Chapter 55 - Trips and Doubts ✔

All Rights Reserved
©2018 #KCMmuoe

Cleo

Its been a couple of days since the office incident.

Rosa asked Angelo to leave me and the twins and he refused . I have dated outside my race and within my race but I have never had a lot of problems until recently. Rosa has put me through hell . Angelo didn't believe me at first and it hurt to the core that; he refused to see the fruit for the tree. Claudio had a meeting with Angelo on Friday morning. I was summoned upstairs by Blake and my stomach was in knots because I thought Rosa convinced MR Massa to let me go... When I walked into Angelo's office, the first thing I received was an apology and gratitude from Claudio. An apology for Rosa's behavior and attitude towards me and gratitude for not taking the twins away from Angelo. He had found out about the incident that happened the night Blue was drugged. He assured me that Rosa won't do what she did and he loves the twins . We were invited to lunch on Sunday afternoon at the lake house, but before I could respond Angelo said ; no and gave , his mother's ring back to Claudio . The meeting ended peacefully .The twins were with my mother for the weekend and Angelo had planned a weekend away to; I don't know where. We got up supper early before the sun was up and drove out to the airport and boarded a plane to the coast.

When we arrived at our destination , I was feeling tired and all I wanted to do was sleep. The house we were staying in had a beautiful kitchen and ocean views in every room. The main bedroom was breathtakingly stunning .The room was built in such away that it feels like you're in the middle of the sea . Most of the flooring in the house was wooden the walls were painted in an earthy colours except for the maim bedroom which was painted in Navy blue... My favorite color , the teak flooring, white bedding and shutters complimented the room. The bed looked comfy.

I unzipped my boots and hit lights out, I wasn't feeling well , I had a headache and I needed to sleep. I don't know how long I had been out for but I was woken up by the softest touch on my face.

"Bella mia ... Wake up my babe."

I opened my eyes only to lock eyes with my boyfriend's dark blues.

"Hey cute stuff ."

I smiled and he smiled back. Angelo leaned down to kiss me and I kissed him back . he pulled back and placed his hands on my waist and stole another kiss.

" You are such a heavy sleeper MRS Massa its already Sunday."

"I can't believe you let me sleep that long ."

I playfully smacked his chest

" You looked peaceful. I made us dinner . Do you like this house? "

"Random much. I haven't had a tour and I love what I've seen so far. Its still Saturday stop trying to trick me you're really bad at it."

Angelo slid the blanket I was covered in down and lifted me up bridal style I held on his shoulders for support ,and kissed his neck.

"You've been quiet my angel and I'm worried."

As soon as we made it downstairs he put me down, I took my seat and he sat opposite me.

"I'm sorry. "

"No need to be."

"Before we eat I need to know something. "

"Anything ."

" where do we stand as a couple?"

"Are you leaving me?"

I moved from my chair to sit on Angelo's lap and gave him a hug.

"No I just need clarity..."

"I know I haven't asked you to marry me but I want to it right. Amidst everyone telling you otherwise you've stuck by me ."

" I believe in you and me . You want to make this work as much as I do. "

"I do . You have so much faith me ."

"You've never given me a reason not to, and you've been through hell. "

"The food is getting cold ."

I felt disappointed and it must have showed on my face because when I tried to walk Angelo pulled me back by my waist triggering a memory from the night he attacked me. I took in a sharp breath and removed his hands from my waist as quick as I could. I don't know what you call it when you relive trauma buy you're healing at the same time but I reacted on impulse .

" Get off me don't touch me ! "

I ran upstairs feeling panicked ; I felt nauseas and my head started throbbing.

"Cleo What's wrong my babe ? "

I didn't feel like answering Angelo . We've made love everyday since we reconciled and I've never reacted the way I just did . I thought I was okay but I wasn't . As soon as I closed the bathroom door I sat in fetal position with my elbows to my knees and palms to my face and I started crying. My brain too started analysing my current relationship with Angelo. I'm in over my head. I think Rosa was right we can never make this work ; he will leave me for one of his stand by magazine ready girlfriends, I will be a single mother and what if I'm pregnant again with Angelo's baby? He hasn't asked me to marry him . I need that as surety or I'm leaving.

I felt a pair of hands holding me around my shoulders .Peeling my hands off my face I looked up only to be met by Angelo's sad one and his eyes were red .

"I'm sorry. I thought I could do this but I can't."

I was talking in between sobs and Angelo couldn't hold back his tears he started crying too.

"No you're not leaving me . I'm not allowing you to. I know you just flashed back to the night I acted out of character. Your eyes registered fear . I've changed okay... I love you ... Please don't leave me. I will die if you do ."

Angelo seldom cries he sounded so broken and scared . If he only knew that my sun rises and sets with him.

I let go and held Angelo's wet face and kissed him. When I pulled back he looked at me .

" I panicked."

"Let me help you cope."

He stood up and pulled me up with him.

" Only if I can help you cope too."

We were busy wiping each other's tears...

"Only on one condition that; you get that you're mine and no one else can have you. I am yours ."

I nodded and looked at him .

"You're mine and you're not going to run away with some magazine ready girlfriend ..."

Angelo chuckled and kissed me .

"Never my babe . "

" okay then help me cope Massa."

"I will let go and let you do that thing I never allow you to do only if o go first. "

"Okay Blue."

Angelo pulled me in for a hug and I hugged him back .

"I love you Bella mia."

"Love you Blue ."

©2018 #KCMmuoe