Chapter 68 Messed Up 2

Angelo

I messed up. I know I shouldn't have lost it at Cleo last night , but I did and now I am paying for it. As soon as we arived I saw my father in the waiting room ; his blue dress shirt was soiled with blood and my mother was trying to calm him down. Cleo's mother and the twins were not in the country. I flew them out without her knowledge. I was going to tell her last night but I got drunk. There is no doubt that I look like hell. I walked inside and the moment my father looked at me he cried.

" Son I am so sorry. It was an accident ."

"Dad... What happened?"

" Rachel she... She ... I wasn't expecting Cleo to come through . I accidentally shot Cleo aiming for Rachel. She tried to save Gio . I tried to save her... I killed Rachel."

My heart started beating fast . I couldn't comprehend what my father was saying .
Completely drained of energy and overcome with regret I sat down and start rubbing my temples. What in the hell happened at the lake house I've never seen my father this distraught and emotional . My mother came and sat next to me.

"Cleo was just at the wrong place at the wrong time . She had come in the morning to talk to Giovanni who was already up and excited to see her . I saw that her hand had no ring on ,and the look she gave me was the same look she gave at the villa the night after you attacked her."

"I was out drinking."

"She told me. "

"I tried to keep my cool when I found out that she was talking to Ryan. The last thing I remember was that she walked out on me. "

"By the looks of things she was leaving . Bags packed and all. She's been okay. The both of you were okay. I stopped meddling a long time ago. Rachel came with the intent to harm. She shot Gio and Cleo your father tried to protect them but he accidentally shot Cleo.
I need you to stay here ."

"I'm not going anywhere."

" Okay . I'm going to get a clean clothing for your dad ."

I took out the penthouse keys and gave them to my mother and texted Nicolai to stay with her at all times. As soon as they left I sat next to my dad, who couldn't even look at me . He was looking at the swing doors hoping something might happen. It did me no good to panic or cause a scene . So I joined him.

" Papa . It was an accident. I just hope all three are okay. Cleo too."

" Why didn't you tell me she was pregnant?"

"I don't know. I just didn't want anyone knowing , we've already lost one child our relationship cannot survive another loss that could've been avoided."

"They haven't come out so no news ..."

"Means no news dad . I have a hangover. "

" The Perelli brothers are on their way with coffee.You're angry I know . I did everything in my power to save them . "

"I know."

Just as Brent walked in with Carlo, the doctor came out looking grim and spoke;

" Mr Massa ...?"
"Yes ?"
" Are you family?"

" We are she's my wife ..."

" You're not married ."

"Engaged to be ."

" I can't tell you anything."

Brent cut in and spoke.

"Doctor Blake you do know who you're speaking to right."

"No."

"Let me enlighten you. He owns half of the hospital. Which means he is directly indirectly your boss."

"You all don't scare me. Giovanni is critical and any info on Cleo is reserved for her next of kin or family member ."

I interjected.

" The baby she's carrying is mine. She's the mother of our twins. What do I tell them?"

Brent walked towards Doctor Blake and snatched his tablet from his hand .

"You can't do that Mr Perelli ."

"That's Doctor Pereli to you."

Brent started reading what was on the device and his serious face turned into sympathy.

"Brent?"

"I can't do this ..."

"What?"

" I need to talk to Andrew and Caleb. I can't tell you."

I swiftly grabbed the tablet and within seconds my heart broke...

(C) #KCMmuoe