Bonus Chapter

Cleo

It happened so fast; one minute I was having ice cream with Gio outside by the pool ,the next Rachel was charging towards us and shooting. Giovanni is like a son to me and I love him as much as I love Pio and Pia . All I remember was that;

I jumped across the table to protect Gio,and Mr Massa shot me by mistake trying to shoot Rachel . I remember the piercing pain I felt on my abdomen and nothing after that. I was taking a trip out of town to think clearly and on my way I stopped to tell Gio and the Massa's I was going to another province for a couple of days to ; clear my head and figure out if I wanted to marry Angelo . I had left him a letter that I wrote saying;

"Dear Blue

By the time you read this letter I will be gone. I was sure when I said yes. Now I'm not so sure. I need time to think... Without you influencing my decisions... I love you but your drinking has gotten out of control. I found your hidden empty bottles in the utility room. For the first time since we got back together I was scared you'd try do what you did when I was pregnant with the twins. I need time .

I love you yes but I can't lose myself . I am not breaking up with you.

Our relationship has suffered a lot of set backs and we've had stronger comebacks.

I loved Ryan as a teen but I stopped loving him when he showed his true colours. He can't be trusted . I personally think he's working with the enemy. I'd stay and work things out ,but I want to make it look like I left you ... Brent or Carl will see me word will spread among the guys that you messed up. I left my phone, jewellery and notebook . I will explain to Gio what's going on. Please review your security and men. I think Ryan is to the rival gang what Nico is to your family. Me leaving is a decoy . I programmed my new number in a phone I left in your leather jacket. I will tell your dad everything and I will call you as soon as I'm safe.

P.s. I wont be gone too long.

Ti amero .

Bella."

Truth be told I want to marry him . Ryan was a direct threat to our happiness. He was the one who ran me off the road and thought he had killed me. He was in cahoots with Rachel. I knew that because he had a detailed explanation for every hole I needed to fill and my memory came back . What I saw was his face.

*************

I needed to wake up and come back to my family. I needed to fight . I was slowly coming around and all I could feel was cold except for the feeling of someone's warm hand in mine.

Who was he? I took in a sharp breath trying to handle the painful burning sensation on my head and stomach. The guy who was holding my hand; called for the doctor and came back to my side.

"Cleo... honey hey . I'm here my babe I'm here. Ryan won't get to you I promise . Why didn't you just tell me ? I would have dealt with him sooner. "

" Who are you?"

I knew I sounded terrible but I was happy to be awake.

"Cleo its me your fiancé."

I was feeling out of sorts. Who was this guy ? I am not in any relationship and well he is kind of hot .

I took a deep breath and looked at a really handsome face. Even though he had a beard on his face; he could easily walk into any room and set it on fire. I tried to reach for the glass of water on the table but , he gently adjusted my pillow and gave me the glass of water and straw. Once I was done he kissed my forehead and looked at me all puply eyed.

"You are way too cute. I am so sorry what's your name ?"

"Michelangelo Massa."

" I am Cleo... K"

I was supposed to finish talking but he cut me

"Cleo Kwena ."

I nodded and gave him a blank look. He said nothing , tool out his phone and he was about to show me something when the doctor came in.

"Afternoon Michel. Hey Cleo how are you feeling today friend?"

What the heck is going on. Am I also friends with a doctor?

" Hi. Who are you ?"

The doctor started checking my vitals and shon a mini light at my eyes which hurt my head. I blinked hard .

" Sorry about that. I am Dr Brent Perelli. What do you remember? "

I looked at both men and spoke;

" I am single and I am a workaholic. I do my boss's work for her. She's barely in the office. I am good friends with Brendan and Jane. I was supposed to meet them at the club for a party. Hey wait ...Michelangelo's eyes look familiar... he was with Jane's guy . Hmm Nicolia I think. At the food market . All I know is that its Saturday April 5 2018 and last I checked it was five in the evening. "

"Oh okay . Do you know my wife? "

Michelangelo stood still and the doctor nodded.

" Nope. "

"Why am I here ?"

Michelangelo moved from where he was to my bedside and held my hand.

"You were involved in an accident. You almost died. "

Feeling overwhelmed I started crying . Everything hurt.

"What's the date today?"

The doctor winced at me.

" Friday May 31 2019."

"Why can't I remember any of you ? How did I end up here. "

All rights reserved

© #KCMmuoe

Tbc🔜