Chapter 34 - Balancing life✅

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe

Angelo

I'm not a first time father. I've been through it all; well at least that's what I thought. No matter how well things are going, you can't help but worry. I had first hand experience with Gio. Everything you do affects them on some level; be it emotionally or mentally, it will reflect in their behavior. The counselling and therapy is working and I'm doing okay. Bella scared me when she said she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. It turns out we were not expecting one, but two babies. Before we could go home while we were waiting for the doctor we talked about the day I almost died and how Carl and Paul found me before I was too far gone. Paul being Paul gave Cleo Tuesday off but I had to go to work and sort out the mess Ruth made . We were at the main house and I left early so that I could be home by lunchtime. By six in the morning I was already out ; it took me fifteen minutes to get to work. I had set a reminder on my phone to check on Cleo every three hours . I missed her already and I could feel it in my bones that this relationship was different on so many levels .
Three hours later I picked up the phone and dialed Cleo's numbers. Her phone just rang which set off alarm bells . she should already be up by now. When I heard her voicemail; I hung up, and opened the tracking app. The app pinpointed her exactly at the house. I called Nicolai to go check up on her and within five minuets he came back to me saying ; Cleo was not on the grounds or in the house. As calm as I was my heart rate sped up. Where the hell was she? I called Blake in and he came in the office that was once Ruth's.

"Mr Massa?"

"Come in and close the door."

Blake sat across me all confused; I could tell by the way he scrunched his face."

"If this is about Brendan , I wasn't involved. "

"It's not. Have you spoken to Cleo? She's gone MIA."

" Nope . She's probably gone out shopping or something .You're using your phone?"

"Yes I am and don't give that look."

"What look?"

" The oh you remembered to check up on your girlfriend look."

" I will try not to. Although its a miracle you know how to use that thing. Give her some space ."

"I want to talk to her. "

" She'll talk to you . She probably went out to have some Cleo time. That's what people do on their days off. "

"I can't help but worry."

" I understand. She's pregnant with your baby too and since you are keeping Brendan away from her she doesn't get to talk as much ."

"Brendan is trouble."

"Jane and I knew that, but Cleo chose to see the good in him. We saw him through Cleo's eyes and he isn't trouble he mixes with trouble."

"I'm seriously worried . Track her down for me please."

"Wow you have such good manners today."

"I'm in a good mood ."

"You should be. You have the best girl and my PA sensors think you are considering asking her to Mary you."

"I don't pay you to predict, I pay you to do as I say."

Blake looked at his phone and started typing away. He looked at me and smiling.

"Cleo forgot her phone on the kitchen island ."

"Where is she ?"

"Having a breakfast meeting."

"With who at nine fifty five in the morning ?"