way you taste ."

The waiter came to give us our meal and I smiled at him ,but he winced back at me. When Cleo said thank you , he smiled at her and told her to enjoy the meal. Cleo had her hand in mine and she didn't let go until he left.

"The bruise and minor cut scared him. Let it go Azzuri . You've had enough for one day let's just enjoy our meal and go home."

I took out my set of keys and took out the spare one.

"Speaking of home. I have a house I share with Nicolai."

"Jane did say something about it on Saturday. Are afraid of being alone?"

" No but I want you to feel welcome at any time at both my homes ."
I gave her the key and she clicked it on her set and put them back in her purse.

"Thank you."

"I love you. "

"Love you more Blue. "

Once we were done with the meal and back on our way home. Cleo was quiet again or so I thought. I looked across and she had fallen asleep . I could see her scar because her was turned away. My heart started burning at the thought of her in pain. In no time we were at her complex. She wasn't waking up when I kissed her cheek so I took one of the roses from the bunch I bought her and tickled her face .
Her eyes slowly opened and she smiled at me.

"Am I dreaming?"

"No are you okay ?"

"Just tired .I almost forgot to tell you . I have an interview at Paul Stone tomorrow morning at ten."

"Okay . Noted."

"Was there something on our food? I'm feeling drained."

Cleo wasn't looking good she had gone a bit pale .I hadn't noticed . I placed my palm on her neck and she was burning up. I was fine . She must have eaten something that didn't agree with her. When we both walked out the car she looked sick.
"I'm not leaving you like this Bella ."

I was sitting on the bed with her on my lap .

"Work"

"I'm the boss ."

"I'm sorry "

"Don't be . I want to be here ... "

"I think I ate something."
"The Waiter was too nice. I remember him. This is all my fault...

© 2017 #KCMmuoe