Chapter 54 - Truth✔

All Rights Reserved
©2018 #KCMmuoe

Angelo

The hardest decision I've ever had to make was to choose between the woman I love and my family. I'm happy to have my mother back; but at what cost?
Can't I just have both and be happy. Cleo was right about my mother . I didn't want to believe it at first but I saw it with my two eyes. Cleo took the baby bag and Pio with her because he started crying and my mother not only scared him but Cleo too. As soon as she stepped out I looked at my mother impassively.

"Don't look at me like that ."
I sat down behind Cleo's desk and she had left her phone unlocked it looked like she was busy texting Clara...I looked up and spoke to my mother.

"What is wrong with the woman I am in love with?"

"She's a different color and her background isn't exactly
... What you call conventional. "

"She's the mother of my children your grandchildren to be exact. She loved me regardless of what I did and forgave me ."

" you are doing what we thought you'd do. Using Cleo to replace Nina."

"Cleo isn't Nina."

"Really then why did you get her pregnant on purpose and then try make her your wife. Am I the only one who sees how messed up and nonsensical this is. "

"It's not mom and you're indirectly telling me to leave Cleo. "

"Yes she isn't Massa material. Jane on the other hand is perfect and you won't have babies who are confused about who they are. Your father loves the twins but truth be told I'm battling. I looked at Pio the other day and I felt nothing."

"Don't make me choose. "

" You don't have a choice and your father has supported me with any decision I've always taken. You almost killed your babies and their mother. Cleo was smart enough to put measures in place so that I don't take the twins away from her . "

"She had every right to do so and using our police contacts was a low move ."

"You're a Massa Michel , you've killed , lied and cheated."

"Not on Cleo. She's amazing and your refusal to see her the way I do is really uncalled for ."

"Do you want your kids growing up the way you did hah? "

Cleo's phone started flashing and it had Jane written in bold letters
"No I don't but I know in my heart that I love her . "

"Then you leave me no choice."

"What?"
A message came through with the words sorry please forgive me.

"I will tell your father to cut you off completely. He doesn't know about the incident that happened the days before the twins were born. You will have no ties to the family . You relapsed."

"I was drugged mom and Cleo forgave me. She still loves me and believes in what we have."

"Which is what ? A lie . Pio has her skin tone and Pia too. I am embarrassed ."

"What of your own grandchildren?"

"Yes ,our family has a standard to uphold in society. She isn't in the same circles as us. "

"Mom I cannot believe you right now."

" As I said its either them or us . If you could make Jane your wife and have children with her I wouldn't be this antagonistic."

" Mom what did Cleo ever do to you ?"

"Like I said her background and stance."

"She's worked hard to get where she is . She's been through hell and back..."

I stood up to stand walked to where my mother was and looked at her . The woman who raised me wasn't the woman who was standing in front of me.

"Choose ."

I looked at my mother and made eye contact. Her eyes reflected mine but hers held fear and dislike.

"Mom I love you and I also love Cleo and the twins. Gio called Cleo mommy this morning. I am content and happy . She is my best friend , lover , partner and teammate ... Above all she's the mother of my children. "

"Choose."

"I choose Cleo and my family .If it means being cut off ; do it . I will remain a Massa by name only."

I looked at my phone and opened the tracking application. I've been tracking Cleo's evey move.

" You're making a mistake ."

"No I'm following my heart."

Cleo was just outside the door and she entered her office . When I locked eyes with her I fell in love all over again. Pio was asleep and my mother pretended Cleo wasn't in the room.

"Hey Blue. Hey Rosa I forgot my phone sorry for disturbing your ..."

Before she could finish my mother walked out without a word to any of us and slammed the door . The banging sound of the door didn't affect my boy he was out like a light . As soon as Cleo put Pio down I ran over to where she was and gave her a hug . She hugged me back and kissed me . When she pulled back I saw that her eyes were red. Oh my word she heard everything and she's trying to hide it ,but she's doing a bad job at concealing her emotions.

"Blue... I can't make you choose."

"I know you heard everything. There is no choice to make ."

"She threatened to take the twins; I countered her attempt, now she's making you choose between Your family and our babies. I don't want our kids to grow up confused. She's not going to stop . I love you enough to let you go ."

"You're not going anywhere ."

My phone vibrated and it was HR informing me about Cleo wanting to leave . I'm not letting her leave.

"Its done."

She walked to her desk and retrieved her bag with her Car keys . I walked to o her door and locked it and activated the shutter switch.

"Drop your bag Bella. I know you have a half day and Blake cancelled the rest of my day . We are not leaving this office until your get it in your head that I will not leave you and our family."

Cleo did as she was told .

"Can we go home rather and discuss this?"

"Yes . I took an uber this morning so you're my ride home."

"Pia is with my mother . They went shopping . "

"That's okay just as long as you get that I will always be here for you and the babies and that I will always choose you. "

"I'm afraid."
"Don't be . I will talk to my dad and I will fight to keep us together . "

Cleo nodded and looked at me.

"Home."

"Okay . Get your bag and I'll get our boy."

"Your driving. "

"Don't I always drive . Come on hun let's go home and talk ."

I smiled at her and she smiled back .

"Love you Blue."

"We love you Bella."
©2018 #KCMmuoe