Chapter 7- Nursing A Broken Soul✔

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe

Cleo
Nothing hurts more than a broken heart . A broken heart that has not healed properly is like a scar that hasn't healed properly . On the surface everything looks standard; however when you go deeper you are still blue and black from the blow that you sufferd at the hands of the one who swore love , protection, and stability. If dealt with sooner the scar can heal if not it can rott and cause major problems. Imagine baking a cake that flops. Proper healing happens from the inside out. When you nurse your broken heart too long thinking that you're okay you end up discovering that the damage is worse than initially thought and its somehow spread to your soul. So not only are you nursing a broken heart but a broken soul too by default. Two broken pieces are a perfect fit only if they are whole and not shattered. If you can find someone who loves you inside out broken parts and all then you are lucky. When you love; you love the bright sides as well as the dark, you cannot attack flames you don't understand . When you find someone who's been through the same flames as you; not only do you realize you're not alone in your battle but you have a teammate to help you fight. That kind of softens the blow.

Once upon a time I was happy everything in my life was okay. I had a supportive family, a great circle of friends , a man who loved and adored me , a steady job and above all I was grounded in my faith. I was always able to balance family and work life and my family would come first no mater what... However in a blink of an eye everything can change ; and when you look back you'll realize if what happened didn't happen you wouldn't be the person you are today.
It has been a couple of years since that fateful night that resulted in me ending up in the ER. I know that because I can never forget August the fifteenth which surprisingly is today. I swear this day is just cursed . It's been like a rollercoaster ride literally. I woke up this morning with a clear goal in mind . Leave before everyone arrives and set up an interview with another agency that is willing to let me fly because I have the wings, and go out for clubbing night. As far as I'm concerned ; I've gone from having a job to having a new contract , to being attacked for being myself , and now leaving a new position I was picked for but because of my color and past I dropped.
I don't know how to feel , but what I'm sure of is I don't want to feel the way I'm feeling.
I don't even want to talk about Angelo. I told him so. He just stood there and said nothing . I didn't expect him to . As soon as I made it to the lift I pressed the call button. I looked at the time and it was ten thirty . Since lunch wasn't happening I needed to find a place of peace . Thinking about it I remembered it was the feast day of The Assumption , I might as well go to the Midday Mass. I wanted to go in the evening but the sooner I go the better . This whole situation just reminded me how broken my soul is and also that it hasn't completely healed. Even though Duncan is no longer in my life and has apologized for putting me through hell , I forgave him, and he has become a scar that I wear so well. Other scars have faded except for the one on my collarbone that goes all the way to my shoulder blade and one on my ribcage... Just thinking about that night upsets me in more ways than one and I get so angry at myself. My own mother doesn't know what happened and I want to keep it that way. She has already lost one child and I saw how that broke her , I lived through it and what hurts is that my brother didn't deserve to die the way he did it was brutal. Now imagine me telling my mother that I almost died . I'm constantly living in the shadow of someone else's wing. Not a day goes by that she doesn't talk about him and the little to no support from the family taught me that I can't depend on anyone but myself . My friends also didn't know what happened to me .Only the guy who found me , who was an angel because I woke up and my hospital bills were paid by an anonymous person . All I remembered was an MM6 on the S.U.V that stopped. I was also given a bracelet made of silver with angel wings on it. It was written to MM with a heart and CM. The lift stopped at my floor and I headed straight for the office I once called mine , grabbed my purse, phone , Car keys, and my box of stuff and gifts . Blake ran to help me and when we had said our goodbyes, security let me out with no problems and I was on my way home. I needed a good meal , some sleep , church and a break which meant cancelling on Club night .