Chapter 53 - Reconnection ✔

All Rights Reserved
©2018 #KCMmuoe

Cleo

When I woke up next to Angelo on Sunday morning, I didn't expect him to do what he did. The thing about him is that; he's always been predictable. I know what to expect with him because he is inflexible... When he says he's not budging , he won't budge , if he has an opinion it won't change. Something has to happen in order for him to see that he was wrong in order for him to bend. I usually challenge him but to keep him guessing is more fun .

After breakfast three days ago ; he showed me a room he helped build for the twins. It was totally unexpected. Angelo made me cry tears of joy yesterday. My heart has always swelled with love for him; now its overflowing and flooding with so much more . Rosa is coming through with the twins today and I'm also taking a half day to spend some time with my babies . I only kissed Angelo good morning and clocked I'm early . At six in the morning I was already working and I wasn't the least bit tired . I missed Pio and Pia and I was worried but it was only a couple of hours before I could see them. Midday could not come soon enough. My half day meant that Maria too had a half day and I know she spent time with Blake over the weekend; because she been clinical with my filing system .Blake on the other hand can't stop talking about my PA he is totally and utterly smitten... Which is funny because he's finding reasons to spend more time in my department . My phone started blowing up at eleven thirty with message after message from Angelo . All I knew was that he was on his way downstairs and I could tell by his texts he was angry , question was why and what the hell happened?

When I sat down behind my desk; took a deep breath and downed whatever water was left in my glass , my office door flung open the moment I put it down.
Angelo slammed the door and shot me a look of betrayal.

"Hey Blue."

I smiled and he didn't smile back what did I do now. Angelo was wearing his white golf tee with
Navy blue slacks and black shoes.

"Don't you hey Blue me right now . I am so angry at you . Why didn't you tell me about the twins and you being attacked ?"

Everything started to make sense...

" I did tell you on Sunday morning ."

Angelo sat down still blazing with fury.

"You didn't tell me how serious it was. She slammed into your car..."

"She did bit she didn't hurt the twins and it was deliberate."

"Why didn't you go to the cops and sue her for anything."

I calmed down after feeling a bit unsettled.

" I couldn't. Your mother wants to make me look like I'm reckless and unfit to be a mother. "

"What ? "

"If I go to the cops its going to go on record. Jane's brother is a lawyer . He is able to spin the story to make it look like I'm at fault."

Angelo walked around my desk and knelt in front of me . I was close to tears because I omitted parts of the story ... I didn't want to ruin the surprise he had on Sunday by being a wet blanket.

"Wait Jane's brother ... The one who had a crush on you? "

I nodded.

" Yes .I rejected his requests numerous times. I'm madly and deeply in love with the father of my babies."

Angelo gave me a hug and a kiss on my temple.

"My mother means well. "
I pulled back and he stood up to go to the bathroom . Rosa was on her way up with my son . Pia was spending the day with my mother . I knew they were near because I faintly heard Sue cooing and Samuel greeting Rosa
"Does she ?"

"Yes . I need to freshen up Bella see you in a bit."

He gave me a peck on my cheek and headed to the bathroom . Rosa strolled in with Pio in the car seat . I missed my baby boy so much . As soon as Rosa placed him down; I ran to unbuckle him and shower him with kissed . He had my features except for his eyes which were his fathers .

"Hello my angel we missed you. Did you enjoy your time with Nana and Nanó. Pio started baby talking and I reached in his baby bag to get his bottle and feed him. As soon as I say down Rosa started talking.

"Cleo . "

"Rosa?"

"I would still like Jane to be with my son . I accepted the fact that he fathered your children ; but don't you for one second think I'm giving your relationship a thumb's up..."

I put Pio's bottle down and stared soothing him .

"Rosa don't start . I love my babies and Angelo too. "

" He for some reason loves you; but he won't stick around. The week Jane accidentally smashed into you he asked for my ring. He is going to marry Jane not you. So whatever hopes you have of getting back together . You can forget them."

"Yes ma'am . I got that the first time you threatened to make me look unfit and take my babies away. I also knew if I went to the cops I would be given the run around ."

"Smart girl. You know I thought you'd just be a distraction. My son ended up falling for you. When Jane drugged him we thought you'd leave him. You two should co-parent ."

My son was slowly falling asleep in my arms and I didn't notice Angelo standing by the bathroom door until I saw the look of embarrassment on Rosa's face.

"Okay. Please leave."

Angelo spoke calmly when saw Pio in my arms.

"Mom... Why? I love Cleopatra."

"She's not Massa material... And you know it."

"She is . I asked you for the ring because I want her to have it."

"No!"

Pio woke up at the sound of Rosa screaming and started crying.
©2018 #KCMmuoe