Chapter 67 Messed up✔

Angelo

I love being with Cleo ; however this morning she surprised me with breakfast and for the first time in a while we had a family meal with Gio, Pio, Pia , Nicolai,Carlo, and Caleb.

I love the fact that we are neighbours with Carl and Caleb. The boys and I were due for a night out so that meant the ladies would stay at home with the kids . I asked Cleo if I could go and have fun with the gang and she said; yes. .

I worry about leaving her on her own but I know she's okay . She told me she would call if she needed anything; besides the gnawing feeling in my gut to cancel my plans with the guys and spend time with Cleo instead ...I acted on impulse and again I know she won't deny me anything so I decided to go.

Carlo; Brent ,Nicolai , and I went in my car and Paul said he would meet us at Carlo's restaurant which was booked out for the night . Cleo was going to be alone but she promised to keep her phone with her at all times. Brent had sent the wife and kids away to their country house for the weekend . The deal was we go shoot the breeze at Carlo's restaurant and have a sleep over at Brent's . Giovanni was with my parents and the twins were with Cleo's mom .

As soon as we arrived at the restaurant I called Cleo and she didn't pick up. I called her again an hour later still nothing. The guys had called me to the table our meal was ready. I didn't touch any hard stuff I only had a glass of wine with my meal and before we left I helped myself to gelatto for Cleo, courtesy of Carl who had it in his fridge. I felt bad for leaving her on her own and I still has an offish feeling like I shouldn't have left her alone.

When we made it back to the estate the guys suggested ; I go back home and spend time with Cleo, because I wasn't focused and they could see that I missed her.

As soon as we arrived I went straight to the house and let myself in . It was well after ten in the evening and I thought Cleo would be asleep by now , but she wasn't. She was in her home office arguing on the phone with whoever was on the other line. I stood outside and eves dropped .

" Ryan you work for the Massa's. You cannot honestly tell me why the hell Rachel caused the car accident that almost killed me? Angelo said it was a rival gang . He still blames himself and even though he doesn't say it he still feels like its his fault. It isn't his fault and my heart breaks for him because;I can't tell him that his step mother called the hit. Nico confessed to me three days back that; Angelo was fed the wrong information..."

I stepped into the office and Cleo saw me. I wasn't angry when I walked in however I was pissed for many reasons.

"Cleo put that phone on loud speaker now !"

She pivoted her head to the side and shot me a look of betrayal.

"What are you doing back home early?"

" I'm.not asking you again! "

'Don't shout at me.I'm talking to my friend"

"How long has this been going on for?"

"Are you serious right now? "

"Yes!"

Something in me must have snapped because Cleo hasn't been the same since we returned from the coast. Granted we were working through what happened together but Cleo talking to Ryan without telling me wasn't fair. He was a medium limit boarder lining on hard, and given the way I'm feeling at the moment extreme. Cleo looked at me in disbelief and did as she was told.

"Ryan you're on loud speaker."

" Okay ... What's going on?"

Before Cleo could answer I cut in .