Chapter 36 - Communication Breakdown✅

All rights reserved
©2017 #KCMmuoe

Angelo

For as long as I can remember; I loved being in control ,even though it has gotten me in trouble. There is a lot of things I need to talk to my father about; however first and foremost I need to talk to my baby love. Ever since we've gotten back from the hospital Cleo has been distant and it's driving me crazy.
I know that mood swings come with pregnancy, I've had first hand experience when Nina was pregnant. The food carvings and combinations were crazy. I'm not comparing her to Cleo but it feels different. I didn't care when Nina didn't talk to me I always didn't measure up to her ridiculous expectations.

Cleo on the other hand has been a breath of fresh air. I fall in love with her every time I see her . This whole week she's been coming back home late. I have my men following her for protection and all they tell me is that she throws herself in her work and Paul is busy finalising the merge with my father . He still thinks my will power is weak , considering my history. We ended things off on a bad note this morning when we had breakfast. I hate fighting with him. He has his reasons for keeping things from me. He claims I will understand. I will call him later . I took half the day off to surprise Cleo with dinner . I knew she would be home around eight in the evening. She was driving with Jane and Nicolai .

I was almost done with desert when I heard the door open. Part of me felt something was missing and I know the feeling very well .

"Hello chef. I didn't know you were opening a restaurant. I should hire you to cook at our wedding. "

Nicolai was teasing me to prep me for a heavy blow or bad news.

" Humbug stop teasing Michel. Whatever you're cooking I'm sure the recipient will enjoy it ."

I untied my apron and hung it. Bella wasn't with them. As calm as I was and sure about my girlfriend's whereabouts. I started to feel worried. Just when I was about to ask Jane where Cleo was my phone started ringing and when I glanced at the screen and it was Perelli . I answered the call with no hesitation .

"Carlo ?"

"Buddy . Is Cleo with you?"

"No what's going on?"

"The team lost her. "

"What!"

"Watch your tone."

I tried to calm down, but I felt anger build up inside me and not in a good way.

"Where the hell is Brendan?"

"He's with me . He says the last time Cleo was like this she was unpredictable. She's mad at the both of us and you for having her followed. Her phone is off and for the first time in years I'm having trouble."

"... But you're my best guy. "

"She also has another account you don't know about. What happened?"

"I don't know . She's been distant lately and I didn't ask her why."

" I know she loves you and losing it at her will only cause you more hurt."

"Are there any new guys who have been flirting with her ?"

"No there aren't any and deep down you know she's not the type. I'm going to echo what Paul said you screw this up I will never forgive you. For the first time you have an amazing girl and given your previous track record we all feel she's right for you and you know it."

"She was wearing a pendant I gave her this morning. I attached a tracking device in her bag this morning."

"Why didn't you say so. I'm on it."

I hung up and walked back in the kitchen only to find Jane and Nicolai kissing each other like there was no tomorrow.

" You two are enjoy dinner. I'm going to wait for Cleo at her apartment."

Nicolai continued kissing Jane and pulled a thumbs up sign.
I knew Cleo had another phone so on my way out I dialed the number she picked up after four rings.

"Hey Blue. "

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't coming home with Jane?"

I went in the car and switched on the blue tooth receiver and started driving.

" Oh hi Cleo I'm fine totally peachy . I can't wait to see you . "

"Cleopatra your phone has been off the whole day, its almost nine pm ."

"Stop complaining . "

"I'm not I am worried. "

"I'm fine thanks for asking Michelangelo."

Who the hell am I talking to . What have I done wrong because; this is the first time Cleo is being cold to me.

"I took half the day off and I cooked dinner."

"I'm already at dinner with someone else. "

I heard a man's voice in the background and my heart started to hurt . Am I cursed to have every girl I love leave me... And if Cleo leaves me I don't know how I'm going to cope.

"We need to talk."

"Please and thank you are still magic words... No Tom I don't drink. No alcohol. I'm heading home thank you."

She's pregnant why are you giving her alcohol you twit. I have to find her.

"Why are you being so cold . Who's the guy you're sleeping with that's offering you alcohol."

There goes my jealousy.

"You know the answer to that. I'm not coming home tonight."

I really hate not being in control.

"Don't do this when we need to talk. "

"Angelo you're already accusing me of cheating when you know I'm not . You're having me followed by Carl and Brendan and you're being overly possessive. You don't trust me."

Oh but my baby love I trust you with my life .

" I do ."

"No you don't. "

"You're carrying our babies."

"Means nothing to you... "

"It means everything to me."

"I have to go."

"I love Bella."

"Love you too Blue
Bye."

Cleo sounded nasal over the phone when she hung up, and it broke my heart.
She was right.

I pulled into the parking bay and made my way up to Cleo's apartment, let my self in and waited for her... I must have dossed off because I heard Cleo's heels echo in the foyer. I woke up and stood still . I knew the apartment well enough to pinpoint where any sound was coming from . I looked at my watch and it was well after one in the morning. Cleo walked in barefoot heels on one hand and bag on the other . She was making her way to the bathroom when I decided to speak.

"Its one in the morning . Where have you been?"

She took a deep breath.

"Don't start Massa ."

She sounded worn out and angry.

"The hell I won't . I've been worried sick ."

"Worry away . I'm done. I can't do this . "

"What do you mean?"

Cleo dropped both her heels and bag . I could see her silhouette but not her face. The moon was shinning through her bedroom window . She put both her hands on her fact and the sniffles started. Oh please don't cry Bella.

"Us. Maybe;Sophie, Rachel,Nikki, Nina, and Ruth were right. I'm not cut out to be your girlfriend or anything ."

"Cleo."
I stood up from the bed to make my way to Cleo but she went into the bathroom and locked the door. What the hell just happened? There is no way in hell I'm accepting what she just said. She can't break up with me. ©2017 #KCMmuoe