Chapter 47 - Regrets✅

All rights reserved
©2018 #KCMmuoe

Angelo

I read somewhere that regrets are kind acts we thought of ,but never really put them into action. Many things trigger regret . In my case tragedy has always triggered my feelings of remorse and guilt, mainly because I had caused the drama. This morning I woke up determined to find out why Cleo wasn't sleeping in the same bed as me. At some point I thought she wanted to break up with me. I thought she needed her space but I was so wrong. She didn't seem like herself this morning and even though our drive to the hospital was short, there was a lot to be said but there wasn't a lot of time. Cleo doesn't talk when something's wrong with her but she talks if it has to do with the babies. She passed out before we could walk in and she was taken to the O.R. Carl was with me when Cleo hit lights out. I can't get over the look she gave me before she closed her eyes, it was a look of fear mixed with worry.
I am so worried about her and out babies . I haven't heard a word from Raphael or Brent . They've been in the operating room for the past hour. It feels like forever . I was thinking about the past month and how I could have treated her better; loved her more, showed her more affection , hell I should've demanded her attention.
I can't lose her or the twins . I love her I really do.

The swing doors swung open and Brent walked out with an impassive look on his face .

"Michel ..."

I swallowed the big lump in my throat and looked at him .He shook his head. I knew that look all too well . I've ignored my phone for the whole day and I haven't talked to anyone and Carl hasn't dared to talk to me...

"Perelli what's going on with my family ? "

Brent locked eyes with me and gestured to the vacant chair by the window . I reluctantly sat down and he sat down opposite me.

"I need you to know that we are doing everything we can ..."

"To do what ? My wife is in the operating room she hit lights out and you are supposed to make her better and make sure that our babies are okay ."

Brent took a deep breath and spoke.

"Your baby girl and baby boy are okay they are alive and kicking they are being monitored as we speak . "

I had to remain calm even though I was elated that I was a father to two I needed to know how Cleo was .

"Okay and Cleo?"

"You know I'd bend the rules for you ."

My heart started to beat as faster because; I knew that Brent is like Carlo , he will always have your back no matter what ,but I had a feeling his hands were tied.

" Just tell me already Prerelli ."

"Even though Cleo is your girlfriend she's not your wife. We need her next of kin ."

"Her mother is out of the country and She is flying back tomorrow. She hasn't told me about her family. "

Brent raked his locks back as a sign of frustration. I knew this because on numerous occasions when he couldn't convince anyone to do anything; him raking his locks back was a sign. He looks like Andrew with his curly hair .

"Michel do you know anything about Cleo ... Anything at all because it seems as if you were using her."

"In what way because she's my girlfriend."

"When you lost Gio to Nina you got her pregnant. "

" It wasn't like that I've changed she changed me .She said her family are ashamed of her and the only family she has is her mother . I'm all she has . I love her ."

"I can't tell you how she is for now. Are you okay ?"

Brent looked at me with concerned eyes and I knew.

"I am not using . Don't look at me like that. I only had a bottle of wine when I went out with Jane the other night. Nicolai came to get me."

"No wonder Paul is mad at you... And so are we. Have you any idea how lucky you've been to have Cleo...no wonder Clara was worried . Do you remember anything about three days ago and what you said to stress Cleo?

"Nothing she was ready to leave, before I convinced her not to go."

Brent shook his head and gave me a serious look.
"You know Massa there were times when you messed up and it was easy to clean up , but there's no coming back from this ."

"I don't remember what happened on Wednesday. Cleo and I are okay."

"No you're not . "

"What are you talking about ?"

"She wouldn't tell you once you were sober ; she won't tell you. Thank goodness Nicolai stopped you. "

Oh hell what happened on Wednesday evening?

"I was too drunk to remember Brent."
Carlo looked at me and winced.

"Massa you were in an altered state of mind . You shouldn't have gone out with Jane."

"Brent what happened?"

"You kissed Jane who took a picture of you lip locking; sent it to Cleo and when Cleo confronted you about it you got physical with her. "

I started recalling the night and a wave of guilt hit me. How the hell did I throw away something so precious.

"Oh hell . Why didn't she tell me?"

"She had your babies to consider. They are both in NICU ."

Carlo walked to where we were and spoke .

"Michel you screwed up and you don't remember because you got intoxicated with your ex. She promised she'd never cheat on you but you did ... With her now ex best friend. Brent tell him what's going on with Cleo?"

Brent took a deep breath .

"She had eclampsia that in turn caused an intracranal hemorrhage she's still in surgery."

Brent looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"She's like the sister to me ."
I looked up and saw Carlo's face and I started feeling all sorts of shame and guilt . I couldn't let anyone see me cry so I ran upstairs to the roof and the minuet I opened the door and saw nothing but trees and a highway I cried . I needed to run somewhere anywhere ... The chapel . He's heard me and come through for me so many times I need him now more than ever. I let out a scream and cursed my self .I slid down on the wall next to the door and cried. I was okay with having my crying session until I heard a voice...

"Michaelangelo why are you crying , is it Cleo?"

I looked up and saw a kind face etched with concern.

"Who are you ?"

"Clara Perelli ..."
©2018 #KCMmuoe