Escaping the CEO 2 - sample 💛☺

Chapter 1

Memory loss

CLEO

The past couple of months have been the worst. I have lost a part of my life that was somehow important and I don't know how to get it back. I honestly feel lost; confused and afraid. I feel lost because; I have no recollection of my life before the head injury and being shot in the gut . It feels as if I am swimming aimlessly in an ocean full of Islands but I cannot seem to pick one to swim to ,and stay in until I get rescued. The confusion part comes in terms of being head of the communications department, being the bosses wife to be , and having kids with him . How the jelly beans did I become such a text book case? The part that scares me is never remembering anything at all.

This morning I checked out of the hospital and called an uber to take me home. The day before yesterday which was Wednesday; Michelangelo came through to give me my phone, and my apartment keys .He even came with some chocolate cake to try and cheer me up, but I was moody and he picked that up. He lost his temper at me and walked out clearly frustrated because I was treating him like a total stranger and I was being cold towards him. I gave the rest of my chocolate ganache cake to the nursing staff. I knew that they were always rotated so ; I had devised an escape plan that was executable . Michelangelo had been in everyday for the past two months trying his best to make me remember him... but my head wouldn't budge.

I knew I was passive aggressive towards him and he would snap sooner or later . Hell I didn't even like me. He got so angry he threw the vase of flowers he brought with him at the wall. We were in the private wing of the hospital, and the room I was put in was secluded so the only people who would be aware that anything had happened would be the security guards posted outside my room and the people who came to visit me. My mother was still out of the country with the twins ,and when we talked she made me feel better, loved and cared for. She also asked me to give my so called husband to be a chance.

Michelangelo didn't come through and visit yesterday, and there was no security posted outside my room. The only people that came to see me were the nurse and doctor. My doctor too had changed. It wasn't Brent ; but it was Doctor Baker. Later on last night I called Michelangelo three times but he didn't pick up. So the first thing I did this morning was pack my duffle bag and head home. Before I could leave I was given my hospital bill and I was told to settle the outstanding amount by the end of the month. The bill almost gave me a heart attack. I headed downstairs using the elevator and as soon as I stepped out my ride was waiting for me outside. I threw my duffle in and took a deep breath before I got inside and was driven home.

It was round about seven in the morning when I got home so ; I cleaned up and made a call to the human recourses department at work. Susan answered the call and she was elated to hear my voice. She was the secretary at work last time I remember... wow how long was I out for?

" Hey Susan. How are you?"

" Good morning Cleo . I am good and you angel?"

"I am fine thanks. You sound happy?"

I was far from fine. I was also glad that she didn't notice I was lying.

" All thanks to you I wouldn't have gotten the HR gig if you didn't push me. How are you feeling?"

"Tired but I will manage. Do I still have a job?"

"ha ha yes friend you do and you get paid very well ."

" hah?"

" Yes."

" So if I had a hospital bill that was almost forty grand plus a couple of thousands, I'd be able to pay that?"