Chapter 5- Excuses to run - Reasons to stay✔

5
Cleo

I love running it clears my head and gets me into focus mode. There are times when you need to figure out if you are running away from something or to something. If I want to avoid conflict and I don't want to hurt anyone; I find excuses to run , if I believe what we have is worth fighting for and that you are worth the fight; leap, fall ,or jump... I will find every possible reason to stay.

I am able to exercise self control;given any situation I can way my options and react accordingly. I have never lost self control at work until Angelo happened.
Granted that I have a curiosity streak however my self control is always under siege when he is around.
Today he looked like he walked off a GQ best dressed shoot and came straight to the office. His voice sounded raspy and sexier than the night before, not to mention the kind of calm and surety he exuded when he turned my plans upsidedown , kissed me in the process, made me weak at the knees and dare I say my whole body was on fire including my heart .I have to admit it to myself before I tell him. I am falling head over heels in love for a guy who's out of my league . I have no business loving him but my heart won't let me stop catching feelings for him. I'm in denial and the safest option is to hold back. He has a an energy and vibe about him that is uniquely his .He's calm and intense and at the same time steadfast and mutable. I sensed his presence the same way I did when I saw him at the market...
Today was no different . He sort of snuck in by the door thought that I didn't notice , but I did and continued with my conversation with Brendan. He heard everything and besides I was leaving. Ruth Jenkins Locket wasn't going to be a problem anymore and I was going to travel... As soon as Angelo moved out of my way or better yet returned my keys and purse and let me walk out.

He was sitting in my chair and I was standing with my hands crossed all offended by his bold dare . Try not to kiss me. I mean really I slipped up once it will not happen again and I cannot handle a grapevine rumour . I'm not sleeping with him but I've canoodled with him twice ...

" Cleo what's it going to be?"
I snapped out of my thoughts and locked eyes with Angelo .

"Nothing ..."
I unfolded my arms and lifted my hands up in surrender and made my way to the door .

" Where are you going?"
Angelo sounded and looked panicked .

"I'm going to The Human Resources Department Mr Massa. When I return I will get my box, purse ,car keys and leave. "

I pressed the shutter screen button knowing that the office would have people and to my surprise everyone was in at eight forty five. I turned around and my breath hitched when I saw Jane , Brendan , Blake , Sue and the whole office . Brendan was holding a white and yellow bouquet of roses and he was smiling. I smiled back and waved.
Angelo spoke again this time with a calm and stern tone .

"I won't let you go . I will call legal. There has to be a way to keep you here . I need you working for me not some stranger . I'm not telling you again .If I haven't made myself clear and I've given you mixed signals I'm sorry. I can't stop how I feel about you. I don't like sharing what I want."

I turned around about to cry but I pinched the bridge and took a deep breath . I didn't want to look at Angelo , I was feeling all sorts of feelings and I just need to leave.

" Excuse me ."

"No."

"Then I'll excused myself . I am not some object or prize. I'm a human being ."

"I didn't mean it that way it came out wrongly."

" Then how else mid you mean what you said."
Angelo gave me a blank stare and said nothing.

I walked out to a surprise farewell party. I was given gifts and hugs but what broke my heart was Blake bursting in to tears and saying sorry. When I told him it was all okay and I gave him a list to do he sort of accepted his new role. When all was said and done I finally made it into somewhat safe arms . Jane had taken all my gifts and headed for my office and she had been in there for a while. I couldn't help but get worried .
Brendan had given me a hug and I ended up crying on his broad shoulder and he pulled me in for a hug.Thank goodness I didn't have any make up on .