Chapter 63 Better Man Since Cleo✔

Angelo
I am so blessed to have Cleo in my life. If yesterday has anything to go by I can't wait to marry her . I took the rest of the week off to plan the party and I made sure everything was kept secret . I was missing Cleo and for some sort of reason I was feeling cold . The air con temperature was set on twenty six.

I slipped into my sweats and sneakers I had already showered this morning with Cleo before I was knocked out cold. The house was quiet... Way too quiet. I went downstairs to go make myself a cup of coffee and find out where my baby love was. I called Cleo and the phone just rang and I could hear the ring tone she just changes it according to how she feels. Just the other day it was BB Rexa -meant to be, and now I'm hearing Dua Lipa's. - One kiss. I ran upstairs to my study and I found the phone and no Cleo. We had new security Nicolai told me he would talk to them when he gets back from Carlo's so they were on high alert .
I looked at Cleo's phone and she had a message from her assistant asking ;how in the hell is she able to print her work from home and that she will do what she is told . I also saw a message from Ryan saying ; I was lucky to have Cleo in my life. I put Cleo's phone down and tried to track her down I gave her a set of studs that had a tracker in them. They were pearl studs; which she was wearing last night and I told her this morning that I wanted to wake up and see her in them . My phone beeped after I opened the application and it pointed to the cold room... What was Cleo doing in the freezer , unless she was looking for something but we had a fully stocked pantry and fridge . I decided to go downstairs by pressing the two buttons on the side of my desk and took the spiral stair case I heard a gun cock as soon as I turned the corner .

I looked at the guy who had a name tag on. He quickly put the gun away and stretched out his hand . I didn't shake his hand .

" Hi boss I caught an intruder ."

This guy is either too serious or he's done bad stuff and it backfired.

"You what?"

" Someone used the entrance you used and she wasn't talking . I threatened to put a bullet in her skull . She wasn't saying a thing so I cuffed her locked her in the freezer. Until you or Nicolai could deal with her. "

I really don't like this guy . He's out by the end of the day or better yet he can go downstairs to the club he looked like he could use the job.

"Where is she?"

I knew Cleo is around .I always feel her that's how connected we are. She's in trouble and if this guy locked her up I am going to beat the living daylights out of him .
I went closer to the freezer and I could hear movement and sniffeling .

Lloyd pointed to the freezer
In here she was lurking around."

"How long ?"
"Thirty minuets .
"Open it . "

Lloyd opened the freezer and the movement stopped. He went in while I stood outside . When he dragged the person out my heart sank but most of all I wanted to do that moment was beat up Lloyd and call him all sorts of names but when I locked eyes with her I took the key he had on the coffee table un cuffed Cleo and she cried uncontrollably . Oh hell why does this always happen. Nicolai walked in and while I was trying to warm Cleo up by taking off my track suit top and covering her up. She wasn't saying anything and as much as I wanted to kill Lloyd I couldn't . I gave Nicolai a look he knew too well. I picked Cleo up and she was still sobbing when we went into the elevator and into the penthouse.when I put her down; poured her a cup of hot chocolate, and gave it to her she didn't make eye contact. She had took off her hoody jeans and shoes and she was only in her thermal onsey under the blanket . Cleo's wrists were a bit bruised and it hurt to see her hurt. I tried to touch her but she moved away and shook her head.

" Don't just don't ."

"Cleo?"

"What the hell is going on in this building."

"We are busy with security upgrades Lloyd didn't know . I'm so sorry. I also picked up a cold from the other night hence the sniffels. I'm not using or taking over the counter stuff.
I go to the room when I need to get ice cream or non alcoholic stuff okay... And if I fortgot to get the milk sometimes. I'm sorry."

She put her mug asside.I gave her hug and she hugged me back.

" Don't be sorry Blue. I just want honesty."
" You have it."
She pulled back and looked at me.

" The accident in. Cape Town wasn't an accident was it ?"

I took a deep breath and I felt exposed without fear of getting hurt . This is a strange but safe feeling she needs to know the truth. I took both her hands in mine and kissed them.

"No . Those two weeks were the worst . I didn't know if I was coming or going . I was so broken Ryan; Paul and my mom told me not to give up. I could have lost you. We lost our baby Cleo and I can't help but blame myself for letting my guard down."

I felt my face heat up and eyes sting with tears.

" You couldn't have known my angel."

Tears started to spring from my eyes and I honestly hated crying in front of Cleo.

" I didn't know . If I knew I'd change everything about that day "
I looked away and started to cry again.

"Wait does this have to do with the night we got back together and there were cops?"

"Yes.The group of guys who were dead were shot by my men . When we went to the coast the branch we were supposed to work at needed attention according to my father . They attacked us here and at the coast . Ryan works for my father and by the time the officials came to the house and told me what had happened my world caved in."

Cleo knelt and gently turned my faced towards her I closed my eyes and she wiped my tears with her palms.

" I know how much you hate crying in front of me or anyone . I want you to cry and feel safe to do so without fear of being judged ."

I opened my eyes and looked into Cleo's glossy eyes .

" I can't . "
"You can ."
"Its hard."
"I know."
"How?"
"Let go you don't have to be strong all the time."

Cleo gave me a hug and all I could do was just hold her and cry instead of hiding out in my study.

"I'm so sorry .I love you."

"You had no control Blue. Its okay. It's not your fault. "

(C) 2018 #KCMmuoe