Chapter 52 - Recovery✔

All Rights Reserved
© 2019 #KCMmuoe

Angelo

The gang shooting on Friday evening wasn't a mistake. I knew it was planned . The only way to counteract b trouble is to know when its coming. Nico had warned me that there was fire on the mountain. After the week I had an accident. Thank goodness Paul and Carlo came to the rescue. I didn't want Cleo knowing about what really goes in at the club . I have to eventually tell her. I'm not using but I'm taking anxiety pills and on occasion sleeping pills if missing Cleo gets too much.

I hadn't taken them all week so when the shooting happened I knew how to handle it. I'm still mad as hell at my father ; not for keeping my mother hidden , but for watching me almost die but I didn't he made sure I got the right help. It turns out the people who hired me to kill before I met Cleo were my own family . When my father gave me Massa he gave me everything that came with it . He said I was fit enough given what I did in the past . I didn't get the option of pulling out . My biggest worry is about Pio . My son has to grow up and take over . I don't want the kind of life where he has to keep looking behind his back. So last week I had a meeting with my father to get rid of the bad guys and keep the good . He miraculously agreed and understood. I've been so caught up with making things right that I had forgotten about the most important person that I needed to make things right with.

I know Cleo had been taking strain because of what happened three months ago . She forgave me and stood up for me even when I didn't deserve it . I love her and I want her to be my ever after . My mother has tried to reach out to her but she isn't ready . I saw it in her eyes yesterday during breakfast . It's taken a lot for her to agree to let the twins visit my parents. Cleo has been through the most. She's been cut off from most of the people she regarded as friends. I haven't gotten strange looks just the cold shoulder. Brent told me Sophia and company had ganged up on her. My poor baby ...
I still have the ring my mother gave me . I put it in my jewelry box . I'm pretty sure I want her to be my ever after . I haven't known her that long but I know it in my soul that she's the one . It's Sunday morning and I'm wrapped up in skin under covers with Bella and it's just gone nine thirty . Last night was amazing... I don't want to be away from Cleo for as long as I was ; I miss mornings like this and I really want to have Cleo all to myself;
I can just send Nicolai to fetch Gio and the twins and take a raincheck on any plans I had. I reached for my phone and sent a text ;placed my phone on the night stand , and I couldn't resist the urge to kiss Cleo and wake her up .

"Na ah I'm not going anywhere."

Her voice sounded a bit hoarse and she wrinkled her nose and opened her eyes.

"Morning Bella. Sleep well?"

"Aha. You?"

"I slept comfortably. I'm still all snug and warm ."

Cleo locked eyes with me and smirked.

"Blue ..."

"Pull out I need to clean up and go fetch the twins .Gio too on the way back."

"No."

"Why?"

"Its already been taken care of . I also have something to show you."

"Really... "

"Yes ."

"Okay ... Please pull out before I make you wish you had Massa . "

"I like it when you get all bossy. You should do that all the time."

Cleo started untangling herself from me

I reluctantly did as I was told and we both cleaned up; dressed, and made breakfast. Cleo was quiet which made me worry.

"Cleo what's wrong my babe?"

"Nothing . I'm just thinking about the weekend. "

"Sharing is caring."

Cleo chuckled and kisses me and I kissed her back harder . She stood up to go put the dishes in the dishwasher and I disappeared into the main bedroom to look for my mother's ring .
When I found it I put it in my pocket . I heard Clo calling my name and I peaked my head out only to find her with her hands on her hips looking suspicious.

"What on earth are you up to Massa? "

"Nothing my angel. Sneaking up on me hmm."

Cleo squint her eyes at me and pout her lips .

"Aren't you supposed to be at mass already ? "

"No .I'm not going today; and we just had breakfast. You're trying to decoy me and I spoke to Father Anthony last night . "

"He's at a different parish. Why?"

"The parish we've been going to isn't nourishing to my soul and spirit. We need a change of scenery and the twins can't grow up in a hostile environment. "

Cleo sat at on the edge of the bed and looked at me. I smiled ; walked out of the closet , sat next to her and hugged her .

"I understand. I was also talking to him . I love your concept of guilt free sex . We need to do things right ."

Cleo pulled back and looked at me all emotional .

"What? You've never liked my concept."

"That was before we spent time apart, and last night was the first night that everything made sense. It made realise that I want to spend not just every weekend , but everyday with you."

Cleo wiped her tears with both her hands and I gently lifted her chin and kissed her .

"I'm not going back to the villa with you. I don't want to . It triggers a lot of sinister feelings."

I hugged Cleo and held her close. She was shaking and I hated the fact that I made her this way. I started soothing her and she went lax .

"Hush now my babe. We aren't going there . We won't go there okay. I will build another house and we can do it together and make new memories. "

She nodded her head still in my arms.

" What are you up to Blue?"

I leaned back to look at Cleo and I took her by the hand and led her to a part of the penthouse that had been in development for nine months. It was completed a month ago and brought me to tears when I saw it . I just hoped Cleo would love it as much as I do .

"Are you okay ?"
"Aha why haven't I seen this part of the house before?"

"I helped build it when we were apart. I gained a bit of muscle too and the scar on my neck . "

I opened the door and Cleo burst into years .

"Oh my word Blue. I ... I don't know what to say ... Oh my word you ... You did this?"

"Yes do you like it?"

© 2019 #KCMmuoe