Chapter 12- Truth, Drama,or confrontation✅

All rights reserved©2017 #KCMmuoe

Angelo

I'm in love. There I said it. I'm in love with a woman who is ; not of my class and race. It started out as a cord a strong connection in fact that developed into a bond within a matter of days. Even though we have merged our energies together; I fear losing her . Maybe Cleo might run but I will always want to protect her. I saw how my step mother looked at her and not only did I feel embarrassed but I was disappointed. My real mother would have loved her . My father and son do and that's enough for me . I cannot believe I'm sitting on the same table as my ex wife , her sister and my ex girlfriend. Thomas has been our neighbour for years ,we've been friends since I moved to South Africa he's sort of family and Paul is like the brother I've never had, funny enough he was with me when I first saw Cleo at the Market. He's dad and my dad are friends and we are best friends. When Gio mentioned that Thomas knew Cleo I was concerned. Not because he was hanging around my son but Cleo had tensed up and her eyes held fear . Thomas was Duncan's surname. It couldn't be... Could it? Is Thomas the guy who Cleo was talking about? Cleo looked at me and then at Giovanni, smiled and nodded . Rachel my step mother saw this as chance to make Cleo uncomfortable .

"Cleo I'm sure you've met Nikki . Nina is my ex daughter in law who's now living with us .Why did you and Duncan break up? "

The food was starting to make its way around the table most of the food had pork in it and I had noticed Cleo didn't have any meat only veggies and Gio's subs.
Nikki also pitched in.

"He's amazing . Why Cleo?"

" It just didn't feel right and I couldn't handle being in a relationship where I felt like I was always under siege. "

Nina also asked a question.

"How did you and Michel meet?"

I held her hand underneath the table and didn't let go. I interrupted her by answering;

"I met Cleo at the Farmer's Market . We are still new."

I winked at Paul and he said something unexpected.

"I like Cleo . I stole her bottle of wine and she let me."

Rachel smiled smugly.

" what does she know about wine?"

" A lot Rachel. She knows what wine goes with which meal.
I met her at the Market too. Angelo couldn't stop talking about her for weeks."

Ruth also jumped in

"When did she get time because all I made her do was my job for me and she worked weekends too ."

Cleo went quiet and she started eating what was on her plate which wasn't much. Compared to yesterday when I made her dinner she ate a bit more . This wasn't going well even Paul was trying to lighten the blows.

Nina laughed at the remark Ruth made .Duncan also joined in.

"Cleo you've lost weight . Are you all right ?"

" Michel I thought you liked them curvy not black and almost scrawny. "

"Nina Cleo is curvy she just knows how to dress for her body. Take back that racist remark."

"No I meant every word."

"Angelo you can honestly do better. She hasn't even touched the meat her plate isn't full. Cleo do you have a problem with my cooking?"

Cleo tried to speak but her words never caught the air . Duncan spoke after Rachel ;

"Cleo doesn't eat pork and she rarely eats red meat . When we used to go out she also barely touched ginger ale. She's allergic to something in it not the ginger but whatever they add to the drink. "

My step mother smirked.

"Cleopatra next time... That's if there will be a next time because I don't like you and my son together. I will make food for your kind."

Cleo put her fork down took her napkin and wiped her mouth clean said nothing and walked out . I looked at my father and he had a grim face on . My son spoke up again.

"Why are you attacking Cleo .She's nice."

I heard the main door slam shut
Paul stood up but I shook my head and stood up.

"Mom I warned you . Gio buddy go get your back pack we are going home. Wait at the car champ. Uncle Paul will help you."

"Sí papa. "

Giovanni did as he was told and Paul walked out with him. Nina , Nikki and Ruth just irritated me and I wanted to punch Duncan.

Nina shot me an angry look.

"You're not his father .He doesn't have your mark .The Massa birthmark . He has Duncan's genes not yours. I used a condom every time we fucked because I didn't want your child . Even when we got married . Duncan is Giovanni's biological father . You should enjoy Gio because when I'm done with you , Cleopatra will be dealing with a broken man."

I tried to control my temper but I snapped and attacked Duncan . Nikki and Ruth were screaming, Nina was telling me to stop, but I couldn't I was on top of Duncan beating the living daylights out of him .

"Enough Michelangelo!"

My father yelled and I stopped only to get punched by Duncan and get kicked on the side of my head so hard I stayed on the ground.

"I'm Giovanni's father . He will be calling me daddy. Nina left you because she felt unappreciated, and you didn't satisfy her , so did Nikki and Sophia . I haven't slept with Cleo yet but I'm sure she wouldn't mind after I tell her..."

"You leave her out of this. I love her. "

"The only girl you're dating that I haven't slept with. "

My dad helped me up.

" He's my son!"
"No he's mine he has the mark of a Thomas"

Duncan slid his sleeve up revealing a mark on his wrist the same mark Gio had. Within seconds my world was turned upside down.

"Papa ? You're not my daddy...? Can't I have two dad's?"

Nina picked up Giovanni from Duncan .

"No Champ and we are going to live with your real papa ."

"You won't go away ?"

"No champ."

Tasting blood on my lip I shook my head...

"I will visit you okay Gio."

" You're not my real papa . I want my real papa . He is not mean. Bye. "

Taking a deep breath I realised that I couldn't control what was happening . I lifted my hands up in surrender and walked out.
I needed to find Cleo she was the only thing that made sense. Ignoring my mother said goodbye to Paul and my father. As expected Cleo was in the car, it was too cold to be outside. I opened the door and slid into the drivers seat . Cleo didn't look at me . I started the car and drove out. I took the longer route this time because I needed to make things right with Cleo .I will tell her about Giovanni. She wasn't saying anything and that bothered me because I partly blamed myself for her moody spell and it was dark .

"Cleo I'm sorry . Rachel and the others had no right to indifference you ."

Cleo still wasn't saying anything. I couldn't save my situation with Gio but I will try save whatever future I have with Cleo. I stopped the car at one of my favourite spots by the lake and without a word she stepped out and shut the door. I followed her until she stopped by the dock sat down looked at the body of water and said nothing. I sat with her. I wasn't leaving until she talked to me.

©2017 #KCMmuoe